Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lets discuss Fabio and his future .

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to be nasty, but he did say in his interview that he missed cuddles with his Mother. Maybe he is sublimating those cuddles with his team mates and opponents. It's obvious that he just needs to be loved.

Aussie_Wolf

Reaction score
We can't say Fabio hasn't tried every time he's played and has acted very professionally and sensible for a lad his age, but he's not good enough or isn't suited to the premier league and never will be. I think he'll have a good career playing at at a decent level though and I'll be happy whenever I see he's scored for another club but he is prone to ball chasing , good instinctive finisher but if he's had time to think he fluffs it big style, might be too weak and lacks acceleration .

Last edited:

Foiled

Groupie
Reaction score
We’ve yet to find a Wolves manager that rates Fabio.

Fraser brought on before Fabio last night, when we were chasing the game, speaks volumes.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fraser brought on before Fabio last night, when we were chasing the game, speaks volumes.

Which 18 year old is that then - Silva is 21?
18 .....21....it's irrelevant.
The lad who scored the first Ipswich goal last night, and was brilliant, is 19 and only played 8 professional games

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota was streets ahead of Fabio at every age. There's no comparison. Jota was running at Premier League level defenders and terrifying them at 20. Fabio terrifies no one! Opponents are probably praying he's on the team sheet every week, rather than Sasa.
Jota didn’t play in the premier league until he was 21

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Fabio & hope he realises his potential with us, but here's Jota running Leicester ragged in the Champions League having just turned 20 y/o a mere three days prior...

I was just being pedantic as he wasn’t 20 when he played in the premier league. Comparing him to Fabio is like comparing Margot Robbie to my fat knacker neighbour

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would generally rather have Jonson Clarke-Harris of Peterborough leading the line.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just being pedantic as he wasn’t 20 when he played in the premier league. Comparing him to Fabio is like comparing Margot Robbie to my fat knacker neighbour

An interesting analogy! For the complete analogy, does your neighbours husband know he could have got Margot Robbie for less than half the price? :D

Reactions: Ian

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Fabio & hope he realises his potential with us, but here's Jota running Leicester ragged in the Champions League having just turned 20 y/o a mere three days prior...

I watched that at the time. Was obviously really impressed with Jota. Later, when I heard we'd signed a "Jota" I couldn't believe it was Diogo, assumed it was that mediocre Jota who flopped at Villa for a while.

Wasn't till watching that Porto clip back again, I realised that Porto's manager was a certain Mr N. Espirito Santo, too.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Though in this case, it may be saying be about this manager. Though you are right, none of our managers appears to have rated him as highly as Jeff did. He did well at Anderlecht (Fabio, not Jeff), but even at PSV in the Dutch league, could see that the step up was more of a struggle and he was not an auto-pick.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to start having a bit of attitude rather than arranging dinner after the match with the opposition.

There is talent there but I don't think he believes it .

I think we need Arrogance Fabio. I don't know shoot from the half way line. Then look at the defenders and say I can score from anywhere you ****s .

Just something different

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to start having a bit of attitude rather than arranging dinner after the match with the opposition.

I think we need Arrogance Fabio. I don't know shoot from the half way line. Then look at the defenders and say I can score from anywhere you ****s .

Just something different
Maybe lose the ****gy from Scooby Doo haircut...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone else think he is in the GO bad books because he said in his interview with the express and star that he stayed because of JL and we know from all the interviews that GO blames JL for anything bad in his life, possibly even for him not getting an Optimus Prime toy at Xmas as a child………

so did that get GO’s back up? He seems to have a fragile ego and hates JL imensly from all the implied shade he keeps throwing out there, so could saying he stayed for his mortal enemy a major reason for the dropping?

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone else think he is in the GO bad books because he said in his interview with the express and star that he stayed because of JL and we know from all the interviews that GO blames JL for anything bad in his life, possibly even for him not getting an Optimus Prime toy at Xmas as a child………

so did that get GO’s back up? He seems to have a fragile ego and hates JL imensly from all the implied shade he keeps throwing out there, so could saying he stayed for his mortal enemy a major reason for the dropping?
No, he's just not very good

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it about Fabio's hairstyle that winds so many people up on the Mix? Too many ex-skinheads maybe.
it winds me up for some reason. seems to me he spends more time washing and grooming that head of his more than concentrating on scoring goals.

also, with hair like that, you better be scoring tons of goals. Kind of like in the days of black boots, anyone who wore white boots better be scoring tons of goals.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it winds me up for some reason. seems to me he spends more time washing and grooming that head of his more than concentrating on scoring goals.

also, with hair like that, you better be scoring tons of goals. Kind of like in the days of black boots, anyone who wore white boots better be scoring tons of goals.
Bet he wastes time showering and ****ing too. Needs to man up in order to impress the average Mixman!

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea of his skill level; he runs around quite a bit but has no steel or anger. Without that he will achieve little. Players in Division 7 of the Sunday League show more grit.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just something different
No no no no no ...you ve got it back to front.
He already has an attitude.
There is no talent there...but he thinks he's got talent .
He can't score from anywhere

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it about Fabio's hairstyle that winds so many people up on the Mix? Too many ex-skinheads maybe.
I don’t have an issue with his hair :)

The post I replied to hinted at dramatic changes for young Fabio - so a new barnet might ignite him.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will stand by him...

Until the bitter end.

Or I get bored, whichever comes first.

T

TheConcourse

Ipswich was one of the strangest performances I’ve ever seen from any professional. Never seen it before.

One moment a big hard CB absolutely nailed him, got the ball, but totally cleared everything.

The next minute the camera pans to Silva and he’s jogging over trying to get to first base with the lad who wiped him out.

What’s the deal with this kid?

Last edited by a moderator:

Norway Wolves

Reaction score

I think it's basically not a great look, especially when he goes out of his way to have hugs with oppisition players he should be trying to intimdate with aggression. It's hard to look and be seen as ruthless and aggressive, which he must be, when you look like that. It's about being taken seriously by other men.

Most people on here know exactly what I am refering to and why it is necessary, even though some probably won't like to read it.

He needs an image change which could start with a proper hairstyle.

mac tíre

Reaction score
Oi can't speak for everyone, but for me it oozes powderpuff. Likely way too much wind resistance and hence the lack of speed.

Appearances are important. If you give off soft vibes and want to be nice to your opponents, you lose the intimidation factor that's a core part of a striker's arsenal.

He can be as fluffy as he likes once the 100 mins are up. In the meantime, terrorise the opposition and even you own players. It all starts with appearance.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has challenged him to force his way back into contention. Tough love is what he needs, not a barber

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s got to the stage I discount him as a member of the squad. .

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's basically not a great look, especially when he goes out of his way to have hugs with oppisition players he should be trying to intimdate with aggression. It's hard to look and be seen as ruthless and aggressive, which he must be, when you look like that. It's about being taken seriously by other men.

Most people on here know exactly what I am refering to and why it is necessary, even though some probably won't like to read it.

"Taken seriously by other men" really? I rest my case, this is exactly the problem with the attitudes of too many men in football and society as a whole.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has challenged him to force his way back into contention. Tough love is what he needs, not a barber

But what is the incentive for him to " win his place back"? ....whatever happens we all know this will be Fabio's last season here, whether he scores no goals or 20 goals he'll be gone regardless, it will just be reflected in the transfer fee.
If GON is still here at Xmas ( that's a scary thought) Silva will either be loaned out or sold.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jesus there’s some nonsense on the mix but this is right up there with it. Did you ever see Messi in his early 20s with his flowing locks? Do you think he wasn’t taken seriously?? Or Ibrahimovic with his pony tail? How about that real man Mark Hateley??

As if a hair cut is going to transform him. The most ludicrous thing I’ve read in my entire life.

Back
Top Bottom