Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

CNN Portugal reporting Lage has been sacked

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no personal animosity towards Lage. He seems a nice fella, and there are plenty of players who think he is a great youth coach who has had a positive impact on their careers.

But this is the Premier League. With all the money involved and the high standards required he just wasn't up to it. If we are signing players for north of £20 and £30 million, we better have a coach capable of getting the best out of them.

The club needs to do better.
It’ll be Mouts until Lopetegui is sacked.

Reactions: Ian

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no personal animosity towards Lage. He seems a nice fella, and there are plenty of players who think he is a great youth coach who has had a positive impact on their careers.

But this is the Premier League. With all the money involved and the high standards required he just wasn't up to it. If we are signing players for north of £20 and £30 million, we better have a coach capable of getting the best out of them.

The club needs to do better.
My animosity towards him increased substantially when I saw Ruben played at CB.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had his chance. I never blame an inadequate manager , just his employer.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding Moutinho, does he have coaching badges? can they be coach without them?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice fella but zero evidence of him being a good coach, can’t think of one player he made better during his time here. Compare that to his predecessor.

Will be interesting to see who we go for next. Would be nice for it to be a proven manager but ones that are available/would come to Wolves will be tricky to identify.

We’ll lose Saturday regardless so no rush at this point, but this should’ve been done in March - then if not definitely the summer - then if not definitely definitely prior to the international break we just had. So they should have people in mind.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
No one should be too surprised, be interesting to see who’s on the shortlist. I’d imagine the job will attract some decent names out there as Wolves profile has gone up quite a few notches since the days of Zenga.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Tony Roberts still with us? I can see him being put in charge until Sevilla pull their finger out and sack Lopetegui. That's a prediction, not a wish!
I do hope we keep Roberts. Looks like a good GK coach going off Sa's performances last season, and a popular figure. Take him off set pieces, though.

Reaction score
I always want anyone, player or manager, to do well for Wolves, very much in the blind faith happy clapper camp at times, but it seemed like he didn’t know how to arrest the slide and it’d become unpleasant viewing, didn’t even really mind that much when West Ham scored their second last night, already game over at 1 and become a bit apathetic about it all.
Who we will get as replacement, I don’t know. I’d not be averse to seeing what Moutinho did with the squad given all the experience under his belt, and inside knowledge. You’d expect the players respect him highly and would bust a gut for him given his pedigree and years here now. You wouldn’t expect that to be a long term solution though.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one should be too surprised, be interesting to see who’s on the shortlist. I’d imagine the job will attract some decent names out there as Wolves profile has gone up quite a few notches since the days of Zenga.
Amorim
Lopetegui
Maybe from within

I still see Lopetegui getting it but who knows if a wildcard emerges

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The @Wolves hierarchy felt they had no choice other than to act given results and fan reaction. Thought unlikely Lage's replacement will be in place for Saturday's trip to Chelsea.

Simon Stone, BBC.

Oh no! It will be all our fault when the new manager loses a couple of games. "Be careful what you wish for".

Now to get this down and in writing, I think this is very harsh on Bruno, all he needed was more time ,a striker and the players to be able to play through their injuries. And more time. :rolleyes:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho in as temporary coach to devise the tactics and Costa to bark the orders! That would be interesting!
Disagree I think this is why we are in a mess . We have so many tippy tappy players like moutinhno. So for me it would be an awful appointment for more than a week until we get a new manager in .

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to say 'thanks for nothing' but it's been much worse than that.

Ripped out the heart of the club in a year. Big job for whoever comes in, but thank god he's gone.

Agree with this.

We look so passive now with no leaders at all. Which is why we lose the game as soon as we go 1 down.

Big job for the next manager. The malaise goes beyond the on the pitch struggles. The whole club looks devoid of any character whatsoever and that is more concerning for me.

I honestly think we're down this season.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame it didn’t work out but it is the correct decision, we have time to get someone in to turn the season round.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be Moutinho temporary I'm hearing!
Much as I like Mouts it needs to be very temporary with the new coach in place before the World Cup break at the very latest. The new guy will then have plenty of time to work with most of the squad and determine what is needed in the January transfer window.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this.

We look so passive now with no leaders at all. Which is why we lose the game as soon as we go 1 down.

Big job for the next manager. The malaise goes beyond the on the pitch struggles. The whole club looks devoid of any character whatsoever and that is more concerning for me.

I honestly think we're down this season.
That’s the spirit…!

Back
Top Bottom