Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You keep going on about king. I’m not sure you understand the role of a third choice keeper or who would come in being content waiting for the two in front of them to be injured at the same time.
Can you name any other teams third keeper?
I do understand the role of King. I also saw how bloody awful he looked when he came on against Rennes. I normally wouldn't care if it wasn't for the number of Mixers who would blithely sell Sa without replacement - that frankly scares the hell out of me. Bentley isn't a PL starter and King certainly is nowhere near being PL back-up.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think another CB is a must but when you look at the bench v United, if we bring in any players someone has to miss out completely. Who would you take out of this for each player brought in?
  • 2Doherty
  • 6Traoré
  • 11Hwang Hee-chan
  • 17Bueno
  • 18Kalajdzic
  • 24Gomes
  • 25Bentley
  • 29Fábio Silva
  • 32Hodge

Toti and Hodge. Hodge would hugely benefit from a Championship loan and playing 25+ games.

Harsh on Toti perhaps but we're one CB injury away - or a Collins-like red card - from him having to start games, with no senior backup, so we're asking for a real problem there at the moment.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was some sort of fee salary pay off for Fab.

We need to get a result on the board, beat brighton and everton before the window and we look much rosier, im sure we can pick up some loans
I’d guess the problem we’re going to have getting loans in is they usually want a good chance of plenty of playing time. If our players stay fit that is going to be very hard to offer.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do understand the role of King. I also saw how bloody awful he looked when he came on against Rennes. I normally wouldn't care if it wasn't for the number of Mixers who would blithely sell Sa without replacement - that frankly scares the hell out of me. Bentley isn't a PL starter and King certainly is nowhere near being PL back-up.
I've seen giant redwoods fall to the ground faster than King...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree hodge is the one to potentially who can be moved on loan or miss out on the squad for a cb.

If silva starts sarabia is on the bench so plenty of options.

After that as we dont have lots of competitions, it would have to be let one go for one to come in ie upgrade the positons

Rugrats

Reaction score
He had an awful game and I'm surprised more hasn't been said. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold. I also think Bentley should start Saturday
Edit: if we sell Lemina or Nunes, then I will truly despair
It was but it sent Oh Robbie Robbie into meltdown lol. But yes sell now, I don’t think he can possibly have the confidence of his defenders (or most fans)

Whereas if the Schmeichel rumours are true that definitely won’t be a problem. One of the best commanders of the penalty area you’ll see. Just remains to be seen if he still operating at the same level I guess.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Lopetegui thought that Bentley was a PL starter. Lots of people calling for him to start tomorrow
I agree on not selling sa without a replacement. But king is third choice

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui thought that Bentley was a PL starter. Lots of people calling for him to start tomorrow
King is only there to allow development of the young keepers incase both get injured he would come in without need to buy another keeper.

Lope really rated bentley, it will be interesting to see cutlers opinion who is a great coach and if he feels bentley should get the nod

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your first sentence what is the evidence for that? Trying him out, as was done for other players in the dead days when we were already safe at the end of last season, does not imply that such a trial was successful.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To know our top scorer last year got six right?
You cant bring in another forward when now sasa and fabio are here

thats 50m in strikers.

Neither have had a full season starting, you cant carry 4 forwards in the squad (cunha include)

There isnt enough space with subs etc.

So if fabio goes yes forward main priority

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Re your first sentence what is the evidence for that? Trying him out, as was done for other players in the dead days when we were already safe at the end of last season, does not imply that such a trial was successful.
No need to try him out if he didn’t think he was ready for premier league

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding, right? Lemina is outstanding and was massively important in keeping us up. He is dominant in front of our defenders and on Monday was possibly man of the match. Nunes has tremendous potential if he can concentrate throughout and has the confidence to counter attack as he did Monday. We have possibly one of the best midfields in the league with the Pitbull too. If we sell it would take the heart out of the new team.
We have no money and could buy other younger players?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to try him out if he didn’t think he was ready for premier league
He tried out pretty much every member of the squad who hadn't been playing regularly. I actually think that it was part of the process of deciding who stayed/went.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think another CB is a must but when you look at the bench v United, if we bring in any players someone has to miss out completely. Who would you take out of this for each player brought in?
  • 2Doherty
  • 6Traoré
  • 11Hwang Hee-chan
  • 17Bueno
  • 18Kalajdzic
  • 24Gomes
  • 25Bentley
  • 29Fábio Silva
  • 32Hodge
If we get another CB I would replace Bueno on the basis that Toti can play there and it keeps the balance of the suns bench as is.

Just looking at that and comparing it to last season’s opener and even during Nuno’s reign that is a strong bench. Under Nuno we had very few subs that we or Nuno were confident in, particularly in the Prem. Same with Lage.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves always follow 1877 people on Twitter as 1877 was the year the club was formed.

Legend has it that when we unfollow someone to go down to 1876, it’s because a new player is coming in who we will then follow to get back up to that mythical figure…
Thank you

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this one needs to happen.

We all saw the amount of times kilman shot him daggers and had a pop at him on Monday.

I have always thought some of our defensive issues and people rushing out of position to pressure the ball carrier infront of the box is because they don’t trust Sa when that ball is played into the box for him to run and sweep for.

He is a total liability and people have glossed over on Monday when Dawson essentially heading one off the line when he rushed AGAIN and didn’t get close to the ball and it was lobbed back over him. In an almost identical moment to the goal, except that lob back across missed the person it was aiming for.

Most weeks he doesn’t collect the ball when he comes for it, he spilled the simple claim also on Monday in the first half and kilman got fouled on the rebound. His basics for a premier league keeper are shocking.
Sa is erratic there’s no doubt about that. He’ll probably cost us 9-12 points a season but he wins us that many as well. He is (for me) at his level, he’s an average premier league keeper at an average premier league club. To replace him with better (which would be the only reason to let him go) means probably spending two or three times what he’s worth which just isn’t happening

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
You say "other younger players" here, you say "experienced pros" earlier. The two aren't compatible. Both have their own issues.
We have to look at resale value?

If we have no money that is, time for us to be creative to improve. Stand still, we are facing a big season with no injuries will be very hard

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree hodge is the one to potentially who can be moved on loan or miss out on the squad for a cb.

If silva starts sarabia is on the bench so plenty of options.

After that as we dont have lots of competitions, it would have to be let one go for one to come in ie upgrade the positons
I think you’d still want Hodge on the bench as a 4th midfielder.
It would be one of the centre backs to miss out I’d guess.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa, for whatever the reason, is looking a real weak link.

fleck1

Reaction score
NOT LINKED. but Jonny Evans will be available on a free after his short term deal and preseason with Utd, had a few injury problems last couple of years but seems to have had a full preseason. Bags of experience and fans/coaches have nothing but positive things to say about him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NOT LINKED. but Jonny Evans will be available on a free after his short term deal and preseason with Utd, had a few injury problems last couple of years but seems to have had a full preseason. Bags of experience and fans/coaches have nothing but positive things to say about him.
Again astute and HG

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How old is he?
If he’d except a one year deal that might not be the worst idea.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would he want to be guaranteed to play football though? That'd be my question. If he wants to then we can't accommodate that in my opinion, if he's happy being a bit part player though, gerrimin

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brownhill coming in and Hodge being loaned out to a decent championship side would be a pretty savvy move I think? Add to that Elvedi and perhaps a forward on loan and I'd say that's a decent window for us provided that no-one who featured on Monday is sold (Sa perhaps excepted if a better replacement can be found)? Some pretty big if's there though?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brownhill coming in and Hodge being loaned out to a decent championship side would be a pretty savvy move I think? Add to that Elvedi and perhaps a forward on loan and I'd say that's a decent window for us provided that no-one who featured on Monday is sold (Sa perhaps excepted if a better replacement can be found)? Some pretty big if's there though?
If we can get in a young and hungry replacement for 6 to 10m if we can sell SA for similar money id be all for it

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What are his wage demands going to be? He was on £100,000 a week at Leicester.

Even if he drops that to something like £20,000 (which he won't), we aren't going to add over £1m to our wage bill for someone who will probably never play.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn't he recently sign a one-year contract with Man Utd, taking him to the end of the season?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might be a useful short-term addition but would wages be an issue?

I'm sure that some would say no solely because he played for "that lot".....

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be the worst idea but convincing him to join to be second choice RCB behind Craig Dawson, at his age, would be the stumbling block even before wages were discussed.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves always follow 1877 people on Twitter as 1877 was the year the club was formed.

Legend has it that when we unfollow someone to go down to 1876, it’s because a new player is coming in who we will then follow to get back up to that mythical figure…
Oh, I see. That's interesting.

Rugrats

Reaction score
You cant bring in another forward when now sasa and fabio are here

thats 50m in strikers.

Neither have had a full season starting, you cant carry 4 forwards in the squad (cunha include)

There isnt enough space with subs etc.

So if fabio goes yes forward main priority
Fair enough it’s been so long Sasa slipped off the radar!

Back
Top Bottom