Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's wait and see him in a wolves shirt but before we get too worked up.

There is too much noise for it not to be close, but Pep or Klop might might make a last minute bid.

But on the wider point about Fosun changing back to splashing the cash, I think we are also going to have to wait until the end of the window. We may get a striker on loan, then see the like so Adama, MGW, Podence - or even Neves moved on the cover these in coming deals.

Until that window shuts we don't really know what their plans are to be honest.
However if you look at the squad numbers, we are still only just hitting a competitive number, esp. with the 5 sub rule, (which I believe is going to have a major tactical impact as coaches get used to it.

My view is that this is Fosun really going for it while the UEFA rules still give an opening. This is probably going to be even bigger than the Championship and first Premier seasons splurges. Fosun seem to be basing the shift on a realisation as to how hard it will be to retain the best players in two seasons' time.

Monswolf

Reaction score
No I am sorry but you dont get away with that. You and others actively supported the disastrous moves of January. Nothing to do with patience, just a bad call.
Dont want to cause too much agro but a disaster in January would oof been selling someone really important ie Neves leading to relegation. It was not great but def not a disaster, I agree that if we had spent some decent money then we might well of had a Euro adventure to look forward to again this year, however I am a great believer in what happens happens for a reason and without a shadow of a doubt if Nunes joins and if we add a semi decent striker we as a club will be the strongest I can ever remember both on and off the pitch. As others have said it seems the club have a vision of who they want and are not willing to make signings for the sake of it or just appease us fans. Remember sometimes its beneficial to take a small step backwards to enable you to make huge stride forwards

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn't switch strategy today did they?

Vindicated lol. When the club suggested our recent strategy was temporary, you completely ignored them and have been criticising them at every opportunity.

You don't come out of this a winner pal, hold your head in shame. You've been proved wrong and you've egg all over your face and dripping down your neck and off your nose.

Vindicated my ****.
You dont appear capable of responding rationally to the argument.

Its obvious there is a change of course.

The change of course is what critics have been calling for since the failures of January.

Fosun's strategy is now aligned with the analysis of critical voices.

That's textbook vindication.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I very much doubt we land players of the quality of Guedes and Nunes if we're looking to offload the likes of Neves

There must be some major assurances on the immediate and future plans
It's highly unlikely we sign those players early either. There is a hierarchy in football and we need to accept our position in it.

We've certainly gone up a few notches under the stewardship of "small time Jeff" though eh?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont want to cause too much agro but a disaster in January would oof been selling someone really important ie Neves leading to relegation. It was not great but def not a disaster, I agree that if we had spent some decent money then we might well of had a Euro adventure to look forward to again this year, however I am a great believer in what happens happens for a reason and without a shadow of a doubt if Nunes joins and if we add a semi decent striker we as a club will be the strongest I can ever remember both on and off the pitch. As others have said it seems the club have a vision of who they want and are not willing to make signings for the sake of it or just appease us fans. Remember sometimes its beneficial to take a small step backwards to enable you to make huge stride forwards
That's a fair argument.

I think it is probably opposite of what happened, however. Failure hang onto Adama to end of season and failure to bring in reinforcements in case of injury and tiredness when well placed for a top 6 finish must have seemed to Fosun as a disastrous self-harm.

It is no surprise to me that they have reversed their risk averse approach in the aftermath of that.

I have a suspicion also that Bruno has insisted on acknowledging what happened, and Fosun have listened.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The change of course is what critics have been calling for since the failures of January.

Your delusion is strong, I'll give you that. Along with the stench of ammonia emanating from your pants area.

You've been shown to be massively wrong. Own it. Accept it. Admit it.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wow

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However if you look at the squad numbers, we are still only just hitting a competitive number, esp. with the 5 sub rule, (which I believe is going to have a major tactical impact as coaches get used to it.

My view is that this is Fosun really going for it while the UEFA rules still give an opening. This is probably going to be even bigger than the Championship and first Premier seasons splurges. Fosun seem to be basing the shift on a realisation as to how hard it will be to retain the best players in two seasons' time.
What’s happened to eufa rules on finding/spending? I have completely missed any changes if they have come out so just hoping they apply to all unlike FFP does now.

MontyR

Reaction score
With Jordao gone I wonder who'll take the #6? Will Neves swap as he'll be playing a deeper role, or will Nunes take it? It's not a big deal I guess ha ha

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trust the Happy clappers & the Itk’s!
And don't believe everything the club says. I wonder if we'd have bought Nathan Collins for £20M if we'd not publicly stated our need to sell to buy? I wonder how much Nunes would have cost if it was common knowledge, we had £100M to spunk?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it wasn’t valid. We were financially constrained and Fosun and Jeff did a great job getting us through the pandemic and ffp considerations without taking on any more debt and maintaining a decent finish position in the Premier League.
Regardless of anyones pov at any point, it should never have warranted the levels of **** thrown in the club’s direction.
Furthermore if they hadn't done such a good job we would not be in a position to have a window like this!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You havent been vindicated. The club has just changed their policy. The risk averse approach of January was a major mistake, and this change of course is, at least partly, an acknowledgement of that. The fans who have been vindicated are the ones who were critical.
Jackanory

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are always extreme views . Those guys wont change.
But something has changed at Fosun.
We have been on the simmering plate , where we have stood for three years, and now we are moving on to the boiling plate.
Get us in the microwave :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemingly a good signing.
He can show us what he can do and hopefully live up to the hype.
Meanwhile there is still 16 days to go.
This news only goes to show that with the slightest shake some people go up like a bottle of pop.
Lets just hope that other deals don't see it all go flat.
So far so good, but it aint over till its over.
More media reports today about Man u and Neves

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do need a striker, and we will get one.

Would you have rather we panic bought someone like Mitrovic for circa £30m before the season started, or wait for much better? ...So many people claimed he was the answer, yet he lumbered around the pitch, doing **** all the entire match except miss a penalty.

Would you rather we had bought in Palinha instead of Nunes? Could have got him in much earlier... and the huge downgrade in ability would be totally worth it, right?

Not to mention, Mitrovic and Palinha (for example) would want the same wages as Nunes and Ramos ...(for example). Another good trade off? Sacrificing something good that will last 5 years, to prevent a bad 2 weeks?

There is a plan... and thankfully it is being carried out by people with a clear vision.
You mean they know what they are doing :tearsofjoy:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemingly a good signing.
He can show us what he can do and hopefully live up to the hype.
Meanwhile there is still 16 days to go.
This news only goes to show that with the slightest shake some people go up like a bottle of pop.
Lets just hope that other deals don't see it all go flat.
So far so good, but it aint over till its over.
More media reports today about Man u and Neves
If we hold onto Neves; sign Guedes and Nunes.. surely that shows serious intention to any striker flirting with the idea of joining Everton or Newcastle over us..

Especially if they’re Portuguese

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, and the ******* made a snide remark about him preferring Birmingham to London, after turning down West Ham. ******! I've emailed a complaint, #waituntilwe'retop6

I saw that as well. It was between 8 and 9 this morning and the ****er that announced it almost gave a sneer when saying preferring Bham to East London. I thought Sky Sports News were this wonderful diverse show now? Seemingly not.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we hold onto Neves; sign Guedes and Nunes.. surely that shows serious intention to any striker flirting with the idea of joining Everton or Newcastle over us..

Especially if they’re Portuguese
agree entirely.

Back
Top Bottom