Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

CNN Portugal reporting Lage has been sacked

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we have a game next week and we need a manager to take training whilst we sort out the successor. Moutinho has over 140 international appearances, god knows how many club appearances at the highest level, he’ll have picked things up. In his prime he could run a game. As a temporary manager looking at the club who else is there.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we have a game next week and we need a manager to take training whilst we sort out the successor. Moutinho has over 140 international appearances, god knows how many club appearances at the highest level, he’ll have picked things up. In his prime he could run a game. As a temporary manager looking at the club who else is there.
It’s been mentioned he wants to go into coaching, but has he done any of his badges.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. The Newcastle match was the one for me. Pinned in and couldn’t get out of our half. Traore played well last match in the cup. Nope… brings on hwang.

I think my warmth towards him is purely blind loyalty as I want every wolves manager to succeed.
I liked him. He came in and really wanted to play an attacking style. And it was exciting for awhile. But he could never change the mindset here.

Similar to Nuno, once he lost his way, he could not adapt and recover. It's too bad because I loved the idea of attacking relentlessly.

Nuno's subs in the last part of his tenure was just like Lage. They made no sense. The difference is... Lage had 100 million of new players to work with and still couldn't make anything happen whereas Nuno got little extra backing.

Whoever is next, I hope they have a history of being able to adapt. Because our last two have not been able too.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep just seen it on BBC. No surprise and please this time appoint a manager that isn’t coming off the back of a sacking.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The @Wolves hierarchy felt they had no choice other than to act given results and fan reaction. Thought unlikely Lage's replacement will be in place for Saturday's trip to Chelsea.

Simon Stone, BBC.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huh! Maybe my mate was right…I’d best ring him and apologise for the text messages I’ve sent him. :smirk:
Apparently, club asked support staff not to communicate until ALL senior players were notified. Some players were not responding to clubs contact and still haven’t replied. Some will be finding out by social media.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EAEDCB5D-BED8-4FF7-9368-6575499DC4C0.jpeg

Suggests they have been planning for it with a list of candidates

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Is Tony Roberts still with us? I can see him being put in charge until Sevilla pull their finger out and sack Lopetegui. That's a prediction, not a wish!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
if It is lopetigui they obviously can’t say that yet as he hasn’t been sacked

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thank god for that. There's still a chance we might enjoy our football this season...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no personal animosity towards Lage. He seems a nice fella, and there are plenty of players who think he is a great youth coach who has had a positive impact on their careers.

But this is the Premier League. With all the money involved and the high standards required he just wasn't up to it. If we are signing players for north of £20 and £30 million, we better have a coach capable of getting the best out of them.

The club needs to do better.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not pleased that Lage has gone as it means he was unsuccessful and like everyone else on here I want Wolves to be successful. The club must now ensure they make the right decision regarding his replacement. I presume the club will continue the Portuguese theme. I hope a replacement is lined up.

Back
Top Bottom