Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Friendly in Dublin

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dawsons touch is shocking - puts them through, good by Sa, cleared off the line by Kilman

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just sat over here wondering why Bueno gets a free pass for also contributing nothing every week.
I thought last season that people were overhyping him tbh. He’s a bit headless chicken when defending and his crossing is very hit and miss.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched 5 mins , that was enough.
Half way in the Celtic half with Bueno ...Neto in front of him...he turns and goes back to kilman ,,,who turns and goes back to Sa...70 yards backwards.. pathetic.
We ve gone from a great midfield of Neves and Mouthinio,to Hodge and Lamina .
Not good

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon our defenders might wake up in time for the second half

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back 4 very suspect, especially Dawson and Semedo. Nunes looks way above everyone else and Sarabia's set pieces have been good. Cunha isn't a 9

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully we’ll bring silva on for either hodge or Sarabia - we desperately need someone who wants to be in scoring positions.

Really worried about our defence, they’re getting behind us so easily.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to poor finishing by Celtic there's only 1 in it. Celtic really should be about 4 clear.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Selling Cunha for 15m will mean we take a big negative hit on our FFP books. Selling Fabio for around 15m, is around breakeven on FFP basis
Yes I know, but my comment was based on footballing ability. £50M wasted on Cunha - sadly £49,999,999 too much.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we finally registered a shot on target took us over 40 mins

4BEA9DF6-4812-45F2-A11E-727429578E6A.jpeg

Rugrats

Reaction score
The great thing about these match day threads, in my experience, the game is completely different from the how the threads makes it out to be.
How so here? Thread is a bit depressing for a reason and Wolves don’t look like scoring, again, this year!! Utd will slaughter this side!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could/should have been 3-4 down at half-time (4-1?).

Difference is the movement in attack (and closeness of attackers) by Celtic and the number in defence to block out our opps.

We look exposed defensively and weak with both FBs plus limited midfield cover. Going forward I wonder if our front 4 as a whole are too much of a luxury. Each has great quality but we need consistency and them closer to each other.

Reaction score
No offence, but do you really believe that lol
Yes i do its a pre season friendly and some of our build up play has been decent, clearly a lot of people have an agenda with the club at the minute which is fair enough, but ill call us ****e when we are and ill give us credit when we deserve it.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dilemma for Lopetegui here.
Try to implement the style he wants or adapt to the players available.
He wants to play a high line but we've Dawson. He wants his fullbacks to provide with and attacking options but Semedo can't cross and none of them are very good.
He wants to control possession but we play way too slow.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Really good work out for us. Bueno really worries me, looks a mile off.

Nunez, miss apart really classy. As usual, looks like we play without a striker.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Awful first 20 but got better as the game went on.

Defensively, we look a shambles. Which coming off the back of those thrashings at the end of last season is a massive worry.

Nunes and Neto have been good.

Bueno, Dawson, Lemina and Hodge have struggled.

Would like to see RAN on for Bueno. Fabio for Hodge.

Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, RAN
Sarabia, Nunes, Lemina, Neto
Cunha
Fabio

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Observations so far….

1. Defence a shambles.
2. Hodge not up to it yet.
3. Dawson looking WAY off it!…worryingly.
4. Lemina very casual and lacklustre.
5. Cunha headless chicken as a 9…he promises so much when on the ball but he’s not a centre forward!
A few positives though….Nunes, Neto and especially Sarabia looking up for it…especially liking Sarabia in the hole…think he could score a few for us the season playing there. Get a centre forward on the pitch and Pitbull for Hodge and watch us boss this second half!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't like Bueno at LB, don't think he's ready to be a starting PL full back. Don't understand why Hodge is in over Gomes/Traore. Cunha has to be played with a striker.

The defence looks really poor, not sure how much of that is just down to the high line but they've scored, hit the post twice and had one cleared off the line!

Think we've looked threatening a couple of times around the area, but same old story of going to **** as soon as we get into the box.

RAN, Gomes and Fabio on for Bueno, Hodge and Sarabia would be my shout for the second half.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Very good high tempo game, great workout
Wolves fans doing well getting behind the team
Neto good
Nunes best running/bossing the middle of the pitch
Cunha not a striker will not score many goals
Need a target man on the pitch
We are making Celtic look good.
But they are another Champions League team.

Back
Top Bottom