Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A you name better owners of Wolves than fosun since the 60s?
I am saying they have made a number of bad decisions over the structure and people over the last two/three years.

they got a lot right in the championship winning season, but most decisions since then behind the scenes have been the wrong ones.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
The thing is Raul will always now divide opinion.
JL came in and asked him not to go to the world cup, Raul chose to go injured against his wishes.
As much as I admire Raul,JL is now the boss and what he wants should go.
Time for Raul to keep his mouth shut and move on.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at his body language and reactions to things on the pitch since his return when things don’t go well or right. He is way more petulant and also quicker to be frustrated.

I would hazard a bet, that there has been a change in him post the trauma.
Maybe. Or perhaps he's just frustrated at not being as potent as he was?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sir jack of course…… no debate!!!

Without him the club isn’t where it is today……
Absolute rubbish. If you think Fosun have made poor decisions you were too young to realise the SJH’s bad decisions. Also this story that SJH saved Wolves is a myth. He put a lot of money in and got us nowhere. We were in the Championship when he arrived and we were in the Championship when he sold with one dreadful year in the Prem during the whole time.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. If you think Fosun have made poor decisions you were too young to realise the SJH’s bad decisions. Also this story that SJH saved Wolves is a myth. He put a lot of money in and got us nowhere. We were in the Championship when he arrived and we were in the Championship when he sold with one dreadful year in the Prem during the whole time.
Spot on
Here we are into our 5th consecutive season in the PL for the first time in my 40+ years of being a fan and yet the owners get more flack than any of our previous ones.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean he continually invested in the playing staff, backed his managers and sold the club for £10 on the agreement of future investment..

Was he perfect , no, but he genuinely cared about the club and the playing side of it. He gave us premier league for the very first time, you could see how much that playoff final meant to him.

I see little care from fosun to the product they have been putting on the pitch.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean he continually invested in the playing staff, backed his managers and sold the club for £10 on the agreement of future investment..

Was he perfect , no, but he genuinely cared about the club and the playing side of it. He gave us premier league for the very first time, you could see how much that playoff final meant to him.

I see little care from fosun to the product they have been putting on the pitch.
He didn’t continually invest. He constantly turned the funds on then off. He didn’t back managers consistently. He sold Jones down the river when we got to the Prem.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on
Here we are into our 5th consecutive season in the PL for the first time in my 40+ years of being a fan and yet the owners get more flack than any of our previous ones.
Because they are jacking up prices, in the claim of pay more for better quality.

Gas lit the entire fan base by saying we had been underpaying and essentially were a reason why the club wasn’t kicking on.

Then raised prices in more years than any other prem team and the quality hasn’t got steadily worse, it has jumped off a skyscraper!

They haven’t invested or improved the ground or experience for the matchday fans despite charging more either.

They care more about the “brand” and building revenue streams using our legacy and heritage off the pitch than they do off it.

They have hired absolute muppets into key operational roles too!

Leaving Jeff in post for as long as they have with the rapid decay of the on field side of the club shows a lot to me.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He didn’t continually invest. He constantly turned the funds on then off. He didn’t back managers consistently. He sold Jones down the river when we got to the Prem.

Jones had about 3 million to spend, SJH did a lot right however he also made some big mistakes along the way as anyone would with heart over head mentality, Fosun have made mistakes yes but they are irrelevant compared to previous owners.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point of Jones…. I forgot about that….

He wasn’t perfect, but he cared about the actual football side of the club….. not the set up e-sports, record label, fashion label in China and other ventures which fosun seem to care more about!

Sir Jack made mistakes, wasn’t perfect, but he loved our club. I doubt fosun can say they love the FOOTBALL side of the club and not their money spinning side pieces the added to the club.

We have FFP issues, surely these extra parts are adding to our coffers???? If not, sorry they need to be ruthlessly judged and money funnelled into our stadium and playing staff

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was his
He bid in 1982......then disappeared.....came back when we was on the up....jack was fine got not problem with him....but this myth he was the 'saviour' is way off......there was people who saved the club who dont get the recognition...it wasn't jack ..
So selling the club for £10 on the promise of future investment instead of getting himself paid was the most beautiful gesture! Only a proper fan (granted he had the money lol) would sacrifice their payday of selling a club for the benefit of the club over them.

He would have sorted the stands, that is something I am sure we can all agree on! Fosun not fixing the steve bull in covid times, so there were no issues was so stupid!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul needs to be careful here. He was the one who chose to go to the World Cup when he clearly wasn’t right.
i don’t blame any player for doing that.
“The Mexico international received oxygen on the pitch before being carried off on a stretcher and taken to hospital, where he had emergency surgery for a major traumatic brain injury (TBI) and skull fracture.”
i’ve had this, and it doesn’t guarantee any change in behaviour, mentality etc.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He wasn’t perfect, but he cared about the actual football side of the club….. not the set up e-sports, record label, fashion label in China and other ventures which fosun seem to care more about!

Sir Jack made mistakes, wasn’t perfect, but he loved our club. I doubt fosun can say they love the FOOTBALL side of the club and not their money spinning side pieces the added to the club.

We have FFP issues, surely these extra parts are adding to our coffers???? If not, sorry they need to be ruthlessly judged and money funnelled into our stadium and playing staff
The idea of the other ventures is to generate other sources of funding. It won’t happen overnight. Yes SJH claimed to love the club and I believe he did but his decision making was dreadful. Whilst he rebuilt the stadium, so did many other at the time post Hillsborough. However, other grounds cost a lot less and there were also grants available for grounds which Wolves didn’t get. As for investment, last time it was mentioned Fosun had invested £370+m into Wolves so they haven’t exactly been skin flints.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was a man of a totally different era, both he and English football, so it can’t be compared to what Fosun have done. By the same token, I think Fosun have been pretty transparent about why they bought Wolves and what their broad objectives are. This is not a vanity project, sports washing, nor is it a wealthy man helping his boyhood team. This is a hard nosed financial investment, much as it is for many top tier owners these days.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So selling the club for £10 on the promise of future investment instead of getting himself paid was the most beautiful gesture! Only a proper fan (granted he had the money lol) would sacrifice their payday of selling a club for the benefit of the club over them.

He would have sorted the stands, that is something I am sure we can all agree on! Fosun not fixing the steve bull in covid times, so there were no issues was so stupid!
Jack built the ground no problem..
On the back of endless grants...he was good for us no doubt....but to slag fosun off and build jack up is a bit OTT.....let's not beat around the bush jack was largely shocking on the pitch what he delivered....alright we got 3 new stands , which wor even big enough in the first place ....but on the pitch it's chalk n cheese with fosun....

The 90s was a pale shadow of the football memories that fosun have delivered...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idea of the other ventures is to generate other sources of funding. It won’t happen overnight. Yes SJH claimed to love the club and I believe he did but his decision making was dreadful. Whilst he rebuilt the stadium, so did many other at the time post Hillsborough. However, other grounds cost a lot less and there were also grants available for grounds which Wolves didn’t get. As for investment, last time it was mentioned Fosun had invested £370+m into Wolves so they haven’t exactly been skin flints.
But if we have FFP issues, then surely as much money needs to be retained and spent on the football?

There is actually very little money in the e-sports we are in….. many of the larger teams actually operate on a significant loss. Like FazeClan for example. Hashtag United cut their team and support staff down due to the associated costs and they had world ranked players! Better than ours!!!!

E-sports is a vanity project in China for them using our recognised brand……

If it isn’t raising money at a time like this where we are told it is sell to buy and FFP issues, I am sorry mothball it!!

They are and have gained a great deal buying our club and our history/legacy.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a man of a totally different era, both he and English football, so it can’t be compared to what Fosun have done. By the same token, I think Fosun have been pretty transparent about why they bought Wolves and what their broad objectives are. This is not a vanity project, sports washing, nor is it a wealthy man helping his boyhood team. This is a hard nosed financial investment, much as it is for many top tier owners these days.
You don’t buy a football club to make your fortune….. the football club ownership model and what it needs don’t really allow for
It.

They bought us to build a “leisure” brand….. that they will sell off for profit.

The football club as football and on the pitch performance I don’t think means that much other than doing enough to keep that sweet Premier league tv money coming in.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
mr-bean-waiting.gif

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack built the ground no problem..
On the back of endless grants...he was good for us no doubt....but to slag fosun off and build jack up is a bit OTT.....let's not beat around the bush jack was largely shocking on the pitch what he delivered....alright we got 3 new stands , which wor even big enough in the first place ....but on the pitch it's chalk n cheese with fosun....

The 90s was a pale shadow of the football memories that fosun have delivered...
Not building sir jack up to knock fosun down.

I think the last 4 years and the way the club is being run is actually showing they don’t care much about the football….. they care about the branding and tv money to leverage other deals for aspects of their portfolio or create them with the wolves branding and free premier league awareness to increase value of things like the Chinese fashion line and e-sports.

I miss having an owner who put the football and fans first. Not bleeding us dry with the most anual price rises in the league, highest %age increase over the time period by gas lighting the fans. Where is this promised improvement on the pitch????? We have gotten worse and worse to the point we were nearly relegated. Their running of the club has caused this, because they don’t care!

They only care when they organise China based watch parties and Burnley slap us….. they don’t care the rest of the time over at Fosun HQ or Jeff would be long gone!!!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think the last 4 years and the way the club is being run is actually showing they don’t care much about the football….. they care about the branding and tv money to leverage other deals for aspects of their portfolio or create them with the wolves branding and free premier league awareness to increase value of things like the Chinese fashion line and e-sports.

I miss having an owner who put the football and fans first. Not bleeding us dry with the most anual price rises in the league, highest %age increase over the time period by gas lighting the fans. Where is this promised improvement on the pitch????? We have gotten worse and worse to the point we were nearly relegated. Their running of the club has caused this, because they don’t care!

They only care when they organise China based watch parties and Burnley slap us….. they don’t care the rest of the time over at Fosun HQ or Jeff would be long gone!!!
How old are you about 14.......being 'nearly' being relegated from top flight is hardly a stick to beat wolves owners with....(even though we wasn't nearly relegated')........

If it's that bad mate pack it in.....find a new club like Man city....

Jesus wept..... imagine what derby , west brom and Sheffield Wednesday fans would make of ya...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well both of our last two owners, who cared about football, got us relegated in far less time than we’ve been in the PL this time. I’m not kidding myself about why they’re doing it, but nor am I dreaming about having an owner who cares about football.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well both of our last two owners, who cared about football, got us relegated in far less time than we’ve been in the PL this time. I’m not kidding myself about why they’re doing it, but nor am I dreaming about having an owner who cares about football.
It's absolutely ridiculous isn't it....give me a legacy fan any day of the week over some of our own..

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We went down to league one with Morgan and people are crying because we finished 13th in the premier league

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are sleep walking to oblivion!

I called how this season would go from the summer, including the massive splurge on jan if we hit trouble. I was 100% correct.

They will do enough to save us from relegation each jan…. But they are trying to run the club on fumes in a way that doesn’t work to ensure they make money and that is it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went down to league one with Morgan and people are crying because we finished 13th in the premier league
It is the down Lear’s trend and clear signs that are the reason people are afraid!!!

We have regressed significantly, gone from a good team to watch to one’s the public and pundits enjoyed to a borderline joke in the league!

They did well, but current trend and behaviours show there is trouble ahead if they don’t change course and approach.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are sleep walking to oblivion!

I called how this season would go from the summer, including the massive splurge on jan if we hit trouble. I was 100% correct.

They will do enough to save us from relegation each jan…. But they are trying to run the club on fumes in a way that doesn’t work to ensure they make money and that is it.
Pity we didn't rely on Issac okoronkwo and Oleg luzhny to keep us up....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom