Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

CNN Portugal reporting Lage has been sacked

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Especially Ruben, maybe, just maybe he'll extend his contract, assuming that Bruno hasn't totally soured him for the club.

I think the next appointment will decide a lot.

Get a really good manager in and I think there’s a chance.

Go for another mediocre Mendes yes man and we could see some real issues

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. He didn’t respect us by walking over to clap us after a 12 hour round trip. He can get ****ed.
Would that have made a difference.
I rather think that daggers were already drawn and the coach knew so.

Anyway, that's history now.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes over Adama on the right?

It would depend on how you want them to play. If it's as winger, you pick Adama. If you want a wide attacker who is capable of playing a bit more fluid, you pick Guedes. If you pick the right player to suit the role you have a better chance of success.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We need to stop going for unproven managers from Iberia. We need someone with top level English and CL/Europa experience. Tuchel or Poch should be the first shouts, offer them everything. We went for a "big name" in Diego Costa, go for it with the manager and quit trying to get cute with this.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need to stop going for unproven managers from Iberia. We need someone with top level English and CL/Europa experience. Tuchel or Poch should be the first shouts, offer them everything. We went for a "big name" in Diego Costa, go for it with the manager and quit trying to get cute with this.

I couldn’t agree more. I’d love to see Poch in particular to be fair. Can’t imagine him coming though. I think he will hold out for a bigger/CL club.

Same with Tuchel.

Emery is more possible and I’d like him.

Amorim is a good prospect but is he ready for the monumental task that is sorting this mess.

Lope/AVB seek most likely. Both I think could be good.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah a new guy in who does a great job……and then he’ll be gone like Potter.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you post but thats ridiculous.

Thanks, I think :D

Honestly, much as Adama carries a threat with the ball at his feet, he lacks in just about every other area which is why he ends up benched. Guedes has been disappointing so far but I think he is a far superior player all told.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks, I think :D

Honestly, much as Adama carries a threat with the ball at his feet, he lacks in just about every other area which is why he ends up benched. Guedes has been disappointing so far but I think he is a far superior player all told.

I rate Guedes and think he'll eventually play a major role in the team but currently I think Traore offers more of an attacking threat.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you want some no name, mediocre, run of the mill manager that will never be sort after by another club?? Thats ambition for you!
Good grief.
No, I never said or implied that……read it back and what I was replying to.

Remember when we were flying high with Nuno and the rumours that Arsenal wanted him?…….we didn’t want to lose him, did we? Right?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good grief.
No, I never said or implied that……read it back and what I was replying to.

Remember when we were flying high with Nuno and the rumours that Arsenal wanted him?…….we didn’t want to lose him, did we? Right?
If you were another manager and looked at what happened to Nuno you would be tempted to say: stuff loyalty take the high-flying job if offered. What thanks did Nuno get for his loyalty?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were another manager and looked at what happened to Nuno you would be tempted to say: stuff loyalty take the high-flying job if offered. What thanks did Nuno get for his loyalty?
Was Nuno ever tested? Did he ever get another offer while a Wolves employee?

Personally, I think the rules should say that coaches can’t leave clubs when a rich club wants them.
You signed a contract…..stick with it.

Its a philosophical position.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Nuno ever tested? Did he ever get another offer while a Wolves employee?

Personally, I think the rules should say that coaches can’t leave clubs when a rich club wants them.
You signed a contract…..stick with it.

Its a philosophical position.
So you want complete employee loyalty while the club can get rid whenever they feel like it.... Good luck with that one in the Courts.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Told you he wouldn't make January
chinese-kid.gif

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rate Guedes and think he'll eventually play a major role in the team but currently I think Traore offers more of an attacking threat.

I don't think Guedes was anywhere near as bad as some make out. He is pretty mobile, strong and direct and put a decent cross or two in on Saturday but its utterly pointless when no-one in front is making runs and we have no target man.

With regard to Traore, I agree definitely gave us an attacking threat. You have to hope though its crosses to Costa if he gets games under a new manager as his shooting is woeful. It was noticeable to me his snapshots are much better than when he has time to think before shooting. The snapshot he had almost grazed the post, the better chance where he had time to shoot nearly hit me in the crowd.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, i did!

A told-you-so or well informed in the game.....depends on your point of view :)

To be fair I said all along last season, when we hit our good run, that I couldn't work out if Lage was a good manager, working with the players he had, or bloody lucky as we got results but I couldn't really remember a good performance barring Man Utd away.

Back
Top Bottom