Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shameful what's gone on , they'll be taking us down If we don't get in 3 of 4 quality players before the window closes the squad is threadbare and that's before injury and suspensions hit.
I’m not one to say we’re 100% going down, especially this early, but its not only injuries and suspensions we’ll have to worry about…

We have horrible depth as it is, and come Mid-January, the likes of RAN, Boubacar & Lemina (if Gabon qualify) will be at AFCON, & Hwang will also be at the Asia Cup.

During this period we’ll have these games:

IMG_1864.jpeg

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is stupid. They are trying to pull a fast one because of our reported crap finances. Pay some proper money or jog on.

surreywolf

Reaction score
This is the problem with Fosun and Jeff shi - you can have all the strategy you want but in football something leftfield will come along like a top club targeting your best player and it ****s up your plans

Happens to clubs with good plans so we’re easy meat with fosun’s current masterplan of not being as bad as Luton sheff Utd and AN other with a paper thin squad

I cannot believe in what world they can believe there is not a high probability that we are going to massively struggle and their investment is going to end up being worth less than they paid for it

Cloud cuckoo land Jeff

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah okay! Just remember seeing him in a Portuguese shirt!
Look at the rugby, cricket, athletics and basketball. Just because you wear the shirt doesn’t mean you are born in that country.

We are only now in the last 5-10 years really seeing the birth of “passport” or “residency” player in footy after years of the grandparent loophole in footy.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not one to say we’re 100% going down, especially this early, but its not only injuries and suspensions we’ll have to worry about…

We have horrible depth as it is, and come Mid-January, the likes of RAN, Boubacar & Lemina (if Gabon qualify) will be at AFCON, & Hwang will also be at the Asia Cup.

During this period we’ll have these games:

View attachment 36697
Im sure the savvy businessmen running the clib would have spent hours coming up with a plan for this eventuallity

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If the deal went through for Nunes and we did get Doyle I would be looking to get Ivan Jaime in. Probably cost us around 10, throw Podence the other way for free if they want too.

We lose Nunes and we need another ball carrier in the team coming in, that’s what we will miss the most.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West ham lose Declan Rice which everybody said was massive....they get Alvarez , Ward Prowse and Kudus.....

Wolves lose Neves which was massive , and then Nunes and get Tommy Doyle ....

And people still question lopetugui.....
Exactly but you can't question the hierarchy at the club as in somes minds the club can do no wrong.

I presume these same people will slate bully now as he is questioning itin EandS. I suppose bully is moody and blah blah blah .

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly but you can't question the hierarchy at the club as in somes minds the club can do no wrong.

I presume these same people will slate bully now as he is questioning itin EandS. I suppose bully is moody and blah blah blah .
I was fully behind them still , even when Jimenez went because I thought we was building a transfer pot for lopetugui.....the minute he went....I went full swing the other way ....

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West ham lose Declan Rice which everybody said was massive....they get Alvarez , Ward Prowse and Kudus.....

We got Gomes in early knowing Neves was leaving and Nunes hasn’t left yet so we don’t know if there will be replacements and who they will be. I don’t think after last season anyone thought we’d be offered our money back for Nunes so we weren’t expecting him to leave so difficult to get replacement(s) in advance.

I’m by no means defending the actions we’ve taken this summer but if you’re going to be critical base it on facts.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got Gomes in early knowing Neves was leaving and Nunes hasn’t left yet so we don’t know if there will be replacements and who they will be. I don’t think after last season anyone thought we’d be offered our money back for Nunes so we weren’t expecting him to leave so difficult to get replacement(s) in advance.

I’m by no means defending the actions we’ve taken this summer but if you’re going to be critical base it on facts.
It's just stating the obvious.....as to why lopetugui legged it and why we will struggle...

As I say I was a previous happy clapper ..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m pretty sure Scott was identified as a future Nunes replacement, similar to Gones for Neves. Doyle seems to have been identified as a plan b for Scott, so it would make sense if he comes in if Nunes goes to City. Definitely not the same qualities, but in some respects (like passing and goal contributions) better, and in others (like carrying) worse, and clearly with much less top flight experience. Think we were also looking at Medina, but I assume he wouldn’t be available until January after their season ends.

Last edited:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Richards is saying that because Wolves have an interest in Doyle, then it’s likely he will be offered as an option but it’s up to Wolves to decide if they want that or just the fee alone.
I think it’s always likely to be an option just as Hoever was. There’s another example of people rewriting history and claiming he was foisted upon us when it was our choice.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Consensus looking at other threads is he's a premier league player but not City level. Should be a good signing

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is anyone questioning his reasoning though? I dont think anyone is, they are just questioning how he handled the situation.

Back
Top Bottom