Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Friendly in Dublin

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I assume Celtic has same restrictions, but don’t know that for a fact. Why Wolves can’t discuss with Celtic/Porto and agree a mutual position is beyond me.
Lazy, poor management
Celtic have worldwide.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bar probably two players you could make a case in starting (gomes/silva) for, what else is wrong with it?
Well we know what’s coming.
Everyone knows what’s coming.
No experimentation.
So taking your point, why not Silva and Gomes.
Why not change something!!!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a gud en mate,I’m off to a northern soul do,so I’ll probably have a little dance.I would have gone but family are away In Liverpool for my nieces Hen do.35 of em in fancy dress tonight and at least 5 of em are in their late 70s.They know how to party and all wolves fans.I have to look after me dog.lol
Bloody hell mate, hens? Or boilers? :cool:

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe stating the obvious but Podence not in squad ( I know he didn’t go to Portugal). So must mean he is going very shortly. I am not a massive Podence fan, but he is always capable of a goal so hope we don’t regret the goals loss if he does indeed go.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we know what’s coming.
Everyone knows what’s coming.
No experimentation.
So taking your point, why not Silva and Gomes.
Why not change something!!!

Rather the base of the team being settled now rather then ****ing around up until the last day.

I'm sure a few tweaks here and there can be made...

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised Gomes & Fabio not starting.

Don't know why he persists with Cunha as a 9

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, and were crap.
One shot all game
If we play that team every week we are doomed
Doesn't matter what XI is picked, we're never going to create many chances against good opposition with the players we've got. Sorry but that's the truth.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't it the XI that literally beat Porto a few days ago? :tearsofjoy:
Yes.

Having said that, I think he's missing an opportunity to at least get Cunha more support centrally (Silva), and even though Hodge IMV (and Lopetegui's, obviously) played well I'd be surprised and disappointed if he starts in the PL ahead of Pitbull. We saw how well Gomes and Lemina played together last season.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe stating the obvious but Podence not in squad ( I know he didn’t go to Portugal). So must mean he is going very shortly. I am not a massive Podence fan, but he is always capable of a goal so hope we don’t regret the goals loss if he does indeed go.
Doesn't work hard enough off the ball for how Lop wants us to play, so he won't be missed.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

Having said that, I think he's missing an opportunity to at least get Cunha more support centrally (Silva), and even though Hodge IMV (and Lopetegui's, obviously) played well I'd be surprised and disappointed if he starts in the PL ahead of Pitbull. We saw how well Gomes and Lemina played together last season.
We will see, it's still July and Gomes might have a knock/not be fully fit yet. As always, the last friendly at home (plus Vs Luton on Wed) will tell us a lot.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Block 501, row J, seat 1 if anyone wants to say oi!!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what XI is picked, we're never going to create many chances against good opposition with the players we've got. Sorry but that's the truth.
Fair enough, won’t argue with that, but pre season is the time to experiment

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don’t get that one! He must be the only one in the club who sees him ahead of Pitbull…
Maybe it is not that Hodge is ahead of Gomes, but more that JL is using pre-season games to develop Hodge further?
Fabio has only just joined the squad so maybe not yet fully up to speed (bearing in mind he has not played for JL before where as Neto, as a comparison as another late re-joiner, has).
The final pre-season friendly is virtually always the only one that represents the probably first team for the first match of the season.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why , who would you play ?
If fit, today I’d play Gomes, Hwang and Silva
But perhaps he’s trying to send a more subtle message than usual to Jeff.
This is the best eleven I have, what are you going to do about it

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thought Hodge played really well midweek.

Would have liked to see Fabio given a start but imagine he’ll get the last 30.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are we ever going to know if Silva is any good if he doesn't start? Same for Sasa but hopefully be on 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom