Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale... NO....NO....NO....

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could easily see him being top of the shortlist again when Gary is gone...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know why we hate Beale so much? I am at a loss.
Because he spoke to the club, agreed a contract and ready to move to the next step of posing in the shirt to announce his arrival then did a press conference saying he wasn’t coming and that with where we were in the league and they were that we weren’t a step forward…..

So wasted our time then downplayed the opportunity and in a public way disrespected the club.

Regardless of the positive PR the media and he thinks that press conference and statements did, I know with good authority he damaged his reputation significantly with the powers that be.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look how many people on here were happy with the prospect of this bloke coming here!
This was right after our first approach to Lopetegui failed, so it's not like we weren't aiming higher. I said at the time of this poll that the Mix had lost the plot. It's especially jarring when compared to similar polls around GON's appointment being overwhelmingly negative, and that recently 95%+ of voters wanted him sacked. O'Neill has achieved way more than this clown.

Beale is another manager who undeservedly started his career at / near the top of the pyramid. His sole credentials seemed to be, "I'm Stevie G's number two". How he got a job as big as Glasgow Rangers after ~20 league games under his belt, I will never understand.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Rae taking training, and Kevin Muscat one of the favourites to take over.
Isn’t Muscat starting to become quite highly thought of as a manager?

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We will thankfully never know but I’m pretty sure if we’d appointed Beale we’d now be back in the championship and I dread to think what our financial situation would be.
If I was on the Rangers board, I’d definitely sound out JL. Regular Champions League qualifier may well appeal to him.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will thankfully never know but I’m pretty sure if we’d appointed Beale we’d now be back in the championship and I dread to think what our financial situation would be.
If I was on the Rangers board, I’d definitely sound out JL. Regular Champions League qualifier may well appeal to him.

I doubt whether Rangers could afford the cost of him and his entourage, even with CL football.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can this be yet another case of no.2s don't always make good no.1s? Like great players don't always make great managers.

I think Hobbs will be thinking he has got it right this time round with GON but time will tell.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Jefe …….you know this was a joke, right? You miss the emoji?
Do you have me mistaken for someone else, Vancouver? EDIT: Ah, my shocked emoji... well that was a bit tongue in cheek as well!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How he got a job as big as Glasgow Rangers after ~20 league games under his belt, I will never understand.

We took a Premier League manager that had only managed 37 games and lost 20 of them.
Both similar appointments trying to unearth the next big thing early in their careers.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Kevin Muscat and Glasgow Rangers is a marriage made somewhere, probably not heaven though. Feel like it's the kind of wedding where people say 'those two really deserve each other'.
Wish we got to see Muscat in the premier league with us. Was gutted when he left for Rangers

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We took a Premier League manager that had only managed 37 games and lost 20 of them.
Both similar appointments trying to unearth the next big thing early in their careers.
It's a bizarre, and rather ass-backwards approach that defies conventional wisdom. Managerial careers can last more than 25 years, so I don't understand the urge to go for a rookie in his late 30s / early 40s with virtually no experience in first-team management, when the consequences of relegation from the Premier League become more profound by the year. Let them marinate in the proverbial muck and nettles (as Mick would call it) of second tier management for a while first.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's a bizarre, and rather ass-backwards approach that defies conventional wisdom. Managerial careers can last more than 25 years, so I don't understand the urge to go for a rookie in his late 30s / early 40s with virtually no experience in first-team management, when the consequences of relegation from the Premier League become more profound by the year. Let them marinate in the proverbial muck and nettles (as Mick would call it) of second tier management for a while first.
Indeed, 'he's bound to make mistakes, he's still learning the job'. Well thanks - maybe let him learn the job elsewhere and then come to us!

I guess the only logic is that if he turns out to be the next Alex Ferguson then he'll be too good and we wouldn't get him. That's a pretty slim chance though (statistically rather than as a comment on O'Neil).

JJ59

Reaction score
It was as much his fault he didn't make it as anyone else's: his sending off vs Grimsby certainly marked the turning point in our '03 collapse, even if it wasn't the cause.
I always thought that he wanted to get a red, hetried earlier in the game then finally right under the refs nose.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the time, due to FFP, it didn't look like we were going to spend a penny until we sold Nunes, and Julen had flooded the media with 'woe is me' stories painting the club in a negative light. Which managers would have taken the job? GON may have been the best of a bad bunch, with the potential upside giving him an edge.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed, 'he's bound to make mistakes, he's still learning the job'. Well thanks - maybe let him learn the job elsewhere and then come to us!

I guess the only logic is that if he turns out to be the next Alex Ferguson then he'll be too good and we wouldn't get him. That's a pretty slim chance though (statistically rather than as a comment on O'Neil).
Agree with this. Of course we might unearth the next great manager but I heard Hobbs say “who better to lead a young and hungry squad than a young and hungry manager?” which makes some sense but also makes zero sense at the same time.

I’ve said before that I just wish GON had a very experienced backroom team with him to bounce ideas off and benefit from.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Agree with this. Of course we might unearth the next great manager but I heard Hobbs say “who better to lead a young and hungry squad than a young and hungry manager?” which makes some sense but also makes zero sense at the same time.

I’ve said before that I just wish GON had a very experienced backroom team with him to bounce ideas off and benefit from.
Yes, sounds good until you think about it and then you realise it's ridiculous. It's like putting someone who has just finished an apprenticeship in charge of the new apprentices. Still were having a relaxing week believing in him, long may it continue.

Reactions: Ned
Back
Top Bottom