Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman & Collins

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there’s no out ball for them to play or if the team are coached to play in a way that is easily nullified then the coach/team also share some responsibility?
The coach has to share the responsibility, yes. They should have been prepared for this if Lage is the meticulous planner that some have suggested (I don't see any evidence of it personally)

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Collins is going to be fine, he doesn't really have 'have a massive rick' every game. Still very young and showed his inexperience Saturday. Got done by one of the world's best strikers against Spurs.
Collins is far from our worst problem atm.
Yes he does. But you’re right, no he isn’t.

Edit. Our biggest problem I mean. And I do think he will come good.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nathan is a young and very talented centre back!!

Let’s just support him as he develops. He has all the attributes!

One of the ingredients for the central defender job is experience! Obviously he hasn’t that yet but games like Saturdays, and the lessons learned, will stand him in good stead as he progresses.

The last thing we want is the boo boys getting on his case. He’s 21 and needs to be supported as he grows!

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Nathan is a young and very talented centre back!!

Let’s just support him as he develops. He has all the attributes!

One of the ingredients for the central defender job is experience! Obviously he hasn’t that yet but games like Saturdays, and the lessons learned, will stand him in good stead as he progresses.

The last thing we want is the boo boys getting on his case. He’s 21 and needs to be supported as he grows!
Fully behind both our CH’s however, you have to question why on earth we have loaned out an experienced PL & England CH to one of our rivals. Absolute madness.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
With Collins suspended, does
Fully behind both our CH’s however, you have to question why on earth we have loaned out an experienced PL & England CH to one of our rivals. Absolute madness.
I read between the lines that Lage didn't want him around after demoting him. Could not control such a big character that's not playing

Last edited:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issue with the sending off on Saturday, but how seriously was Grealish injured. I thought he would have to go off. There was nothing gained by rolling around like he did or indeed leaving him on the pitch afterwards. The referees decision was immediate. It confused me and another viewer who from the initial camera angle thought it was at worse a yellow card. It was only on second viewing from another angle that we realised just how bad the tackle was.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get Toti in to replace him for 3 weeks! He did well before

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am of the opinion, it was a very big mistake, to send Coady on loan and subsequent selling him to Everton. He would have given Wolves at least another 5 years of service.

Unfortunately our " Captain" couldn't get out of here quick enough after it became clear he wasn't the first name on the team sheet ( after Moutinho) ...
Sad to see him go but he had no intention of sticking around.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issue with the sending off on Saturday, but how seriously was Grealish injured. I thought he would have to go off. There was nothing gained by rolling around like he did or indeed leaving him on the pitch afterwards. The referees decision was immediate. It confused me and another viewer who from the initial camera angle thought it was at worse a yellow card. It was only on second viewing from another angle that we realised just how bad the tackle was.

Definite Red, our players are just as guilty with the play acting , Podence & Hwang the worst culprits.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who is getting right on to Collins back; all for going for the ball and his boot smacking Jack on his Crown Jewels, really needs a look in the mirror.

Barring this and Kane’s winner, he has made an excellent start to the campaign and in due course will be worth a hella lot more than £20.5 Million

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Unfortunately our " Captain" couldn't get out of here quick enough after it became clear he wasn't the first name on the team sheet ( after Moutinho) ...
Sad to see him go but he had no intention of sticking around.
Probably got something to do with this idiot of a manager we have

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems we did the right thing for Coady by letting him go on loan, albeit disappointing he seemed to take the easy option than fight for his place.

However I'm not so sure it was the right thing for the team to let him go - we no longer have an obvious 5 at the back option (which we may well have reverted to against City) and with any form of injury or suspension (which is now the case) to our two main CBs we are now in the position of having to rely on very inexperienced options (especially with Boly going).

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know why this coady debate is happening to be honest. He still wouldn’t have played a minute this season

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know why this coady debate is happening to be honest. He still wouldn’t have played a minute this season
Absolutely. However it’s the wolves way to think the solution is in those players or managers that are no longer here.

People seem to forget Coady was part of last season’s bad run.

Aside from Saturday (against Man City no less and down to 10 men), our defence isn’t the problem. Collins and Kilman are doing fine.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely. However it’s the wolves way to think the solution is in those players or managers that are no longer here.

People seem to forget Coady was part of last season’s bad run.

Aside from Saturday (against Man City no less and down to 10 men), our defence isn’t the problem. Collins and Kilman are doing fine.
Apart from Spurs we hadn’t cone up against a decent strike force before Saturday. Collins was at fault for the Kane goal in that game & very naive on Saturday. Think Collins is a great signing but we should have kept Coady as 1st choice (experience & continuity) with Collins pushing both Kilman & Coady if they had a dip in form, injury, etc.We are now limited on both numbers & options to go 3 or 4 at the back & lacking in experience.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst he’s a contracted player we could have absolutely made him stay but it’s pretty clear a) he wasn’t going to be a starter and b) he wouldn’t be happy sat on the bench, he simply had to be moved on.

JJ59

Reaction score
It seems we did the right thing for Coady by letting him go on loan, albeit disappointing he seemed to take the easy option than fight for his place.

However I'm not so sure it was the right thing for the team to let him go - we no longer have an obvious 5 at the back option (which we may well have reverted to against City) and with any form of injury or suspension (which is now the case) to our two main CBs we are now in the position of having to rely on very inexperienced options (especially with Boly going).
Watched Boly on MoD at the weekend. Whilst I really really liked him sadly I don't think we have lost much. He was not up with the pace of the game and was just ambling around, needs to improve greatly if he is going to be effective at Forest.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched Boly on MoD at the weekend. Whilst I really really liked him sadly I don't think we have lost much. He was not up with the pace of the game and was just ambling around, needs to improve greatly if he is going to be effective at Forest.
Unfortunately I think Boly is finished as a footballer. A mix of injuries and long covid (and possibly lack of desire) means it’s over for him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst he’s a contracted player we could have absolutely made him stay but it’s pretty clear a) he wasn’t going to be a starter and b) he wouldn’t be happy sat on the bench, he simply had to be moved on.

I agree with you both. of Coady, Boly and Saiss it is probably Saiss we should have tried to keep (if any). Personally I’m not too worried at the prospect of Gomes playing (obviously I may have to eat those words fairly soon!).

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

His argument surely woud have been that to get to Qatar, he would have needed to be playing reularly.
Wolves couldn't guarantee that so he jumped ship knowing that this would be his last opportunity to represent England at a major tournament.

Re Collins, I believe he'll turn out a decent buy for us and just hope we can keep the services of Kilman as well.

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
Collins had a shocker today. For me, he is just not ready for top half prem football. It’s clear to see why Dyche had him second fiddle behind Mee and Tarkowski. He looks good for 80mins most games but he has a mistake or lapse in concentration in him (Kane goal for example) and gets exposed by top half strikers at this level.

City game today.
Goal 1 - Brylcream Boy scores it by outmuscling Jonny but watch how Haaland completely outsmarts Collins to create space at the front post and then runs into it for what should have been Haalands goal. It was incredibly naive defending for a prem level defender.

Goal 2 - Collins goes awol getting sucked into play needlessly leaving Haaland in acres of space. Yes Max makes a shambles of the 1v1 but the danger all starts as soon as Collins steps into no man’s land between play and his defensive line.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Collins is poor. Today at palace…

Goal 1 he’s sucked out of the back line. Semedo covers him and ends up getting stuck under the cross because he’s not made it back to position after covering Collins.

Goal 2 - ambles around then why on earth does he not show the winger down the line. The attacker cuts inside far too easily.

I’ve counted 3 or 4 times that he’s not been sure whether to hold the line or step into midfield. This indecision to step into midfield or hold his line is a massive weakness of his.

Last edited:

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Collins is poor. Today at palace…

Goal 1 he’s sucked out of the back line. Semedo covers him and ends up getting stuck under the cross because he’s not made it back to position after covering Collins.

Goal 2 - ambles around then why on earth does he not show the winger down the line. The attacker cuts inside far too easily.

I’ve counted 3 or 4 times that he’s not been sure whether to hold the line or step into midfield. This indecision to step into midfield or hold his line is a massive weakness of his.
I praised him in the verdict thread but watching back this is a really good analysis. I think all of this will improve with time and good coaching, but I'd be inclined to go three at the back for the time being (especially as Kilman's not in great form).

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buying defenders from relegated sides is probably never a good idea. You've had a whole season behind you with probably barely any clean sheets. Having said that I think Kilman has been weaker performer when they've been on the field together. I think they're too beige and similar to make a classic defensive partnership.

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins very poor tonight. Hopefully just a bit of rust after a few games out. A concerning performance nonetheless.

T

TheConcourse

Need another CB in Jan. No problem with Collins, he’ll get better, but we need more competition and we desperately need more protection atm.

Can’t keep conceding 2’s and 3’s.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought he gave a gutsy performance in the first half but I’m disappointed how a he defended a hopeful ball in the channel for their second goal.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins will be a good player but he has too many mistakes in him. Still cannot believe that our people in charge chose to let all the defenders they did, go in the summer and sign just one who is only 21 and doesnt have a huge amount of experience.

Back
Top Bottom