Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

CNN Portugal reporting Lage has been sacked

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, how reliable has Duncan Castles been with us? I read a while back that he was reliable for ‘Mendes related news’ but can’t remember any news he’s broke…

Not entirely sure but I think I read somewhere that Castles had become unreliable. Dont quote me on that though

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was our manager
We were always losing
And there wasn't a goal in his team (never a goal in his team)
Bruno walks in with his gorm-e-less grin
And says “I think we dominated the plaaaay” (dominated no way)
Now Shi said your sacked
And were free from that **** (hooray)
We don't talk about Bruno, no, no, no
We don't talk about Bruno

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sorry him slightly. He’s looked lost for some time and often exasperated as to how we play and when the players make seemingly ridiculous decisions.

But some of his subs and team selections have been suicidal. And I guess the ridiculous-at-times decision making of the players has to be pinned on the manager.
We're down in a game HE HAS TO WIN to save his job and he keeps Neves as CB, takes off Nunes over Moutinho, and takes off Guedes who was our best forward yesterday. Maybe him, Adama, and Costa create a goal or two.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romour going round that Moutinho could be placed in temporary charge, until Lopetegue becomes available.
Surely he Couldn't do any worse than Bruno !!

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Pedro Martins the early favourite. Lopetegui and Ange Postecoglou also linked.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Title needs updating to a better source.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a replacement imminently. It will be utter stupidity if they don’t have someone lined up.
I agree…..
We‘ve all seen this possibility for months now. If we haven’t made contingency plans, then, on the face of it, that’s irresponsible.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Good - personally never convinced by him even in the early/mid part of the first season. Out of his depth. Next appointment absolutely vital to get right.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
We're down in a game HE HAS TO WIN to save his job and he keeps Neves as CB, takes off Nunes over Moutinho, and takes off Guedes who was our best forward yesterday. Maybe him, Adama, and Costa create a goal or two.
Absolutely. The Newcastle match was the one for me. Pinned in and couldn’t get out of our half. Traore played well last match in the cup. Nope… brings on hwang.

I think my warmth towards him is purely blind loyalty as I want every wolves manager to succeed.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ahhhh…..there’s the rub……

many Mixers were delighted when Bruno was hired . Will we get it right this time?

This is the million dollar question.

I wasn’t thrilled when Bruno was appointed. I wasn’t horrified. I was just Meh.

My concern is that we will remain too influenced by Mendes because Shi/Sellars are clueless.

For me I’d at least enquire about Poch. As unlikely as it is.

I’d like to see Amorim.

But I suspect it’s going to be Lopetegui…… he’s a definite upgrade on Bruno though

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No not solutions from within

My theory is that we want Lopetegui but don’t want to pay his club a severance fee, and that’s why Lage has lasted this long. Equally they want him gone but don’t want to pay out his contract, and have been waiting for us to make a move for him. So it’s been a standoff. We’ve now been forced to fire Lage, but still don’t want to pay Seville for him…

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good - personally never convinced by him even in the early/mid part of the first season. Out of his depth. Next appointment absolutely vital to get right.
duncan castles suggests we are looking at a promotion from within.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just mentioned it in commentary of the manc derby on sly sports

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the million dollar question.

I wasn’t thrilled when Bruno was appointed. I wasn’t horrified. I was just Meh.

My concern is that we will remain too influenced by Mendes because Shi/Sellars are clueless.

For me I’d at least enquire about Poch. As unlikely as it is.

I’d like to see Amorim.

But I suspect it’s going to be Lopetegui…… he’s a definite upgrade on Bruno though
I don’t know if any of them are even interested

Back
Top Bottom