Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

10 games left - the run in

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to put tonight’s omnishambles to one side and look at the run in rationally.

We have ten left to play.

We currently have a three point lead over 2nd, and a seven point lead over 3rd. Better goal difference than both (at the time of writing).

Assume we lose to Cardiff - the gap is gone, hopefully goal difference would keep us clear. That’s effectively our one free hit gone.

Someone helpfully pointed out previously we have an atrocious record away at Boro. We’ll assume nothing gets better there.

But, other than Derby, the remaining fixtures on paper look promising. Villa still have to play Cardiff too.

If we can avoid any nasty surprises beyond the Cardiff, Derby and Boro games, I would hope we’ll make it over the line. I’ll admit that’s ignoring our current stuttering form but is there any reason to think we wouldn’t be favourites in the other seven?

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to put tonight’s omnishambles to one side and look at the run in rationally.

We currently have a three point lead over 2nd, and a seven point lead over 3rd. Better goal difference than both (at the time of writing).

Assume we lose to Cardiff - the gap is gone, hopefully goal difference would keep us clear. That’s effectively our one free hit gone.

Someone helpfully pointed out previously we have an atrocious record away at Boro. We’ll assume nothing gets better there.

But, other than Derby, the remaining fixtures on paper look promising. Villa still have to play Cardiff too.

If we can avoid any nasty surprises beyond the Cardiff, Derby and Boro games, I would hope we’ll make it over the line. I’ll admit that’s ignoring our current stuttering form but is there any reason to think we wouldn’t be favourites in the other seven?
We could actually increase our gap this week we play two home games v reading and Burton, anything other then 6 points would be a disgrace. Cardiff in the same period have two tricky away games v Brentford and them Derby, we could actually increase the gap to Cardiff this week.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afobe offers virtually nothing. Same tonight. I’m afraid he’s our Sturridge

S

ShropshireLad

Ask yourself, would you prefer to be where we are now or where any other team in the league is.

I've made my point.

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s quite feasible that Cardiff could lose their next 2 games and we win ours and they’ve got to play veeella where there can only be one winner (unless they draw....which will do just fine)...and derby

D

Deleted member 4184

Today’s result doesn’t actually change anything.

The team’s excellent first half of the season have earned them a privilege of not needing to worry about the remaining BIG games. Reading, Burton, these are the games we need points from.

Reading Burton Bolton blues sheff wed Sunderland

18 points puts us on 94 points, if we lose every other game....

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way too many games for my liking. We are going to be overhauled big time at this rate. I wished it were a couple.

D

Deleted member 5962

As opposed to the striker 0 in 16 or the stumbling Jota who clearly needs boots with studs on

Okay then

Them being poor doesnt invalidate Afobe being poor. Lets face it, we ****ed up in january we picked the wrong striker and now we are stuck with a main striker shot of confidence, our star winger is tired and error prone, and a blast from the past that has a bad case of damp powder.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about Fulham going like a train they worry me more than villa?But start dropping points at home really would put the pressure on.

W

we8wba

Them being poor doesnt invalidate Afobe being poor. Lets face it, we ****ed up in january we picked the wrong striker and now we are stuck with a main striker shot of confidence, our star winger is tired and error prone, and a blast from the past that has a bad case of damp powder.

Yep here we go again we lost to villa because f benik

W

WanderingWolf

Reading and Burton are massive massive games! Not just to keep us top but to give us some confidence and momentum. Win those two games and we will be confident to get something at boro, we should then be beating hull and all of a sudden we are practically promoted.

Reading win
Burton win
Boro draw
Hull win

That will put us on 86points with 6 games to go. To be that close the momentum will take us over the line.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the key is win the next 2 irrespective what happens then with others the gap maintains at the least. During international break close ranks go off somewhere and work on getting back the discipline that got us the lead we had a month or so back. We have oppurtunity but the big MUST is to win the next 2.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the key is win the next 2 irrespective what happens then with others the gap maintains at the least. During international break close ranks go off somewhere and work on getting back the discipline that got us the lead we had a month or so back. We have oppurtunity but the big MUST is to win the next 2.

Yes absolutely vital ,there is a chance cardiff will slip up this week but assume villa and fulham wont.

All managers favour certain players and formations but its now time for nuno to earn his money.Its obvious certain players are struggling. How stubborn is he ?.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes absolutely vital ,there is a chance cardiff will slip up this week but assume villa and fulham wont.

All managers favour certain players and formations but its now time for nuno to earn his money.Its obvious certain players are struggling. How stubborn is he?

I think we will see changes on Tuesday.

Bennett will be back for Batth and rightly so.

Saiss will probably be back for Alf. For me that would be the wrong call as Alf gives us more going fwd and against the more defensive teams we will need that. Maybe a start for MGW?

Norris will probably be in for Ruddy. I've defended Ruddy to the hilt think he has become the Edwards of seasons gone by. That said maybe it's 1 mistake too many and Norris has waited his turn and may get his chance.

Bonatini has to be dropped. But..... this will be controversial not for Afobe. I'm sorry but Afobe does not suit the system that has got us to where we are. I think Nuno recognises this in training so is appearibg stubborn by not starting him. I think it will be Cav, Jota and Costa as a front 3.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont think he will drop Ruddy unfortunately but I hope Afobe starts with Saiss and Bennett

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t win either of the next two games to be honest. It’s almost like we expect them to roll over without much effort ( like us at Villa)
Players look leggy , team selection questionable , and we stuffed up in January by not spending on a goalscoring target man
Afobe has been a poor signing. Bonatini couldn’t buy a goal and what other option is there ?
We have been found out and we have no plan B

Back
Top Bottom