Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think another CB is a must but when you look at the bench v United, if we bring in any players someone has to miss out completely. Who would you take out of this for each player brought in?
  • 2Doherty
  • 6Traoré
  • 11Hwang Hee-chan
  • 17Bueno
  • 18Kalajdzic
  • 24Gomes
  • 25Bentley
  • 29Fábio Silva
  • 32Hodge

Think this 18 are in all/most 20 man squads....

Sa
Bentley
Semedo
Doc
Ai-Nouri
Dawson
Kilman
Toti
Gomes
Traore
Lemina
Nunes
Sarabia
Neto
Hwang
Cunha
Silva
Kaljdzic

That leaves 2 spots up for grabs.

Bueno and Hodge currently occupying them.

Assuming Jonny and Podence move on, we don't really have anyone else to challenge them for those spots.

A more senior midfielder a senior centre back would maybe displace them? Do you need both Ait Nouri and Bueno in the squad? Especially with Toti and Doc on the bench, who can both fill in at left back.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina yes. I think he has been a tad overrated for us. Gomes, honestly I don't think there is that much in it right now, though I think he'll go on to have the more impressive career. And boubs I haven't seen enough of to understand why he is so highly rated by some.
Lemina so overrated that other Premier League clubs interested.
How long has it taken for us to get a midfield that can attack and defend, during the same game.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expect him to rock up at 'financial crisis club' Everton or 'FFP threatened' Nottingham Forest!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Bentley
Semedo
Doc
Ai-Nouri
Dawson
Kilman
Toti
Gomes
Traore
Lemina
Nunes
Sarabia
Neto
Hwang
Cunha
Silva
Kaljdzic

Assuming Jonny and Podence move on, we don't really have anyone else to challenge them for those spots.

A more senior midfielder a senior centre back would maybe displace them? Do you need both Ait Nouri and Bueno in the squad? Especially with Toti and Doc on the bench, who can both fill in at left back.
RAN often doesn’t last the 90 so yes I think you need Bueno. Especially if Toti is the only cb on the bench.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long has it taken for us to get a midfield that can attack and defend, during the same game.
All I said was that I think he is a little overrated and there were plenty of games where we didn't do one or both of those last season.
And as for your second point I took that as being more down to Nunes and Gomes. Lemina has been mostly sitting in fairly disciplined. He has done it well most games.
Liverpool have been supposedly interested for a decade now. Not convinced the interest is any more than interest.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Bentley
Semedo
Doc
Ai-Nouri
Dawson
Kilman
Toti
Gomes
Traore
Lemina
Nunes
Sarabia
Neto
Hwang
Cunha
Silva
Kaljdzic

lol RAN looks dead after 12 minutes and now we're going to remove the other LB from the roster?

If Doc plays LB in a 4, we might as well just give the other team some goals at the start of the game as well.

Bueno is going to start his fair share of games this year. IMO, he should be starting and RAN should be playing further up the pitch, and we should be looking for another guy who can play CB/LB.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under normal circumstances I would suggest that demanding £50m for Lemina from Liverpool would be an amazing 8 month piece of business. But, let’s face it, the money will go straight in to Fosun’s pockets and the FFP restrictions will have miraculously changed again as they “were worse than first thought”.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do we need to find 5/6m?

Think I read they’re looking for around £10m (12m eur) and we’ve offered a little over half that. Still think there is a deal to be done. Since they’ve replaced him with loanee, then a potential solution might be a loan for him, with an obligation next summer close to what they are seeking. He’s in the last year of his contract, so any deal would need to make his move automatically permanent next summer, with BMG not losing out on a fee, and us not getting gazumped if he shines. In saying that, a straight purchase this summer with a relatively low up front payment may be simpler.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under normal circumstances I would suggest that demanding £50m for Lemina from Liverpool would be an amazing 8 month piece of business. But, let’s face it, the money will go straight in to Fosun’s pockets and the FFP restrictions will have miraculously changed again as they “were worse than first thought”.

100%.

Also, let’s not forget why Liverpool are reportedly interested. It’s not necessarily easy or cheap to replace him even if the sale money were made available.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
lol RAN looks dead after 12 minutes and now we're going to remove the other LB from the roster?

If Doc plays LB in a 4, we might as well just give the other team some goals at the start of the game as well.

Bueno is going to start his fair share of games this year. IMO, he should be starting and RAN should be playing further up the pitch, and we should be looking for another guy who can play CB/LB.

To be fair to RAN, his fitness is getting much better than it was initially. But he still looks gassed later into 2nd halves.

Yeah, I'd want both Toti and Bueno on the bench personally. But if we do sign a new centre back, I don't think we need 4 of our 9 sub spots occupied by defenders. More likely Toti misses out on the squad if we sign a centre back deemed to be ahead of him (such as Elvedi).

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%.

Also, let’s not forget why Liverpool are reportedly interested. It’s not necessarily easy or cheap to replace him even if the sale money were made available.
Exactly. Under normal circumstances I would still rather keep him this late in the window but there would be a degree of understanding if we were to sell. Selling him this window, after the summer we have had, would be absolute madness - especially with Fosun in full recoup mode.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Kaspar is absolutely finished as a player unfortunately. His last season in the premier league he looked like shilton did in Italia 90
Agree...unfortunately.
Hopefully the Danish national team coach realises the same as he's blocking the way for some very good young Danish keepers.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to RAN, his fitness is getting much better than it was initially. But he still looks gassed later into 2nd halves.

Yeah, I'd want both Toti and Bueno on the bench personally. But if we do sign a new centre back, I don't think we need 4 of our 9 sub spots occupied by defenders. More likely Toti misses out on the squad if we sign a centre back deemed to be ahead of him (such as Elvedi).
He's always going to look gassed cause he challenges players and pushes forward non-stop because he's naturally more confident attacking. I don't even think it's fitness, it's that he's constantly getting deep offensively and then needing to get back defensively.

I could see Toti missing out on the bench somedays, but still being a part of the squad for sure if we sign 2 new players.

Ideally we will be starting Fabio, so Sarabia/Nunes/Neto can rotate in and out of those other 2 forward pushing spots.

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
Spoke to a mate of mine who supports Liverpool, reckons now they have that endo he doesn't think they'd go for Lemina

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And now we’ve got 4 of them.

And I throw you a Cunha in there aswell who is ****ing everywhere.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it he ignored your advice to keep his mouth shut and just get on coaching the team :cool:
Exactly. And all he'll have to show for that is his payoff and a job in Saudi. Hope he's learned his lesson

Back
Top Bottom