Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Friendly in Dublin

R

reanswolf

Now that the dust has settled after yesterday would just like to say big thank you to all those who supported the event in the Camden yesterday. With 2 weeks notice its was a hectic fortnight trying to get everything sorted and ready.

We hadn't a clue how many would turn up but was heartening to see guys pacing the footpath outside before we opened. Was bowled over by the turnout. I'm sure I chatted to plenty of ye during the morning.
Fair play for your efforts. Lovely to see so many Wolves fans from Ireland

R

reanswolf

Were you there Reans?
No mate wish I had gone but my lad went to Portugal to watch Wolves so was skint.

Hotel availability in Dublin also put us off. I understand why though , was due to the game the following day.

Like many Wolverhampton folk, I have some Irish ancestry and would love to have gone. I saw quite a few Irish interviewed after the game. Just think it is wonderful to have an increasing band of supporters from the Emerald Isle.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just think it is wonderful to have an increasing band of supporters from the Emerald Isle.

Hear Hear :D

We have an increasingly large supporters club in Ireland, running to a few hundred members!!!

We meet quarterly in the four provinces of Ireland, Ulster, Leinster, Munster and Connaught!

Some will be seen at EVERY Wolves match, home and away.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

We have an increasingly large supporters club in Ireland, running to a few hundred members!!!

We meet quarterly in the four provinces of Ireland, Ulster, Leinster, Munster and Connaught!

Tried hard with my family, but they're not biting. Tried working on their kids too but too many glory hunters I'm afraid. Failing miserably.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No mate wish I had gone but my lad went to Portugal to watch Wolves so was skint.

Hotel availability in Dublin also put us off. I understand why though , was due to the game the following day.

Like many Wolverhampton folk, I have some Irish ancestry and would love to have gone. I saw quite a few Irish interviewed after the game. Just think it is wonderful to have an increasing band of supporters from the Emerald Isle.
That makes sense (re the cost of accommodation) . The taxi driver on Friday did mention the Dubs v Kerry game at Croke Park, but the penny didn't drop.
I stayed at Trinity College, which was ridiculously expensive (for student accommodation), but now I know why.
Having said that, I do fully recommend Trinity as the grounds are incredible, plus the Irish breakfast in the Buttery comes in at a modest 8 Euro.
Better stop this or the Mods will be pointing me to the "Trip Advisor" thread. :)

Reaction score

I remember back in 1998, I was watching us beat Portsmouth on a large screen in the Towers, Ballymun. Everyone wanted to know about this young Irish kid we had, Robbie Keane. The interest was mad. Like to think if we had kept hold of him not only would we have got to the Premier League sooner, but the Irish fan base would have grown as a result.

Last edited:

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hotel availability and cost in Dublin has gone crazy I recent years.

As WWM said, there's a huge number in Ireland now. A lot of guys who would have family in Wolverhampton, or have moved here from Wolverhampton for various reasons. As an example, A guy contacted me a couple of weeks ago. Lives and works in Dundalk but from Wolverhampton and his 2 sons were coming over for the game. Met him on Saturday.

What gives me great heart is to see so many kids who are Wolves fans. Not through a parent either but just support Wolves. One lad is 6 and his dad grew up as a Liverpool supporter and now brings the lad to 5 or 6 games a season both dressed up in the Wolves kit.

Great hopes for then supporters club in the future.

Reaction score
Quick question to satisfy my curiosity, where do you guys go when you come over for the game? Natural to assume you'd head for The Emerald or McGee's, but to you prefer English pubs when you're here?

R

reanswolf

Hotel availability and cost in Dublin has gone crazy I recent years.

As WWM said, there's a huge number in Ireland now. A lot of guys who would have family in Wolverhampton, or have moved here from Wolverhampton for various reasons. As an example, A guy contacted me a couple of weeks ago. Lives and works in Dundalk but from Wolverhampton and his 2 sons were coming over for the game. Met him on Saturday.

What gives me great heart is to see so many kids who are Wolves fans. Not through a parent either but just support Wolves. One lad is 6 and his dad grew up as a Liverpool supporter and now brings the lad to 5 or 6 games a season both dressed up in the Wolves kit.

Great hopes for then supporters club in the future.
Lovely to hear

Back
Top Bottom