Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ratcliffe quoted as saying that "United don't want to buy Mbappe, they want to find the next Mbappe".

Well **** off and find the next Joao Gomes too please!!
Maybe Ratcliffe will end up like Boehly at Chelski. He is a crazy fan who wants to splash money.

So If he wants Gomes they can pay the price we want not some made up media piece pushed by his representatives.

Us being in a healthy financial position. (The media seem to forget) makes this summer more interesting. Bigger clubs won’t be happy we want good money for our product

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe Ratcliffe will end up like Boehly at Chelski. He is a crazy fan who wants to splash money.

Ratcliffe seems to talk a good game... he also spoke a good game on brexit (then moved to europe) and he spoke a good game about his car factory he was going to build in Bridgend (he built it in austria ).

He seems to do alot of speaking but then does a complete u turn, I expect it will be much of the same for united rather than anything else, they are lightyears behind City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ratcliffe seems to talk a good game... he also spoke a good game on brexit (then moved to europe) and he spoke a good game about his car factory he was going to build in Bridgend (he built it in austria ).

He seems to do alot of speaking but then does a complete u turn, I expect it will be much of the same for united rather than anything else, they are lightyears behind City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Talks about signing Gomes to replace Casemiro, then gives Casemiro a 5 year, £500k per week extension instead. Hopefully.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s true. Wonder if he will cave to fan pressures

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the talk about Southgate being his next choice to replace Ten Hag is interesting too.

I bet he only wants Southgate for his FA contacts, to help push through his part tax-payer funded Old Trafford plans. Then Southgate will be binned off before the paint is dry.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m more hoping for an out and out 9 type player. Not at all fussed if he can play other forward positions.
I’m always sceptical when players are described as being able to play all across the front line….. suggests to me they’re not fantastic in any of the positions!
Being able to play either side is fine and desirable, but the difference between the 9 role and wider deeper positions is significant imo. Yes have a wide forward who could fill in occasionally down the middle. But what we really need this summer is one genuine central first choice player.
I don’t think Guedes would ever be that player, even if he was committed to being here…

We do need an out and out striker, but we also need options who can fill all 3 roles when needed with us having a smaller squad, we do need the flexibility. Guedes if he wanted to be here could absolutely do that. He's been involved in 8 games so far for Villareal in La Liga, and he's got 4 goal contributions. In his spell in Spain before we signed him, he had 66 goal contributions in 178 games. Its a pretty impressive record in a top European league. Maybe he just suits Spanish football, but it would have been nice to see what a motivated to play for us Guedes could have done here.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
couldn’t afford him.

I have mates who are Celtic fans and when I mentioned the linking of Hugo Bueno to Celtic they laughed. Celtic are notoriously tight fisted ( their fans refer to the so called transfer budget as " opening the biscuit tin " ) they would only want Hugo if he was going for some car boot sale price ! Even then with the CEO at Celtic Peter Lawell ( a man who makes Jez Moxey look seem like a scatter cash ) they would try to drive the price even lower.

My mates say this happens every year around this time when Celtic need to start getting season ticket sales started and especially in seasons when there is a real chance Rangers will be champions that the Board start panicking and claiming they are going to be spending money. They recommend were Hugo Bueno going to Celtic is concerned we use the Glasgow term " Dingy " which means Ignore it .

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have mates who are Celtic fans and when I mentioned the linking of Hugo Bueno to Celtic they laughed. Celtic are notoriously tight fisted ( their fans refer to the so called transfer budget as " opening the biscuit tin " ) they would only want Hugo if he was going for some car boot sale price ! Even then with the CEO at Celtic Peter Lawell ( a man who makes Jez Moxey look seem like a scatter cash ) they would try to drive the price even lower.

My mates say this happens every year around this time when Celtic need to start getting season ticket sales started and especially in seasons when there is a real chance Rangers will be champions that the Board start panicking and claiming they are going to be spending money. They recommend were Hugo Bueno going to Celtic is concerned we use the Glasgow term " Dingy " which means Ignore it .
i believe Celtic aren’t spending because of expected liability in the Celtic Boys Club scandal.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lol. He also spoke a good game when he started a small petro chems business called Ineos which he wanted to use as a vehicle to buy unloved assets off companies like BP. Roll forward 20 years and it’s now one of the largest in the world and he is a multi billionaire and has made his close associates also billionaires. He also has assets and investments in football, cycling, sailing, the grenadier, clothing (he owns belstaff)…..the list goes on.

I worked on that first large transaction when he bought Innovene from BP and I can tell you for a fact he does more than “talk a good game”. He also has a seriously good team….Greame Leask is a name you won’t hear to often but that guy built the entire thing. They are true business men and put their money where their mouth is.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the amount of game of thrones references that can be made for him, especially with us being wolves too. just a few years too late
Over my head....never watched it ....have been to Dubrovnik though and it was swarming with sightseers all talking about it.....kept getting in my way....was probably only me there who had never seen it...

Like the look of the player though.....can play a few positions

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Double deal £100m for Neto and Gomes plus add-ons. Would you take it? If not what would you take £120m?
IF it came to it yes £100mil for both with sell ons
Obviously we dont want to lose both or even either, but we may well have to sell first ,and thats a decent price, even though i know many wont see it as that

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF it came to it yes £100mil for both with sell ons
Obviously we dont want to lose both or even either, but we may well have to sell first ,and thats a decent price, even though i know many wont see it as that
Gomes is very well suited to the premier league. I would be minded to reject £50m for him on account of the fact I think he could be worth much more by the following summer.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’d be crazy to sell Gomes for £40-50m this summer when he’s likely to be a star for a (hopefully) stronger Wolves side next season. He isn’t going to kick up a fuss, he’s very happy here, so no deal. Sell Neto and some fringe players but absolutely keep hold of Gomes, Cunha and RAN this summer.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’d be crazy to sell Gomes for £40-50m this summer when he’s likely to be a star for a (hopefully) stronger Wolves side next season. He isn’t going to kick up a fuss, he’s very happy here, so no deal. Sell Neto and some fringe players but absolutely keep hold of Gomes, Cunha and RAN this summer.
We should be giving Rayan and Gomes a pay rise.....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely agree.
In fact ideally keep Neto too, and just get good fees for all the players we don’t want!

The dilemma will come if the only bids we get are for Gomes and/or RAN!?
Would we then need to except around £50m for one of them in order to be able to bring in a couple…..

Back
Top Bottom