Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We said exactly the same thing before raul and giles left. 11 million in the kitty.

We will sell podence and move on guedes and they still won't help us with transfers in.

Yep exactly. The whole thing is a heap of ****. It's not FFP, it's money in to help with Fosun's own financial situation. Not accepting anymore of Bull**** Jeff and Fosun's lies.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I doubt he will be able to veto anybody incoming or outgoing however ridiculous.
Really re incoming? Why would he accept Cresswell/Antonio/Doris if he’s not going to play them or pick for squad. Surely Hobbs would ask him before signing a player. I agree re outgoing he’ll have limited input and definitely not the final day.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would think we should be able to use the loan market or free agents. It concerns me that at present our 4th choice centre back has just turned 19 and hardly played any first team football at all.
Could be the making of him. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Otherwise, next year he'll be just turned 20 having played hardly any first team football, and the year after he'll be 21, and people will say, well, he's 21 and not featured for the first team, he can't be that good...

Not saying he should replace Dawson or Kilman, but if we're giving minutes to a defender at the end of a game, I'd personally rather see someone who's going to learn and benefit from it instead of a 32-year-old we've brought in for free or loan for back up. Same reasoning as preferring to see Fraser on the bench instead of, say, Che Adams.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Otherwise, next year he'll be just turned 20 having played hardly any first team football, and the year after he'll be 21, and people will say, well, he's 21 and not featured for the first team, he can't be that good...

Not saying he should replace Dawson or Kilman, but if we're giving minutes to a defender at the end of a game, I'd personally rather see someone who's going to learn and benefit from it instead of a 32-year-old we've brought in for free or loan for back up. Same reasoning as preferring to see Fraser on the bench instead of, say, Che Adams.
Agreed. Also he's massive

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would think we should be able to use the loan market or free agents. It concerns me that at present our 4th choice centre back has just turned 19 and hardly played any first team football at all.
i’m hopeful they aren’t that short sighted… lol

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Pond is deemed ready and good enough then fine but the big question is he?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Pond is deemed ready and good enough then fine but the big question is he?

Never know until you try. We're all well aware that those in charge of the coffers don't care either way, it wouldn't be a football decision to put him in, but sometimes good things come out of bad situations.

Reaction score
Yep exactly. The whole thing is a heap of ****. It's not FFP, it's money in to help with Fosun's own financial situation. Not accepting anymore of Bull**** Jeff and Fosun's lies.
You know Wolves is a limited company? Its not a piggy bank. They cant take money out unless its declared in the accounts so educate yourself before spouting rubbish.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui must rate pond to have involved him so much in pre season games. He saw something in him.
I only saw him twice, for the u23s, looked very good, certainly a prospect, but ready to step up now? Not so sure.

Anyway, we do have Toti, and my preference is keep what we have above everything else.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s ok to risk bringing on a 19 year old CB if the game is pretty safe with a few minutes to go. At a rough guess in 5 years in the PL if we’d brought him on when two goals ahead he’d have played less than 100 minutes! Different for City and Liverpool who have the luxury of regularly putting games to bed within the hour. A loan would make more sense, which is another reason why bringing in a CB is necessary.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score

I think that we need someone to compete with Dawson and push him. Dawson isn't getting any younger and he's not the fleetest of foot either, so I think it's important to have right-footed cover/competition. Pond is highly rated and I would like for him to get Cup games and some late minute experience here and there, if O'Neil thinks he's up for it. But, we need another experienced CB in the squad.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Pond....

You don't see many 19 and 20 year old Centre Halfs in top flight football.

John Stones was someone who started very young and was the stand out young English defender. Recognised as a massive talent early on.

Born May 1994

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2011–2013 Barnsley 24 (0)
2013–2016 Everton 77 (1)
2016– Manchester City 144 (7)

So he played 24 games in the Championship between the age of 17-19.

But he's a top top player and he's had some ups and downs especially early on.

He's an exception not the rule. It's a big ask

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pond is nowhere near ready and it's irresponsible and unfair on him to have him as fourth choice. By all means give him 45 minutes in the League Cup but to go into the season an injury and a suspension away from him starting in the Premier League is exactly what Lopetegui was moaning about

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only saw him twice, for the u23s, looked very good, certainly a prospect, but ready to step up now? Not so sure.

Anyway, we do have Toti, and my preference is keep what we have above everything else.
Pond is good but in reality it would of made sense to of kept Sanderson. As ready made cover!

Pond will prove himself good enough. I think given a chance he will surprise many on here who say he isn’t ready.

Same for Fraser he is another big lad who knows where the net is.

He would of scored past United 100%, some of the chances Cunha had and we paid 50m wowzers

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pond is good but in reality it would of made sense to of kept Sanderson. As ready made cover!

Pond will prove himself good enough. I think given a chance he will surprise many on here who say he isn’t ready.

He would of scored past United 100%, some of the chances Cunha had and we paid 50m wowzers
I’d take Pond over Sanderson every single day.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know Wolves is a limited company? Its not a piggy bank. They cant take money out unless its declared in the accounts so educate yourself before spouting rubbish.

With respect your comment is naive. Yes all the money flows into and out of the club will be in the accounts, but the accounts for this summer won’t be published until 2025 and Fosun may not even own Wolves by then.

Fosun own the majority of Wolves, with a small minority owned by Peak9. They underwrite the club’s borrowing and provide the club with the financial parameters it can operate in. If they allow Wolves to borrow over 100m to fund transfers in last summer and in January, then they can equally require Wolves to repay that borrowing this summer. That’s exactly what they’ve done and why we have not spent a penny on fees beyond what’s already being committed by contract before the summer. The effect of this is to take money out of the club this summer, just as it was to inject money into the club last summer and in January. When you net the spending over last summer, January and this summer, the club’s net spend has been self financed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The trouble with playing young players, particularly, God forbid, in a struggling team, is the danger of destroying their confidence if things go badly.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pond hasnt been given a squad number yet. I get the impression that he isnt seen as ready yet. A big prospect but would be a big risk if he had to come in from nowhere in the Premier League. If he has to though then we will have to hope he is ok.

I agree Jos. I think he’s there purely as contingency should we not be able to sign Elvedi. Like others he would benefit from a loan in a decent Champ club. Hopefully we are able to sign Elvedi and let him go out for a season long loan.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Pond....

You don't see many 19 and 20 year old Centre Halfs in top flight football.

John Stones was someone who started very young and was the stand out young English defender. Recognised as a massive talent early on.

Born May 1994

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2011–2013 Barnsley 24 (0)
2013–2016 Everton 77 (1)
2016– Manchester City 144 (7)

So he played 24 games in the Championship between the age of 17-19.

But he's a top top player and he's had some ups and downs especially early on.

He's an exception not the rule. It's a big ask

Didnt Joleon Lescott debut for us at 17 or am I imagining it?
Shows how good he was

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep exactly. The whole thing is a heap of ****. It's not FFP, it's money in to help with Fosun's own financial situation. Not accepting anymore of Bull**** Jeff and Fosun's lies
And to add Wolves represent less than 1% of the group’s global turnover - I understand the frustration, I really do, but making spurious allegations does no one any favours.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With respect your comment is naive. Yes all the money flows into and out of the club will be in the accounts, but the accounts for this summer won’t be published until 2025 and Fosun may not even own Wolves by then.

Fosun own the majority of Wolves, with a small minority owned by Peak9. They underwrite the club’s borrowing and provide the club with the financial parameters it can operate in. If they allow Wolves to borrow over 100m to fund transfers in last summer and in January, then they can equally require Wolves to repay that borrowing this summer. That’s exactly what they’ve done and why we have not spent a penny on fees beyond what’s already being committed by contract before the summer. The effect of this is to take money out of the club this summer, just as it was to inject money into the club last summer and in January. When you net the spending over last summer, January and this summer, the club’s net spend has been self financed.
Got any evidence for that?

Back
Top Bottom