Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky linking Celtic with Podence now as well, but says they won't pay £12m, which isn't a surprise.

Have to say, that move would be hilarious. He'd be the best player in the league by a mile at home games, and start a fight in every away game as he rolls around from being booted non-stop.

Not put ourselves in a great position with him to be honest. One year left on his deal and frozen out means we aren't going to get what we want. £7-8m seems more realistic if it is Celtic, even if they do have the Jota money.
Wouldn't even be the best player on the team.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't generated THAT much when you consider we also spent 61 million this window. After two years of fairly big losses, one window with a nice positive spend will help in the future.
You sure it is £61m? £43m for cunha and about £7m for b.traore(I thought that was paid in jan) isn’t it? Unless I missed a player that was to be paid this summer.

But we have close to £105m in player sales I believe. Then a few more million in saved wages off the books.

Our financial issues are being grossly exaggerated based on the words of Jonny P and he asked far better financial brains than us on here lol.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sure it is £61m? £43m for cunha and about £7m for b.traore(I thought that was paid in jan) isn’t it? Unless I missed a player that was to be paid this summer.

But we have close to £105m in player sales I believe. Then a few more million in saved wages off the books.

Our financial issues are being grossly exaggerated based on the words of Jonny P and he asked far better financial brains than us on here lol.
I was going off Euros since that's what most sites I see are listed in. We've bought 61 million and sold 105 million.

If we change it to £, we've bought £52.4 million and sold £90.2 million.

We can only have £15M of losses over a three period, plus owners can invest/match whatever and our total losses can be £105M over 3 years. From what I've read, our losses are approx £40M and £80M the last two years. So we needed a profit this year to be compliant. At least that's how it seems.

Now no team has really got punished for breaking these rules yet, as far as I'm aware, but considering our luck with VAR, who wants to risk it? Not I. And definitely not for bench players.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going off Euros since that's what most sites I see are listed in. We've bought 61 million and sold 105 million.

We can only have £15M of losses over a three period, plus owners can invest/match whatever and our total losses can be £105M over 3 years. From what I've read, our losses are approx £40M and £80M the last two years. So we needed a profit this year to be compliant. At least that's how it seems.

Now no team has really got punished for breaking these rules yet, as far as I'm aware, but considering our luck with VAR, who wants to risk it? Not I. And definitely not for bench players.
Fair shout

D

Deleted member (smith)

I believe what you say is correct but there are unknowns. We don’t know the loss for the year ended May 31 2023 yet but 80 million May or may not be a good estimate . We don’t know how much the shareholders will contribute to make good losses but I suspect they have already put in the 105 million and said no more as that would breachFFP. And the profit or loss based on player trading depends on the amortization not the total purchases or sales. If the last two years are 120 million of losses and Fosun have put in 105 million, wolves must make an overall profit in the year to May 2024 of at least 15 million. That’s not on player trading but on the operations overall including what we had to pay Lage and Loppy and amortization on all our players. That may be a tough ask given the usual operations are at a loss. I can therefore understand the club being cautious and as a critical number is the results to May 2024 I am surprised there are so many visionaries who are sure there is no problem.As far as I can see nothing changes with a new owner but if possible action hangs over us I can see that would make a sale impossible.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

you also may have to factor in the structure of deals too, in terms of how much received / paid out and when.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are you including the supposed add ons for MGW & Boly from Forest as a result of them staying in EPL. Allegedly at least £8 million.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score

Pretty simple equation.

We need to ship Podence and Jonny (but realistically probably just Podence) to get Elevedi.

Podence digging in his heels to secure his next ideal move (wages, club size etc) will provide even more frustration for people that already want him gone.

Not sure who would take Jonny. Maybe a small church or childcare facility where they can use him for horsey rides.

If we can’t ship Podence, it’s Loans for cover, late in the window you’d suspect

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We clearly want the money he could bring in (£20m?)

Again, sorry for repeating myself but have been told he’s going.

I expect Wolves will say he wanted to go, we only want committed players etc.
And the “anonymous staff member” who will describe Fabio as; rude, abbraisive, unable
To work well with others outside of the football squad and a person who hides by his changing room cubicle if they lose…… a toxic person who doesn’t fit into the oasis that is the Fosun working environment and ways of working!

You can see it now lol

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the “anonymous staff member” who will describe Fabio as; rude, abbraisive, unable
To work well with others outside of the football squad and a person who hides by his changing room cubicle if they lose…… a toxic person who doesn’t fit into the oasis that is the Fosun working environment and ways of working!

You can see it now lol
Actually I can't see it. All the noise is the club want to keep him and if he's sold it will be because he or his agent push it, not some nefarious scheme of Fosuns.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can see it now lol
Yes I'm sure Madeley already has a draft for that Atletic exclusive..

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can see it now lol
Tbf does anyone with an ounce of emotional intelligence look at Nuno, Lage and Lopetegui and not think they have a prickly side to them?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually I can't see it. All the noise is the club want to keep him and if he's sold it will be because he or his agent push it, not some nefarious scheme of Fosuns.
Was a joke….. following on from the cookie cutter “sacked manager = nasty person” statement that has been rehashed 3 times in a row….

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf does anyone with an ounce of emotional intelligence look at Nuno, Lage and Lopetegui and not think they have a prickly side to them?
All elite sports people have a prickly side.

It is the fact that three straight times it is being leaked out “anonymously” and framed in a way that the departing manager was not a cultural fit and actually everyone is happy they are gone because they don’t fit the perfect, supportive and honest culture (hahahaha cannot type that without laughing) that fosun have created.

It is very emotionally manipulative to the fan base as some people swallow that rubbish whole.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All three have, along the way, been successful football managers. Being a blushing violet is not a job qualification for that.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All three have, along the way, been successful football managers. Being a blushing violet is not a job qualification for that.
Didn’t their chairman come out and slag him and Sa off for leaving olympiakos?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pretty simple equation.

We need to ship Podence and Jonny (but realistically probably just Podence) to get Elevedi.

Podence digging in his heels to secure his next ideal move (wages, club size etc) will provide even more frustration for people that already want him gone.

Not sure who would take Jonny. Maybe a small church or childcare facility where they can use him for horsey rides.

If we can’t ship Podence, it’s Loans for cover, late in the window you’d suspect
Podence would be happy with celtic i reckon as he get some european football, its more to do with his stupid wages

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t worry Jeff will agree to pay 75% of it
Whilst said in jest I can see the potential for paying a sliding scale on his wages, saying 50% year 1 and 25% year 2 and a sell on clause which gets it back. We get nothing for him next year and he appears to be not the greatest character. Particularly if it enables us to get a player in

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst said in jest I can see the potential for paying a sliding scale on his wages, saying 50% year 1 and 25% year 2 and a sell on clause which gets it back. We get nothing for him next year and he appears to be not the greatest character. Particularly if it enables us to get a player in
Surely that’s the same as accepting a lower fee and having a sell on clause?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe start looking at the free agents as going to take them a few weeks to get up top speed

Xeka (Rennes) Portuguese midfielder have a few injures but could be decent backup option.
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers) - knows where the net is, but unsure if he would pass the no D*** head policy
Axel Tuanzebe (Manchester United) Decent centre half ive always thought
Luis Chavez (Pachuca) been linked in the past with him

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe start looking at the free agents as going to take them a few weeks to get up top speed

Xeka (Rennes) Portuguese midfielder have a few injures but could be decent backup option.
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers) - knows where the net is, but unsure if he would pass the no D*** head policy
Axel Tuanzebe (Manchester United) Decent centre half ive always thought
Luis Chavez (Pachuca) been linked in the past with him
Agreed….heard there’s a great midfielder with many caps for a Southern European Country available on a free…not the tallest.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We don’t have to pay it. You just take what you think his market value is and deduct an amount equal to a portion of his remaining wages. For instance, covering 20k/week of his current wages is equivalent to knocking off 1m from his fee.

The problem is the remaining period of his new contract for which Wolves will not be effectively subsidising his wages.

Back
Top Bottom