Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an utter joke that we're in such a position of thinking just keep the squad we've got as being acceptable... yet that is exactly my and most of our mindsets now. I'll be relieved if we get to the end of the window with no further big sales. Fosun have certainly dumbed down expectations with their spectacularly shambolic running of the club over the last 3 or so years. If they sell any further players in the current first team squad, then one can only conclude they couldn't care less about going down. They've dumbed the expectations down that much that people will be over the moon if we somehow don't sell anyone else. Depressing
How though? You don't always need a bunch of new pieces. Technically Sasa and Silva are like new pieces. Our young players now have a season under their belt (Bueno, Gomes, etc).

We honestly don't need any additional pieces except a CB really. And a MFer if we loan out Hodge.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watch them regularly. Mostly online but you are stating the obvious how is a kid meant to be as good as a seasoned player like Cunha?? Farmer or Fraser are better finishers 100% because Cunha ay a striker he’s a ball carrying cam

Give the kids a chance
You need to watch them more in that case. Neither would shine in league one currently let alone in the premier league

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at club website, we have 20 outfield players, 19 of whom are, imo, PL standard and 1, Hodge, who is almost there. That is more than we had for.most of Nuno's time. I agree it is a little short, we need a CB, another mf and another forward I believe. We also have Chiquino and Mosquera in the wings. It has been a ****ty summer but looking at the line up and after watching on Monday, I don't see the situation as quite as dire as it felt before I reviewed the squad.

Just casting a little optimism.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at club website, we have 20 outfield players, 19 of whom are, imo, PL standard and 1, Hodge, who is almost there. That is more than we had for.most of Nuno's time. I agree it is a little short, we need a CB, another mf and another forward I believe. We also have Chiquino and Mosquera in the wings. It has been a ****ty summer but looking at the line up and after watching on Monday, I don't see the situation as quite as dire as it felt before I reviewed the squad.

Just casting a little optimism.
The size of the squad is plenty big enough.
Could do with swapping a fullback for a centre back but apart from that it’s ideally balanced.

There seems to be a modern trend for people to fret about squad depth more than the quality of the actual first 11.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
maybe Sa too if we can replace him
I think this one needs to happen.

We all saw the amount of times kilman shot him daggers and had a pop at him on Monday.

I have always thought some of our defensive issues and people rushing out of position to pressure the ball carrier infront of the box is because they don’t trust Sa when that ball is played into the box for him to run and sweep for.

He is a total liability and people have glossed over on Monday when Dawson essentially heading one off the line when he rushed AGAIN and didn’t get close to the ball and it was lobbed back over him. In an almost identical moment to the goal, except that lob back across missed the person it was aiming for.

Most weeks he doesn’t collect the ball when he comes for it, he spilled the simple claim also on Monday in the first half and kilman got fouled on the rebound. His basics for a premier league keeper are shocking.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just searched Josh Brownhill on Twitter (or “X” I guess now) and TeamTalk have linked him to Leicester, Boro, Everton, West Ham and Wolves over the last few days.

T

TheConcourse

View attachment 36545

Those are very good stats, 7.19 in a relegated team.
7.63 is beast mode.

Looks like Brownhill has entered his prime, you see a steady growth.

Smart signing, if it comes to fruition.
Is he defensive?

Got to be honest, I like Lemina, but if you can make £30m on him in 6 months it’s a no brainer. Just not convinced that JB is the answer, mainly because he appears to be unfashionable.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brownhill would be a decent signing if hes not a replacement for Lemina, Nunes or Gomes.
If it’s a signing that allows Hodge to go on loan then I’ll actually be very happy with it, personally. Our midfield will not last long if we keep playing with the same intensity as we did against Utd so Brownhill, whilst not exciting, will be a very nice fit.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

More indepth view on Brownhill for his last Prem season. Defensively solid, crap attacking wise, although these are probably skewed because of the relegation. Seemed to be a set piece taker aswell.

His Championship numbers last season were extremely good though

surreywolf

Reaction score
Doesn't take much of a non story to stir up some does it? There's no evidence Nunes or Lemina are going and Speculative pieces in the media mean nothing. No one believes similarly reliable stories of us making multi million pounds deals.

for some reason, we’re pretty sensitive I guess? Maybe it’s £90m in and zero outlay….

surreywolf

Reaction score
Lemina offers as much in leadership as he does in talent.

He is an integral part of the spine of this team. He can’t be sold.

Jonny, Podence, Guedes. That’s it.

Fosun must see this. A team flourishes when a number of players get along and gel (on and off the pitch). Lemina is fundamental to this group

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is the significance a lot of people refer to on here regarding Twitter on 1876 and 1877
Can you someone explain please
Thanks in advance

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What is the significance a lot of people refer to on here regarding Twitter on 1876 and 1877
Thanks in advance

Wolves always follow 1877 people on Twitter as 1877 was the year the club was formed.

Legend has it that when we unfollow someone to go down to 1876, it’s because a new player is coming in who we will then follow to get back up to that mythical figure…

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks in advance
I think it's the number of people the official Wolves site is following. The idea is that if we're signing anybody we are likely to follow them on twitter just before they sign, if I understand correctly.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he defensive?

Got to be honest, I like Lemina, but if you can make £30m on him in 6 months it’s a no brainer. Just not convinced that JB is the answer, mainly because he appears to be unfashionable.
i think he’s tremendous, but the position we are in would see a sale in these circumstances.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How though? You don't always need a bunch of new pieces. Technically Sasa and Silva are like new pieces. Our young players now have a season under their belt (Bueno, Gomes, etc).

We honestly don't need any additional pieces except a CB really. And a MFer if we loan out Hodge.
We need competition out wide. What Neto was doing, taking players on from wide positions, proper wing play, nobody else can do it really. We’ve bombed out podence and traore has left leaving us short there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need competition out wide. What Neto was doing, taking players on from wide positions, proper wing play, nobody else can do it really. We’ve bombed out podence and traore has left leaving us short there.

I agree but we could move RAN there and Hwang looked good when he came on. We could do with another attacking player though along with centre back.

Rugrats

Reaction score
I hear you. The problem is that what looked like a great position a fortnight from going into the season has been thrown away and about 90% of the "non stories" we have seen this summer about Wolves have come true in whole or part. That after yet another ticket price rise. Frankly lots of people do not trust the current senior management whatsoever.
On that basis every transfer that has ever happened started life as a ‘non story’

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this one needs to happen.

We all saw the amount of times kilman shot him daggers and had a pop at him on Monday.

I have always thought some of our defensive issues and people rushing out of position to pressure the ball carrier infront of the box is because they don’t trust Sa when that ball is played into the box for him to run and sweep for.

He is a total liability and people have glossed over on Monday when Dawson essentially heading one off the line when he rushed AGAIN and didn’t get close to the ball and it was lobbed back over him. In an almost identical moment to the goal, except that lob back across missed the person it was aiming for.

Most weeks he doesn’t collect the ball when he comes for it, he spilled the simple claim also on Monday in the first half and kilman got fouled on the rebound. His basics for a premier league keeper are shocking.
He had an awful game and I'm surprised more hasn't been said. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold. I also think Bentley should start Saturday
Edit: if we sell Lemina or Nunes, then I will truly despair

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
He had an awful game and I'm surprised more hasn't been said. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold. I also think Bentley should start Saturday
Sell them and bring in experienced pros

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that Sa looks rocky. The problem is that Bentley is undoubtedly worse. As for King....

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell them and bring in experienced pros
You've got to be kidding, right? Lemina is outstanding and was massively important in keeping us up. He is dominant in front of our defenders and on Monday was possibly man of the match. Nunes has tremendous potential if he can concentrate throughout and has the confidence to counter attack as he did Monday. We have possibly one of the best midfields in the league with the Pitbull too. If we sell it would take the heart out of the new team.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but we could move RAN there and Hwang looked good when he came on. We could do with another attacking player though along with centre back.
i’d love to see RAN in that wide right inverted winger role.
if we can source a decent keeper on loan that’s a guaranteed upgrade with a buy clause in it i’m all for it, if we can move Sa on.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think another CB is a must but when you look at the bench v United, if we bring in any players someone has to miss out completely. Who would you take out of this for each player brought in?
  • 2Doherty
  • 6Traoré
  • 11Hwang Hee-chan
  • 17Bueno
  • 18Kalajdzic
  • 24Gomes
  • 25Bentley
  • 29Fábio Silva
  • 32Hodge

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I agree that Sa looks rocky. The problem is that Bentley is undoubtedly worse. As for King....
You keep going on about king. I’m not sure you understand the role of a third choice keeper or who would come in being content waiting for the two in front of them to be injured at the same time.
Can you name any other teams third keeper?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did we get loan fees for Fab?
There was some sort of fee salary pay off for Fab.

We need to get a result on the board, beat brighton and everton before the window and we look much rosier, im sure we can pick up some loans

Back
Top Bottom