Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v WHU

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not really sure any of the available players work in the middle of a 3! It’s why I’d like 4 of the forward players to start. However I’m guessing Bruno will want 3 midfielders to help shield the back 4 as it will include Gomes (or possibly Mosquera).

I can live with starting 433. What will really bug me is if he doesn’t switch it with plenty of time left if we’re needing a goal.
Switch Guedes and Podence around

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
We need goals to win the match, lots of pace, Costa served and fed..
My starting line-up is..

Sa

Semedo
Mosquera
Kilman
Ait Nouri

Nunes
Neves
Guedes

Traore
Costa
Hwang

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still surprised so many not including Costa in the starting line up. We don't know for sure how fit he is but even the 1st half would be good enough for me. We may even get 70 mins out of him - who knows? He has to be better than all the other options. They've proved they can't score.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Still surprised so many not including Costa in the starting line up. We don't know for sure how fit he is but even the 1st half would be good enough for me. We may even get 70 mins out of him - who knows? He has to be better than all the other options. They've proved they can't score.
He’s trained for two weeks after 9 months out we have to be cautious if he pulls his hammy or worse we’ll be absolutely ****ed

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
He’s trained for two weeks after 9 months out we have to be cautious if he pulls his hammy or worse we’ll be absolutely ****ed
True what you say Super Gran. But on the other hand, how long should Bruno wait?
Could wait till the Forest game, could wait longer, the Brighton game, and it still happen.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
I am going for this, 1st half, 70 mins.
If Costa is fed properly, keeps in the middle up top, he doesn't have to kill himself running all over the pitch doing a Harry Kane.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
True what you say Super Gran. But on the other hand, how long should Bruno wait?
Could wait till the Forest game, could wait longer, the Brighton game, and it still happen.
I’m just nervous after what happened with sasa I guess Costa himself will know which is why he said 2-3 weeks to get match fit
I’m expecting him to be on the bench for hammers and start against Chelsea

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
I’m just nervous after what happened with sasa I guess Costa himself will know which is why he said 2-3 weeks to get match fit
I’m expecting him to be on the bench for hammers and start against Chelsea
Your nerves are justified SuperGran.. :)
I think Bruno will do as you say, bench Hammers, start Chelsea.
But we need goals, and it has to be fixed somehow. When Costa plays the midfield/wingers have to serve him.. not leave him isolated.
Where he has to drop deeper and deeper in order to retrieve the ball himself which is energy sapping. He's 33, we have to support him.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti RAN
Nunes Neves
Neto Podence Guedes
Costa
If we can get an hour out of Costa would be brilliant, then bring on Hwang. Expecting a 4-3-3 with Moutinho in (seems to be undroppable despite his age) and Podence as the false nine.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we will know a little bit more at the presser what we may get out costa think its one week to soon, think 30 mins in the second half, maybe against Chelsea a little more, but a view to be starting by forest.

Said before, play hwang up there and tell him to bust his gut for 60 mins chasing and harassing, then bring costa for last 30

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thanks for that. You can see why he did so well, supported by Hazard and Fabregas. You have to think Costa up top with a firing Neto and Guedes/Traore could be special. Let's just hope he's still got it?!
Yes, 'upfront on his own' for Chelsea may have been a somewhat less lonely position than at Wolves.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, 'upfront on his own' for Chelsea may have been a somewhat less lonely position than at Wolves.
I mean... look at who they had playing wingback that season. That was most definitely a 3-4-3 and not a 5-2-3, which we still seem to be playing however which way you dress it up.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I appreciate he's trying not to say much, and that is right. However, someone missing pre-season seems a pretty dodgy reason not to give them a season's debut in October. Surely Toti will play. The news on Hwang is pretty desperate, busy month, and Costa is certainly not going to be able to do it on his own!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
forward options looking dire, id put it to diego today if im lage and ask him what can you give us are you ready , do you think you can give us 60 from the start?

With adama waiting in the wings?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I appreciate he's trying not to say much, and that is right. However, someone missing pre-season seems a pretty dodgy reason not to give them a season's debut in October. Surely Toti will play. The news on Hwang is pretty desperate, busy month, and Costa is certainly not going to be able to do it on his own!
Costa didn’t have pre season but likely to
Play?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez had 50% and we threw him in
This pre season ****e - with jimenez i think it was lage trying to blanket over the fact thats raul been carrying his injury and played through it.

In regard to toti and other players, i think its a case of they dont know the system or trust what he wants to play with.

He has literally penned everything on collins and kilman given them a lot of time, and i think thats why he was lining up mosquera to come on, as he was playing in preseason under the same guise

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This pre season ****e - with jimenez i think it was lage trying to blanket over the fact thats raul been carrying his injury and played through it.

In regard to toti and other players, i think its a case of they dont know the system or trust what he wants to play with.

He has literally penned everything on collins and kilman given them a lot of time, and i think thats why he was lining up mosquera to come on, as he was playing in preseason under the same guise
So play him then

Gomes is first choice back up and should start. He’s not just discovered football ffs. Put him in at CB

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m happy to be proved wrong but I think it would be ridiculous to play Jonny at cb in a back 4.
I suppose I can understand if Bruno has a reluctance to move killman over after he’s done so well on the left but it surely can’t be as bigger risk as putting Jonny there?
If he really thinks we are that weak in that position then I’d rather he went back to a back 3, which might work for Jonny to play part of better than in a 4.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m happy to be proved wrong but I think it would be ridiculous to play Jonny at cb in a back 4.
I suppose I can understand if Bruno has a reluctance to move killman over after he’s done so well on the left but it surely can’t be as bigger risk as putting Jonny there?
If he really thinks we are that weak in that position then I’d rather he went back to a back 3, which might work for Jonny to play part of better than in a 4.
Its going to be 4-3-3 isnt it, i hope he just sticks toti or mosquera in and not a back four

of semedo jonny kilman ran

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes the sale of Dendonker and loan of Coady seem even more odd (yes, I am aware that Coady probably wanted to go for first team football, once it was clear we were moving to a back 4)

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised so many are ignoring B.Traore. He's had enough time with the team now. With 5 subs now available it's not so much of a gamble to have a couple of players with only 45 minutes in them. I'd go with
Sa
Semedo, Mosquera, Kilman, Jonny
B.Traore, Neves, Nunes
A.Traore, Costa, Podence

Bring Neto and Guedes on for AT and DC respectively once they've done what we hope they will.

Back
Top Bottom