Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Impossible not to admire him. Class on and off the field. He seems to love it at Wolves.

He has also added numbers to his impressive all round play. Looks like every penny was well spent.

As for the thread title the answer is no and no.
And still the absolutely pathetic thread title persists.....

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been brilliant Cunha, arguably our most consistent performer. It was only Bournemouth away I can remember him having a poor game in.

May be knit picking and this may have more to do with the work he does compensating for at time the bodies/lack of options surrounding him, but I just wish he wasn't so shattered by the 60-70min mark. This something for us to work on?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MODS PLEASE CHANGE THIS TITLE.

Him and Lemina, for me, are the heartbeat of this team. Absolutely quality player whose personality seems to have helped galvanise the squad. Dare I say it, GON is the perfect manager for him right now, they seem to fit together so well.

I just ****in love him. If there is one player I would love to see score the winner next week it’s Cunha.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Nathan Fraser came on for Bellegarde, it sounded from the comms as though we went to a 4-2-3-1, with Neto, Sarabia and Cunha operating off a central forward.

From what I heard, it sounded as though this opened the game up quite a bit having previously gone a bit flat. Cunha in particular appeared to get into the game more in this setup.

A peek at GON's future vision perhaps?

For those who went, how did we look playing that way?

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
MODS PLEASE CHANGE THIS TITLE.

Him and Lemina, for me, are the heartbeat of this team. Absolutely quality player whose personality seems to have helped galvanise the squad. Dare I say it, GON is the perfect manager for him right now, they seem to fit together so well.

I just ****in love him. If there is one player I would love to see score the winner next week it’s Cunha.
Yes change the title it’s so disrespectful

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our most important player. I said it in the transfer thread but I think if I had to choose who I’d keep next summer between him and Neto, it would be Cunha. He’s the biggest reason why we look a real threat going forward now. Everything runs through him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if it wasnt for semedo fluffing the first shot, cunha would have had two assists and a goal last night

Excellent return in truth if he can score maybe a goal more every two his stats would be unbelievable

1705502695528.png

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes players have loads of technical ability, other times they are work horses and give everything to the cause. Cunha has both, loads of technical ability and he sweats blood for the shirt.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big concern is that we will get an offer for him in the summer that is too good to refuse. The same applies to Neto, Kilman Gomes and RAN.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a lot to do to live up to his fee and after an iffy start has more than found his feet.

Gives everything for the cause and is becoming more and more pivotal to how we play.

Absolutely love him, great character.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big concern is that we will get an offer for him in the summer that is too good to refuse. The same applies to Neto, Kilman Gomes and RAN.
You may be right but it’s depressing to think we might be losing some great players in the next 12 - 18 months.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may be right but it’s depressing to think we might be losing some great players in the next 12 - 18 months.

It is good to have a great team, but it takes more to replace a great team with another great team and that has what we have done.

Reaction score
I was probably in the minority at the time but I absolutely loved the look of him as soon as I saw him live for the first time away at Forest last January. He came on as a sub and was pivotal in us getting back into that game. I turned to my mate and said " we have a player on our hands here".
He didn't quite kick-on from that but we were always a better team with him in it last season than when he didn't play.

He's now well and truly settled here and is one of the 'leaders' of the team on the pitch.

He seems a great bloke off the pitch too and I hope we can keep hold of him for a few more years yet. He's our best player in my eyes.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must surely have at least doubled in financial value but his value to our chances of future 'success' in the Premier league and Cup competitions doesn't have a price.

He has that same effortless glide across the pitch that we only saw fleetingly from Nunes. His spatial awareness and weight of pass, his improving finishing, other's understanding of where and when to be making runs - it's all coming together and painting a picture of an absolute bargain for what they paid.

As for his personality and character, you couldn't ask for more from what I've seen from his interactions with the squad on match days and in the many Wolves media releases.

GON has got the best out of him, no doubt because he's also got the best out of those who play off him. Lopetegui was a different style with a quite a few different players. We play with much more movement, power and pace these days.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Perhaps a more appropriate thread title as he looks like he will be really big for us over the coming seasons.

Yeah hate the title of the other thread, cringe at the thought of him somehow reading it.

Love Cunha and his attitude, it must be infectious. Him and Lemina give you those Coady and Saiss vibes, loved by team mates and great for team spirit..

We've sorely missed that since Nuno left. The team is fighting for each other once again and last night proves it.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a beast.

More worried about him going than Neto.
Great player - we can see Neto going to Arsenal, Liverpool or City for £50-70m.

Where could Cunha go for similar price as a no. 10 or left sided forward? United? Back to Spain (but no-one could afford him)?

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great player - we can see Neto going to Arsenal, Liverpool or City for £50-70m.

Where could Cunha go for similar price as a no. 10 or left sided forward? United? Back to Spain (but no-one could afford him)?

Would be perfect for Liverpool in my eyes.

The ball he slipped in for Sarabia last night, the vision was unreal, if it was Salah on the end it's a goal.

Cunha would play the Firmino role, pressing creating, bringing others into play.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The ball he slipped in for Sarabia last night, the vision was unreal, if it was Salah on the end it's a goal.

Cunha would play the Firmino role, pressing creating, bringing others into play.
Nah he would be terrible anywhere but at Wolves, where he's great.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was thinking they had Jota and Diaz (plus Nunez, Gakpo and Salah) so was discounting them.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is just quality, everything about him. On the pitch, off the pitch. We’re really lucky to have him and if he continues as he is will go to the very top. Absolutely love him. The heart and soul of the team.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could tell how gassed he was after the penalty with his celebration.

Great player. Took huge strides under Gary. He really excels in this system where him and Sarabia basically free roam at the front of the pitch.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he’s now our most important player (certainly our most important attacking player). When he plays well, we play well. His ability to carry the ball past players creates so much space for other players and his work rate is top notch. Again personally over any single player in the squad he’d be the last id want to see either leave or get a long term injury

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he’s now our most important player (certainly our most important attacking player). When he plays well, we play well. His ability to carry the ball past players creates so much space for other players and his work rate is top notch. Again personally over any single player in the squad he’d be the last id want to see either leave or get a long term injury
Tend to agree with this.
I'm looking for his name first these days when the teamsheet is released.

Back
Top Bottom