Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v WHU

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think we should be playing a 2 man midfield of Neves and Nunes. My hope is that Nunes can be for us what Bellingham is for England.
i Thought second half against city he was our best player, noted by the commentators, looked class and really drove us forward

In honesty id rather have the 4-2-3-1 with the aforementioned midfield of neves and nunes.

If we are to go 3 i would rather have boubacar in that mouts. Mouts needs to vy with neves to get in the team, and he wont oust him

Time to accept that a wonderful servant should be a substitute player and experience for the last 20 if needed.

Reactions: Ian

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think we should be playing a 2 man midfield of Neves and Nunes. My hope is that Nunes can be for us what Bellingham is for England.
I just don’t think we have the legs and physicality in defence or midfield to play just two in the middle. I think we need 3 there, so need Neves, Nunes and B Traore to all play.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just don’t think we have the legs and physicality in defence or midfield to play just two in the middle. I think we need 3 there, so need Neves, Nunes and B Traore to all play.
I think we absolutely can play 2 in midfield in the right formation. Nunes is best known for playing in a 2 I think. 4-2-3-1 would work well imo with the players we have. Obviously you need to be adaptable depending on the opposition and how the game is going.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only guy that doesn't have the legs is Moutinho. It's time to move on.

The Finkler

Reaction score
Would love Coady back right now, bit of fire and a good defender.

It does now seem insane to have let him go and I think like many at the time felt the decision to let him go was because we had lined up another quality first team CB .... It really doesn't make much sense does it for what should be a Premier League side pushing for European spots and invested so much. Its like even great transfer windows have to be tainted somehow.

Can only hope Toti or Mosquera grab their opportunity now (assuming he doesn't start Jonny or Neves at the back)

The Finkler

Reaction score
Are we picking the team we'd like see or the one likely to be fielded?
If it's the later I'd expect
Sa
Semedo, Jonny, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, Neves, Moutinho
Guedes, Podence, Neto

It really doesn't matter who is on the bench as they're unlikely to be used until the 84th minute, unless there's an injury in which case Hwang will come on.

You've got a point I have a similar feeling and to be honest if I saw that as a starting line up I wouldn't have much confidence in a result :/

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It does now seem insane to have let him go and I think like many at the time felt the decision to let him go was because we had lined up another quality first team CB .... It really doesn't make much sense does it for what should be a Premier League side pushing for European spots and invested so much. Its like even great transfer windows have to be tainted somehow.

Can only hope Toti or Mosquera grab their opportunity now (assuming he doesn't start Jonny or Neves at the back)
I can't remember the issue last year, but I remember seeing the team on twitter as I walked past the Orbital and saying we may as well turn round and start off home. If we don't start with Toti and Kilman as 2 CHs I may get some deja vu!

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm really hoping that this is slightly tongue in cheek; but I was really starting to worry about this today.
Lage's selections are bemusing at the best of times - but if he tried this, then if I were Toti or Mosquera I'd be straight on the phone to my agent.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Gomes Jonny
Neves Nunes
Guedes Podence Neto
Hwang

Subs - Sarkic, RAN, Mosquera, Ronan, Traore, Moutinho, Costa, Campbell, Beuno

Jonny to protect Gomes (although I’d prefer RAN).
Anything but a False 9 up top (including Hwang).
Neto back to LW.
Moutinho on bench.

Assumes Traore (A) and Raul are unfit and Costa is not ready to start.
I see that team and I think **** we're going down.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Who knows what side/formation/style is going to be played on Saturday.

What I'd like to see though from whoever is put out to face WH is a lot of speed of movement both off the ball and passing, moves that are coming naturally and not 'over thought' but more importantly, just some good old fashioned intensity, that they want the match more than West Ham.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Jonny
Kilman
Ait-Nouri

Neves
Traore
Nunes

Adama
Costa
Neto

Not sure if Jonny can play centre half and he’s small but he’s positionally good and a very good defender so why not.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Jonny
Kilman
Ait-Nouri

Neves
Traore
Nunes

Adama
Costa
Neto

Not sure if Jonny can play centre half and he’s small but he’s positionally good and a very good defender so why not.
swap jonny out for toti and im good with this.

Toti can defend and is a good cb, he will be a better unit in there than jonny

Traore can provide cover for the 4

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but it hugely depends on the attackers pressing and trying to win the ball back. I think most of them aren't very effective at this

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t really pick an XI without knowing the fitness of either Raul or Costa.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t really pick an XI without knowing the fitness of either Raul or Costa.
Raul aint fit SBK, id actually be speechless if he rocks up starting on Saturday.

Given what we already know, the noise previously from Lage, and now the noise out of mexico.

Giving costa a start is a gamble Saturday - i mean i guess he could play him 60 and throw him in like sasa, but i think more realistic is a 20 to 30 min cameo in the second half.

With him having a chance to start against chelsea or forest.

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the noise from Mexico is that they're worried about him not being available for the World Cup, it'd be pretty surprising if he was playing on Sat!
Tbh I think some of that has been lost in translation as if he was that injured I doubt we’d have sent him over. I think it’s highly unlikely he’ll play Saturday but he’ll be back in a week or so

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Given the noise from Mexico is that they're worried about him not being available for the World Cup, it'd be pretty surprising if he was playing on Sat!
Sadly pretty sure Raul won't be involved at all. Hoping Costa might be on the bench and good for the last 20 (or whenever Bruno decides a 1-0 defeat isn't good enough).

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's try something a bit different...

Sa
Semedo, kilman, neves, totti, jonny
Moutino, b. Traore, nunes
Guedes, costa
5 3 2. Wing backs attacking

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game is starting to get real now. I'm just hoping and praying Costa is deemed fit enough to at least start, even for 65/70 mins. We desperately need some inspiration and confidence and I think he could be the player to deliver it.
I would start with Costa if he is anywhere near match fit. I feel we need to be bold for a change.
Have to imo. He could be the game changer we need. If he isn't we're in the **** because no other bugger is going to score. The confidence he will give the team will be immense and I do believe once this team get some confidence they will play.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we have a striker at the club who is aged 17 and over who is scoring goals for any of the teams below the first team?
Serious question.

Most kids teams in the country have a natural striker who scores goals, what happens to these lads? Do they go to better teams and be converted to other positions? They seem to not be present in clubs youth teams

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put Podence on the left & Guedes in the middle. Neto deserves to be dropped he offers nothing from the right

To me a two man midfield of Neves and Nunes. No Moutinho who has offered nothing in recent games. Be more attacking and get 4 attackers on the pitch. Adama back as well.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang has to play up front. His issues are technical, he will work hard, has decent physicality and can run in behind.

Costa won't be ready and I'd rather have him as a game changer anyway on the basis he won't be able to do 90 minutes.

Sa
Semedo, Kilman, Toti, Jonny
B. Traore, Neves, Nunes
Guedes, Hwang, Neto

Moutinho cannot play. It's horrible to dig him out but he's not contributing to games on the ball and he is a massive, massive weakness out of possession. Even in 10 minutes against City it was so refreshing to see Traore actually close people down and make challenges. We've been far too passive in midfield for too long and Moutinho is a chief reason for that.
It's obviously too soon to judge but I was so encouraged by what I saw from Traore, looked to have all the qualities we're crying out for.

I was told, and posted on here, that Semedo was injured after Bournemouth and it seemed as though it was wrong as he was named on the bench against Southampton and then came on against City. However, maybe he has a knock?
Either way, if he is fully fit he has to play. The best full-back at the club by a mile.
Would go with Jonny on the left as he is better defensively for what is still a tough game but no issues if RAN plays.

Podence, Traore, Costa, RAN, Moutinho. That's a lot of options from the bench as well.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either of the following

Sa
Semedo kilman toti ran
Nunes neves
Traore podence Neto
Guedes

Or

Sa
Semedo kilman toti ran
Traore neves nunes
Traore podence Neto

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me a two man midfield of Neves and Nunes. No Moutinho who has offered nothing in recent games. Be more attacking and get 4 attackers on the pitch. Adama back as well.
Either of the following

Sa
Semedo kilman toti ran
Nunes neves
Traore podence Neto
Guedes

Or

Sa
Semedo kilman toti ran
Traore neves nunes
Traore podence Neto
I like that first one

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang has to play up front. His issues are technical, he will work hard, has decent physicality and can run in behind.

Costa won't be ready and I'd rather have him as a game changer anyway on the basis he won't be able to do 90 minutes.

Sa
Semedo, Kilman, Toti, Jonny
B. Traore, Neves, Nunes
Guedes, Hwang, Neto

Moutinho cannot play. It's horrible to dig him out but he's not contributing to games on the ball and he is a massive, massive weakness out of possession. Even in 10 minutes against City it was so refreshing to see Traore actually close people down and make challenges. We've been far too passive in midfield for too long and Moutinho is a chief reason for that.
It's obviously too soon to judge but I was so encouraged by what I saw from Traore, looked to have all the qualities we're crying out for.

I was told, and posted on here, that Semedo was injured after Bournemouth and it seemed as though it was wrong as he was named on the bench against Southampton and then came on against City. However, maybe he has a knock?
Either way, if he is fully fit he has to play. The best full-back at the club by a mile.
Would go with Jonny on the left as he is better defensively for what is still a tough game but no issues if RAN plays.

Podence, Traore, Costa, RAN, Moutinho. That's a lot of options from the bench as well.
Happy with this break down and anaylsis.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be fuming if he plays Podence in the middle of a 3
It just doesn’t work
I’m not really sure any of the available players work in the middle of a 3! It’s why I’d like 4 of the forward players to start. However I’m guessing Bruno will want 3 midfielders to help shield the back 4 as it will include Gomes (or possibly Mosquera).

I can live with starting 433. What will really bug me is if he doesn’t switch it with plenty of time left if we’re needing a goal.

Back
Top Bottom