Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Friendly in Dublin

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, there's a reason our defensive unit largely looked more solid with Toti in it last season at LB.
I still think we would be better playing 3-5-2 with the squad we have.
Sa
Semedo/ Doc. Dawson Kilman Toti Bueno/ RAN
Lemina Nunes Gomes
Cunha/ Sarabia/ Neto and Silva/Sasa.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes i do its a pre season friendly and some of our build up play has been decent, clearly a lot of people have an agenda with the club at the minute which is fair enough, but ill call us ****e when we are and ill give us credit when we deserve it.
Completely agree. It's been an entertaining game and this is what you want in these games. It's a great chance to test things out and to expose your weaknesses so you have time to put them right in training. We won't play like this at Old Trafford, I'm pretty sure of that.

T

TheConcourse

Is that the same guy we trialled for two years after his injury and sadly showed very little?
The guy who was feeding off scraps? You can say the same for Cunha, Silva, Costa - anyone..

Not sure we’ve had a striker who we’ve really created for in the last 3 years tbh.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Just need a striker

Respectfully disagree. Think we’re still massively short in terms of quality.

Need a centre-back with pace, better full-backs (particularly if RAN isn’t fancied), a wide forward with end product and a striker.

If I was greedy, I’d also like a better keeper and a centre-midfielder to play alongside Nunes.

Ultimately, the only players I’m 100% confident with this season are:

?????
?????, ?????, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, ?????
?????, Cunha, Neto
?????

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need a target man on the pitch. We are trying to walk it into the net and we are nowhere near good enough to do that.

The whole point of friendlies is to implement the system you have decided to play, isn’t it? We seem to be using them to decide which system to play. If this is the preferred system, I am worried because it’s a rinse, repeat of what has constantly failed us for 3 seasons, regarding goals scored.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
We need a target man on the pitch. We are trying to walk it into the net and we are nowhere near good enough to do that.

The whole point of friendlies is to implement the system you have decided to play, isn’t it? We seem to be using them to decide which system to play. If this is the preferred system, I am worried because it’s a rinse, repeat of what has constantly failed us for 3 seasons, regarding goals scored.
Spot on.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it had been 5-1 at half time I don't think anyone would have been surprised.

We have been slow to start, and slow at thinking. Dawson has been poor, and Lemina has been off the pace a bit.

Surprisingly (now I don't what you all passing out what I am about to say), but Semedo has actually been quite good . (FFS that was hard to type)

I actually think JLo has got them playing better football. The movements and passing is good and we have some quality at times with Nunes, Sarabia, and Neto - even Cunha has handled the ball well, he just doesn't looks like he is an out and out striker.

We don't look like a relegation side in the level of control and passing we have, but unless we are going to get ten 1-0 wins we are in trouble. Someone has to start looking like a striker, either holding up play to get Neto, Nunes, or Cunha playing off them.

I have said it before but getting and keeping Sasa fit could be huge. He could be the difference between relegation and a midtable finish - I know that is huge pressure on the lad, and maybe its just wishful thinking - but what we are doing now is not working and is unlikely to work in the prem.

We didn't score enough goals last season - how the hell are we replacing Neves 5 goals and Podance's 5 goals?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can we not try Fabio up front? some good crosses, no one there

We have no aerial presence anyway. Would like to see Fabio on as he is a composed finisher, possibly our best. However, thats with ball at feet. He's not good in the air, either. It's a real shame given that Nunes and Neto are beating players out wide, but there's no point crossing.

We need Sasa or A.N.Signing.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought concentration was poor in 1st half, we were not switched on & absent minded.

Reaction score
Completely agree. It's been an entertaining game and this is what you want in these games. It's a great chance to test things out and to expose your weaknesses so you have time to put them right in training. We won't play like this at Old Trafford, I'm pretty sure of that.
Exactly. Sure the scottish league starts before the prem too so theyre probably more ready to go than us. Were looking better as the game goes on

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it had been 5-1 at half time I don't think anyone would have been surprised.

We have been slow to start, and slow at thinking. Dawson has been poor, and Lemina has been off the pace a bit.

Surprisingly (now I don't what you all passing out what I am about to say), but Semedo has actually been quite good . (FFS that was hard to type)

I actually think JLo has got them playing better football. The movements and passing is good and we have some quality at times with Nunes, Sarabia, and Neto - even Cunha has handled the ball well, he just doesn't looks like he is an out and out striker.

We don't look like a relegation side in the level of control and passing we have, but unless we are going to get ten 1-0 wins we are in trouble. Someone has to start looking like a striker, either holding up play to get Neto, Nunes, or Cunha playing off them.

I have said it before but getting and keeping Sasa fit could be huge. He could be the difference between relegation and a midtable finish - I know that is huge pressure on the lad, and maybe its just wishful thinking - but what we are doing now is not working and is unlikely to work in the prem.

We didn't score enough goals last season - how the hell are we replacing Neves 5 goals and Podance's 5 goals?
Great post.
But no way are we going to rely on Sasa .
As risky as giving a 2 year old a Dresden ornament to play with .

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough against Celtic a championship team we’re in trouble
Whilst the overall criticism of the SPL as “Championship standard” is fair, Celtic and Rangers would probably do ok in the PL.
I think it’s a shame that we don’t have some sort of “British Cup” (instead of the respective League Cups) to test this out regularly!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another of our huge problems. Our winger, Neto, has the ball on the wing, but our centre forward Cunha, who is stood right next to him, takes the ball off of him and crosses it to… make it make sense.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. Think we’re still massively short in terms of quality.

Need a centre-back with pace, better full-backs (particularly if RAN isn’t fancied), a wide forward with end product and a striker.

If I was greedy, I’d also like a better keeper and a centre-midfielder to play alongside Nunes.

Ultimately, the only players I’m 100% confident with this season are:

?????
?????, ?????, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, ?????
?????, Cunha, Neto
?????
Agreed, how anyone can watch us regularly for the past 2-3 years and insist that this squad is fine & doesn’t need a major rebuild is beyond me.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst the overall criticism of the SPL as “Championship standard” is fair, Celtic and Rangers would probably do ok in the PL.
I think it’s a shame that we don’t have some sort of “British Cup” (instead of the respective League Cups) to test this out regularly!

Celtic would be top 8, for sure.

And Nunes has just tried his regular attempt to gift opponents a goal. Lets hope thats it for this match. TBF How much is him, or how much is our all round static dozeyness off the ball, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom