Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

CNN Portugal reporting Lage has been sacked

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope they don't put Roberts in temporary charge; he seems/acts like a complete buffoon to me. In the training vids he seems to be far too pally with the players; good leaders imo, whilst approachable, should maintain some detachment from the troops.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what Toti and Mosquera have been sharing with their agents this weekend!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon the next Mendes cab off the rank means It will be AVB and that won’t be a bad thing medium term but he will need a few games. It’s the last time we see Neves play CB thank god.
Lage is definitely a number two as his teams play so s h i t

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what had Toti done wrong. Thought he was one of our bright sparks last season and didn’t let us down.

Was he planning on playing Neves there for the 3 games Collins was out for?
Precisely. Toti looked surprisingly good when he came in last season. Nobody had particularly high hopes for him, having only played U23s and Grasshoppers, and he exceeded expectations.

Collins get banned for 3 games, so Lage puts…Neves there.
It’s almost forgivable when there’s no precedent for Toti playing in a back 4 in the premier league, but then not to play him in a 3 is inexcusable.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff should be putting it out their that Wolves are inviting applications for a prospective new manager who knows we may have, some candidates apply that have a good CV such as Poch, Tuchel, Bielsa etc etc, whoever we get in I want them to bring in some high intensity football, no more of this side to side back and forth crap with no end product that we have had to put up with for far to long, we pay to be entertained and I cant remember the last time I enjoyed a game at the Mol.
Bruno simply had to go his position had become untenable but Guo needs to be looking at the Whole none playing football side of things at Wolves and doing a top to bottom appraisal starting with Shi who appears to prefer yes men to work under him and that in my experience over many years never seems to work, its much better having people who have the bottle to give there opinion even if its different to the CEO.

Why not get the England manager in ?, no I dont mean Southgate.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just hope they don't put Roberts in temporary charge; he seems/acts like a complete buffoon to me. In the training vids he seems to be far too pally with the players; good leaders imo, whilst approachable, should maintain some detachment from the troops.
Wolves can confirm that experienced coaches Steve Davis and James Collins will prepare the team this week for the trip to Chelsea.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Jonny
Moutinho Traore B
Guedes Nunes Podence
Costa

Traore B with licence to support the attack

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves can confirm that experienced coaches Steve Davis and James Collins will prepare the team this week for the trip to Chelsea.
I think that's good news. The youngsters have done well this season and it may mean the likes of Gomes, Ronan, Campbell and Hodge may get some time on the pitch which considering the indifferent performances of many of our 1st team may be the wake up call they need. It also implies that the Club will take their time over the next appt.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel for you mate, your ongoing support for the fraud has been admirable, if a little misguided, but nothing new there indeed par for the course. :)
Haha! I’m hoping our world class players step up now mate, frankly a little disappointed with them so far this season. No more excuses now the manager has gone, I’m expecting a pretty quick improvement.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha! I’m hoping our world class players step up now mate, frankly a little disappointed with them so far this season. No more excuses now the manager has gone, I’m expecting a pretty quick improvement.
Don't hold your breath. :)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just one problem, he’s ****ing ****.
Don’t want to fall out mate. We’ll leave it there. Agree he ain’t great but we haven’t got many options and the bench at Chelsea will be very inexperienced.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank heavens for that.

Now over to you Jeff to actually think for yourself rather than just accepting a patsy from Mendes.
I dont see how Jeff's knowledge of the qualities of European football coaches could possibly be superior to that of Mendes...

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just one problem, he’s ****ing ****.
Worth considering for comedy value at least and can't be much worse than some of the alternatives who have been **** week in week out.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever is next, I hope they have a history of being able to adapt.
Dunno about that. I think it was Helenio Herrera who said that any manager should only last 3 years. The 1st to look at what you've inherited, the 2nd to make the necessary changes and the 3rd to win something. Then its time to go.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well most of the players we let go / loaned out have managed to score this season so let’s hope the ones left can do the same now Lage has gone

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well most of the players we let go / loaned out have managed to score this season so let’s hope the ones left can do the same now Lage has gone
I certainly hope so.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff should be putting it out their that Wolves are inviting applications for a prospective new manager who knows we may have, some candidates apply that have a good CV such as Poch, Tuchel, Bielsa etc etc, whoever we get in I want them to bring in some high intensity football, no more of this side to side back and forth crap with no end product that we have had to put up with for far to long, we pay to be entertained and I cant remember the last time I enjoyed a game at the Mol.
Bruno simply had to go his position had become untenable but Guo needs to be looking at the Whole none playing football side of things at Wolves and doing a top to bottom appraisal starting with Shi who appears to prefer yes men to work under him and that in my experience over many years never seems to work, its much better having people who have the bottle to give there opinion even if its different to the CEO.

Why not get the England manager in ?, no I dont mean Southgate.
Fabio Capello? Sven?

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
At the end of the day we as a football club have lost our way under Bruno, I really do believe we’ll appoint a top level manager within the next 2 weeks, Fosun aren’t going to mess around with any no-marks from the Mendes stable any time soon I’d hope?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day we as a football club have lost our way under Bruno, I really do believe we’ll appoint a top level manager within the next 2 weeks, Fosun aren’t going to mess around with any no-marks from the Mendes stable any time soon I’d hope?
I’m preparing myself for disappointment

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had us going well for a while and intentions were good in terms of switching to a back 4 and trying to play on the front foot but you still need to score goals and win games.

I'd expect AVB, Amorim or Lopetegui to be the next appointment.
Re your first sentence, even when there was speculation of European football before February last season the football was nothing special and we relied on Sa playing out of his skin which was never likely to continue long term.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m in the camp of being ****ed off with Jeff.

Originally In Nuno’s first few seasons I thought the connection with the fans was outstanding. Remember Laurie Dalrymple and Jeff buying drinks at the Brentford away game.

My gut is a lot of that connection was down to Laurie and not Jeff.

We fell lucky with Nuno and I think the interference from Jeff and co was the cause of Nuno losing his Mojo. I can’t imagine NES was happy about us throwing £35m at an up and coming young prospect.

I’d love to see a strong DOF in place and a good younger coach (maybe someone like Amorim)

Shi needs to be less involved in the football. Sellars needs to **** off and we need a bit of enjoyment in our lives again.

Last edited by a moderator:

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can stick to waiting. Crap tedious dinosaur football. The Spanish Fat Sam
Wasn’t for one minute advocating him as a choice, but he’s bound to be mentioned and it was only recently that he was saying he’d love to come back to the premier league

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no! It will be all our fault when the new manager loses a couple of games. "Be careful what you wish for".

Now to get this down and in writing, I think this is very harsh on Bruno, all he needed was more time ,a striker and the players to be able to play through their injuries. And more time. :rolleyes:
.... and a bit more time..... Repeat incessantly....

Back
Top Bottom