Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just my opinion but Gomes Ran and Cunha are untouchable
Exactly the same view here. If it was up to me, I'd consider selling anyone else in the whole squad bar Gomes, RAN, & Cunha.

Thankfully, I think Cunha is the least of our worries to leave, with the money we paid for him it would take a hefty fee to sell that I'm not convinced anyone would stump up at present.

Gomes & Rayan I'd be more worried about. Feels like either could leave along with Neto if we got a solid bid for them, with Rayan the more likely of the two as things stand.

I would include Lemina in that stance also, but I think he's found his home at Wolves now and we won't need to worry about him leaving, & with his age, he's not in the same bracket to command a fee the likes of Neto, Gomes, RAN, & Cunha would.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman would be top of my list for a big sale.
Kilman £40m+ depends who wants him.. I mean we could replace him for half that price. Kevin Danso or Sangante for example.

Unfortunately Hobbs has said previously every player has their price.

Suppose we have to hope nobody matches our valuations on RAN & Gomes.

Two key cogs in the team. I think the club values them both above £55m.

It’s going to be another summer of all of our good players being linked away. Wouldn’t get too bothered about it much of it is agent talk. Especially around Gomes. There is definite interest in Neto & Ait-Nouri though. Enquires have been made previously by others.

Gomes enquiry got laughed at from Spurs. That gives a clear indication of how highly we value him

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone has their price apart from hwang who the management view as someone who gives us commercial opportunities.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positive - we have players other sides want.

Negative - we have players other sides want.

Bottom line is we are working on a conveyor belt bring player in and sell on. Not every player but 1-2 a season.

Which will we sell? No idea.

Neto, Gomes, Semedo, RAN and Cunha are five obvious ones who could move into a top 8 side.

Also Kilman, Hwang, Sarabia and Lemina who may move.

Before injury I would have bet on Neto. Now feels like a big offer for Gomes or RAN even if Neto comes back just before season end. Cunha next season.

Question is the same - can we replace and improve or will we weaken? Will it be 3-4 £15m acquisitions or a couple of vanity projects?

Bottom line is every transfer is a risk and players generally take time to settle (unless bought from British club and pay premium).

Refresh button at the ready….particularly for last fortnight.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is only worth selling Kilman for 40 million as we have to give Maidenhead 8 million. Who negotiated that deal?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's clearly a footballer there. He's a good player I would keep but for his resale value and FFP impact to us.

Shame he isn't a little more combative like Declan Rice.
Yea I agree.....I like Max but understand his has limitations hence why I think we may not get an offer too good to refuse as such ...it not just down to him as , I think with the current financial circumstances most clubs find themselves in, money will be tight at most clubs this summer and that will effect the market ...I think we would have interest but nearer the 20/25m market which makes replacing him and cashing in not so tempting...

I think it the current climate with all things considered we may do well to get 50m for Neto...so talk of 40m plus for Max is a pushing it a bit...

Last edited:

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you can get £30m for Max..
Captain of a Premier League Club.
Young, English and has a great attitude to both training and playing which looking out is a rare commodity.

£2m to Maidenhead and £28m towards FFP would be great for Wolves purchasing..
Maybe hmeven get a % sell on .

Must NOT sell RAN, Gomes, Super Mario, Cunha...
Others I am open too only IF its beneficial to Wolves and not the other clubs.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positive - we have players other sides want.

Negative - we have players other sides want.

Bottom line is we are working on a conveyor belt bring player in and sell on. Not every player but 1-2 a season.

Which will we sell? No idea.

Neto, Gomes, Semedo, RAN and Cunha are five obvious ones who could move into a top 8 side.

Also Kilman, Hwang, Sarabia and Lemina who may move.

Before injury I would have bet on Neto. Now feels like a big offer for Gomes or RAN even if Neto comes back just before season end. Cunha next season.

Question is the same - can we replace and improve or will we weaken? Will it be 3-4 £15m acquisitions or a couple of vanity projects?

Bottom line is every transfer is a risk and players generally take time to settle (unless bought from British club and pay premium).

Refresh button at the ready….particularly for last fortnight.
I can guarantee it wont be vanity projects i think we have finally learned that lesson
My guess is we go the South American route that seems to be where the value is

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We must keep hold on Joao.

The lad is gonna be worldclass just within a season or two..then we sell if we must for top price.

Now it is not the time to sell Joao.It´s hands off any bid that isn´t completely ridiculous.

I can´t stress this enough..it only took a couple of matches to see the lad is destined for the top of the game.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am blowing the trumpet for McAtee this summer. Him and Doyle together in the squad would bring some excellent input. Would get McAtee in even if Neto stays.Plus two strikers, not one, assuming Silva and Guedes disappear and Sasa will be out of action till January next year and may sadly have come to the end of the line career-wise.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see us keeping Semado as a second choice.
Also I hope we give Chiquinho a chance, I think he could potentially be very useful as an impact sub, possibly even in the wingback position.
Similarly there is no way that Sa is staying as second choice.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to think this but I can see Neto , RAN , Cunha and Gomes all going in the summer. That would generate best part of £200m
Then the clear out of Silva , Guedes , Podence , Chiquinho …. Hopefully another £30m
Then Jeff will give GON and Hobbs £150m back to get the replacements in
This then sorts out any possible FFP problems plus I’m confident GON can get us adequate replacements to keep us up
And that’s our bag isn’t it ? Survival and keep the prem money rolling in
Reality as I see it

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to think this but I can see Neto , RAN , Cunha and Gomes all going in the summer. That would generate best part of £200m
Then the clear out of Silva , Guedes , Podence , Chiquinho …. Hopefully another £30m
Then Jeff will give GON and Hobbs £150m back to get the replacements in
This then sorts out any possible FFP problems plus I’m confident GON can get us adequate replacements to keep us up
And that’s our bag isn’t it ? Survival and keep the prem money rolling in
Reality as I see it
I agree I imagine we'll lose a fair few who we would rather keep.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So awful if true
In the modern world its hard to believe he was on holiday somewhere without mobile phone or Internet coverage. Unless he's the sort who likes to spend his 2 weeks trekking in the Amazon or the jungles of Papua New Guinea.
If there's any truth to this, which I doubt, he didn't or couldn't sanction the deal.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a no brainer in the summer, modest fee and contract, everybody pretty much agreed. Still annoys me as he’s now out of our reach.
I was desperate for us to sign him... think I was mentioning him every other day on here in the summer! Not at all surprised to see how well he's doing at Sporting. That doesn't guarantee it'd translate to this level, but I think he's so well-rounded that it wouldn't have been a problem, and he'd have suited our dynamic front three perfectly. Oh well, can't win them all.

I hope we don't overlook the Championship in the summer. We wanted Scott and Gyokeres and neither ended up materialising. The cream of the crop in that league often succeed at this level.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This has to be a load of tripe. As others have said we could not pick up a phone. Loads will just use this to bash Shi again now.

If we were all led to believe we had no money in the summer, makes more sense that we had to sell to buy like others have said and we had no money to complete the transfer.
Could be true of course.

Plenty of evidence to show you how bad Shi's judgement is running the club.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the modern world its hard to believe he was on holiday somewhere without mobile phone or Internet coverage. Unless he's the sort who likes to spend his 2 weeks trekking in the Amazon or the jungles of Papua New Guinea.
If there's any truth to this, which I doubt, he didn't or couldn't sanction the deal.
I got phone reception on a glacier in Iceland last year, and when I went to machu picchu a little while back. Get a better provider Jeff.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
So we can sell millions of players lose and gain a manager whilst Jeff is in china but no one can pick up a phone or do a bacs transfer? Meanwhile we’re making bids on Alex Scott but then have no money
Obviously expecting some fosun investment that didn’t happen.

Back
Top Bottom