Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi Out

Should Jeff Shi Go?

• Yes

Votes: 368 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 195 34.6%

• Total voters

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is that, and it’s not the only mistake he has made. But he learns, he hasn’t got the ego of some of these megalomaniac owner-operators and he trusts people until the ****-up and then isn’t shy about kicking them out
on balance I’d rather have him than roll the dice on another CEO- or indeed an American owner who is a wannabe CEO
Certainly agree on the Americans.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's on Gary. He should have just put Bellegarde on the wing where he's comfortable.

But then you affect Cunha and Neto who are the key to our success……

Cannot blame Gary mate, you just cannot change cunha or Neto’s roles and strategy currently.

Those two just cannot be changed at the minute, electric and tearing teams apart.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t for the life of me understand how Jeff’s still here, entertainment at an all time low, 4-2 away to Chelsea, get rid, Everton, Forest, Chelsea, Blues, Baggies, Wigan, all clubs better run than us. FOSUN said we’d win the league: you’ve let us down AGAIN
Christ, are we really going to do this snarky, fickle nonsense every time there's a win or a loss? The complaints about Jeff and Fosun are long-standing, and largely divorced from the day-to-day running on the coaching side. Gary wasn't backed in January; he's succeeding in spite of the club's financial standing, not because of it.

I saw a comment earlier in this thread complaining that the thread was only bumped at the end of the window, and at no point before in January. We can't be asked to judge people at the end of the window, then complain when people do exactly that!

Rowzed

Reaction score
Christ, are we really going to do this snarky, fickle nonsense every time there's a win or a loss? The complaints about Jeff and Fosun are long-standing, and largely divorced from the day-to-day running on the coaching side. Gary wasn't backed in January; he's succeeding in spite of the club's financial standing, not because of it.

I saw a comment earlier in this thread complaining that the thread was only bumped at the end of the window, and at no point before in January. We can't be asked to judge people at the end of the window, then complain when people do exactly that!
I think that was the point I was trying to make

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But then you affect Cunha and Neto who are the key to our success……

Cannot blame Gary mate, you just cannot change cunha or Neto’s roles and strategy currently.

Those two just cannot be changed at the minute, electric and tearing teams apart.
A 9 could affect them too. Sarabia is such a beautiful piece with them. He gives them more offensive freedom by dropping back defensively so frequently, but he also understands them. All three players shifted positions constantly, especially Sarabia and Cunha.

However, Cunha has played straight up the middle before and if he's going to start Bellegarde with them, Cunha should be in the middle.

In reality, if Sarabia wasn't ready for 90, I would have slotted Gomes in and went with a midfield 3 with just Neto and Cunha.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is suspicious how often this thread is at the top after a defeat though. It almost makes one think that some fans can only remember the most recent result, and base their entire world view on that.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi must be the luckiest bloke alive. Should've been in a relegation battle with our FFP issues and last minute change of manager on the eve of the season but GON and the squad have literally worked wonders so far. Lucky, lucky man. I'm not giving him any credit.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi must be the luckiest bloke alive. Should've been in a relegation battle with our FFP issues and last minute change of manager on the eve of the season but GON and the squad have literally worked wonders so far. Lucky, lucky man. I'm not giving him any credit.
Two seasons running the manager has saved his skin.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two seasons running the manager has saved his skin.
Yep, people forget we wouldn't have even been in such an FFP mess if he hadn't blindly signed off on stupidly expensive Mendes signings like Guedes. We were lucky City wanted Nunes, otherwise we'd be on our way to a 10pt deduction! We were due some luck as a club, so no issue with that, but won't have people claiming Shi has done a good job post-Nuno, he really hasn't.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is suspicious how often this thread is at the top after a defeat though. It almost makes one think that some fans can only remember the most recent result, and base their entire world view on that.
Before Thursday, this thread hadn't been bumped since the 18th September, during which time Wolves have lost 5 games. So I don't think it's that at all. There was another significant happening that affected Wolves that same evening, which I would suggest is why Jeff is rightly getting pelters again.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 9 could affect them too. Sarabia is such a beautiful piece with them. He gives them more offensive freedom by dropping back defensively so frequently, but he also understands them. All three players shifted positions constantly, especially Sarabia and Cunha.

However, Cunha has played straight up the middle before and if he's going to start Bellegarde with them, Cunha should be in the middle.

In reality, if Sarabia wasn't ready for 90, I would have slotted Gomes in and went with a midfield 3 with just Neto and Cunha.

Fair points mate, with Sarabia I agree you can be more flexible….. I completely forgot about him when talking about JRB lol

Sarabia allows cunha and Neto to play far better than JRB when up top.

So I agree with you mate

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi in, just took a look at our top 20 most expensive signings and not a bad return for me, if future signing have a similar success rate we'll be well up.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Before Thursday, this thread hadn't been bumped since the 18th September, during which time Wolves have lost 5 games. So I don't think it's that at all. There was another significant happening that affected Wolves that same evening, which I would suggest is why Jeff is rightly getting pelters again.
Or maybe it was one or two negative people bumping it up, then the thread was overtaken by people arguing in Jeff's favour.

Outside of a few dissenting voices on here I haven't heard much anti Shi sentiment based on that transfer window in the real world. The whole window was very quiet, even Saudi have stopped buying. It's more of a resigned attitude than rage, if anything.

But those fans coming out of Stamford Bridge didn't seem to be too bothered about Jeff.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure Fosun and Shi are scratching their heads.
They have disinvested heavily in the squad, they got rid of an internationally recognised manager and his expensive entourage, and replaced him with a low cost punt on a rookie. .Mendes and Shi have taken a step back .
And we now have a popular, exciting team hitting new highs in entertainment and results ?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I bet Jeff was feeling on top of the world after that result. I can imagine him whistling his way onto the coach, shaking Gary's hand, high fiving the players. Sitting down, getting his phone out, loading up Molineux Mix and thinking, "Oh boy they're going to be happy tonight!"

First thread he sees at the top, 'JEFF SHI OUT'. "Oh FFS!" he says, putting his phone back into pocket.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't believe it's results related, but was borne out of frustration by some due to the lack of transfer activity in January.
Well that's my take on it, for what it's worth.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
I bet Jeff was feeling on top of the world after that result. I can imagine him whistling his way onto the coach, shaking Gary's hand, high fiving the players. Sitting down, getting his phone out, loading up Molineux Mix and thinking, "Oh boy they're going to be happy tonight!"

First thread he sees at the top, 'JEFF SHI OUT'. "Oh FFS!" he says, putting his phone back into pocket.
He's too busy playing Baldurs Gate

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now he's learnt to leave the footballing side to the footballing people.
I reckon he could squeeze another 5 years of premierleague revenue without having to ask for any money off Fosun.

Obviously we probably won't hold onto Gary O'Neil that long. But what an appointment from Hobbs/shi. I'm sure Beale was just a joke.
I don't see GON leaving for quite a while. In an ideal position to develop as a manager.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Then turns on his Nintendo switch and smashes a few levels of super Mario wonder on the journey home

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a fact maybe you’d like to debate it rather than making sly posts.
I owe you an apology.
Whilst I know how you view Jeff in a very negative manner, I could and should have phrased my post a bit nicer.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I owe you an apology.
Whilst I know how you view Jeff in a very negative manner, I could and should have phrased my post a bit nicer.
Thanks much appreciated. Whilst I do view Jeff negatively I dont view Fosun in the same way they’re pretty good owners.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure Fosun and Shi are scratching their heads.
They have disinvested heavily in the squad, they got rid of an internationally recognised manager and his expensive entourage, and replaced him with a low cost punt on a rookie. .Mendes and Shi have taken a step back .
And we now have a popular, exciting team hitting new highs in entertainment and results ?

All these have come in since 2022 and barring Neto, they include our best players. Where is the disinvestment?
Cunha 44million
Gomes 18 million
Traore 9 million
Sasa 15 million
Hwang 14 million
Lemina 8 million
Sarabia 3.5 million
Bellegarde 12 million
Bueno 9 million
Gonzalez 4 million

What they have achieved is exactly what they aimed to achieve....reduced reliance on an agent and more focus on the club, rather than building a collection of individuals with no loyalty, cultural understanding or even a desire to be here in the first place if we include Guedes and Nunes at the best part of 65 million quid, with only the Nunes money recouped so far.

We had a manager who wanted to spunk millions more on players that we could not afford under the rules. He left in a hissy fit because he thought we'd get relegated, even after the most expensive signings being ones bought under his tenure.
What Shi and Hobbs have done is stop the rot.
They don't need to be scratching their heads about that, it was the intention, even if it has played out better than anybody expected on the pitch.
I wouldn't call O'Neil a low cost option either, he's a Premier League manager on a commensurate wage and we don't pay these players above peanuts. We are just not spending beyond our means, so if you want to call Wolves a low-cost club, that's exactly what we need to be when our money is about 10 times smaller than the big 6 can generate.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All these have come in since 2022 and barring Neto, they include our best players. Where is the disinvestment?
Cunha 44million
Gomes 18 million
Traore 9 million
Sasa 15 million
Hwang 14 million
Lemina 8 million
Sarabia 3.5 million
Bellegarde 12 million
Bueno 9 million
Gonzalez 4 million

What they have achieved is exactly what they aimed to achieve....reduced reliance on an agent and more focus on the club, rather than building a collection of individuals with no loyalty, cultural understanding or even a desire to be here in the first place if we include Guedes and Nunes at the best part of 65 million quid, with only the Nunes money recouped so far.

We had a manager who wanted to spunk millions more on players that we could not afford under the rules. He left in a hissy fit because he thought we'd get relegated, even after the most expensive signings being ones bought under his tenure.
What Shi and Hobbs have done is stop the rot.
They don't need to be scratching their heads about that, it was the intention, even if it has played out better than anybody expected on the pitch.
I wouldn't call O'Neil a low cost option either, he's a Premier League manager on a commensurate wage and we don't pay these players above peanuts. We are just not spending beyond our means, so if you want to call Wolves a low-cost club, that's exactly what we need to be when our money is about 10 times smaller than the big 6 can generate.
Well said.

At times, I think some posters think Jeff got Hobbs, Gary and this great squad in a 6d lucky bag.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe it was one or two negative people bumping it up, then the thread was overtaken by people arguing in Jeff's favour.

Outside of a few dissenting voices on here I haven't heard much anti Shi sentiment based on that transfer window in the real world. The whole window was very quiet, even Saudi have stopped buying. It's more of a resigned attitude than rage, if anything. But those fans coming out of Stamford Bridge didn't seem to be too bothered about Jeff.
That's the impression you got? 'I'm not Jeff's biggest fan, but...', 'Only Guo will decide his fate', 'I don't see much point replacing him', 'We should give him until the next window'. A sliver of genuine defences among mostly criticism and backhanded compliments. Hardly a glowing extolment...

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
That's the impression you got? 'I'm not Jeff's biggest fan, but...', 'Only Guo will decide his fate', 'I don't see much point replacing him', 'We should give him until the next window'. A sliver of genuine defences among mostly criticism and backhanded compliments. Hardly a glowing extolment...
Show me five clubs where the face of the ownership gets 'glowing extolments'.

These are promising times for our club, but I have a feeling you want to sleep through it and wait for times to be tough again so you can relish in 'I told you so'.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It also ignores the fact that it's Guo that has the stake in Gestifute, not Jeff Shi. Nobody knows how Shi was being directed from above but it's pretty easy to see that when Guo turned up at the club, he was usually sitting next to Mendes and all his suntanned mates. Maybe it was Guo that suddenly had his eyes opened?
The bottom line is, it's none of our business. If it goes wrong we moan, if it goes right we're happy.
It's not our money, we influence nothing, and we don't know what's going on inside the heads of the people who are responsible and accountable....except for the pre-season Jeff Shi communication, following which he keeps his head down and lets people get on with their jobs.
This season's 'letter to the fans' has turned out to be prophetic and we have surpassed every target so far.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Show me five clubs where the face of the ownership gets 'glowing extolments'.
Why, certainly.

In any case, I am talking about our chairman Shi specifically, in whose case it may be a more pertinent ask to name five worse.

Back
Top Bottom