Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair. I’m just very happy. I’ll stop if that’s how it’s perceived. Just happy to be a little right for a change.
I think we all are, I had more faith than most about our business in this window in recent weeks, so it definitely feels good to have that vindication and honestly just relief from knowing that the ambition is still there from Fosun to establish us as a top six club in the long term.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really dont think you can work at scoring goals. Its at least 80% natural desire and instincts. IMO.
Jimenez has it .
Hopefully our coaches dont agree with you. Yes there are some who have more of a natural talent for scoring but good coaches can bring about the desire you talk about which you could call hunger. And being on the front foot more, developing sharper sdie vision to know where your team mates are. Many aspects can be heightened to make a difference.
I believe on its own though that our three new signings plus any others will in itself have a knock on effect to see an improvement for the rest of the season. Maybe the Spurs match will be too soon but then we should enjoy climbing the division.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it with some posters on here who accuse posters of daring to be critical as man babys and telling them to **** off, whilst seemingly putting on point scoring posts on this thread? Why cant we all rejoice in a potentially outstanding signing. Yes some of us, including me are critical and have been and with good reason in the last 12 months, in my opinion. At the end of the day we all want the best for the club and have different opinions or this forum would be dead.

I will happily hold my hands up and say fair play to Fosun if they pull of these level of signings. I was genuinely worried a few weeks back and yes I have been critical and if this upsets some on here I apologise but being told to **** off seems very extreme and almost a lot of pent up rage in some posts against posters who dare challenge or show any criticism or concern.

I don't think it's the genuine criticism that's being called out Jos. Everyone who rationally criticises the club tends to do it through genuine worry and love for the club.

It's more the wild accusations of Fosun telling lies, having lost interest, or them stripping money out of the club, with absolutely no basis for any of it other than complete paranoia and mistrust of the messages we are told.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hopefully our coaches dont agree with you. Yes there are some who have more of a natural talent for scoring but good coaches can bring about the desire you talk about which you could call hunger. And being on the front foot more, developing sharper sdie vision to know where your team mates are. Many aspects can be heightened to make a difference.
I believe on its own though that our three new signings plus any others will in itself have a knock on effect to see an improvement for the rest of the season. Maybe the Spurs match will be too soon but then we should enjoy climbing the division.
Yeah agreed,
Jimenez didn't really score goals until he came too us, Salah didn't early in his career either.
A lot of players start pretty slowly and developed into beasts, far more players learn it and are successful. I'd actually say poachers, especially at youth level, are the riskiest bets.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd say we are another fullback and centre forward away from having two very competitive XIs for the first time in a very long time.

Sa/Sarkic

Semedo/Jonny---Collins/Boly---Kilman/Toti---Ait-Nouri/New FB

Neves/Moutinho---Nunes/Dendoncker

Neto/Traore---Gibbs-White/Podence---Guedes/Hwang

Raul/New CF​
I think we have very talented fullbacks in the youth team/reserves lambikisa (sp) bueno, and giles all look good prospects and I wouldn’t mind saving the money and giving one of them a chance if needed. Especially as Jonny can cover both sides.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think we have very talented fullbacks in the youth team/reserves lambikisa (sp) bueno, and giles all look good prospects and I wouldn’t mind saving the money and giving one of them a chance if needed. Especially as Jonny can cover both sides.
Yeah, being greedy a FB would be good (probably a more defensive guy) especially as I am worried massively about Jonny but not a major concern of mine atm.

Giles don't think is good enough to be honest, doesn't seemed to have developed a jot as a defender but hope to be wrong.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, Hugo Bueno is a serious talent, I don't think they sign a left back, as like you say Jonny is first cover on both sides (or starts).

R

reanswolf

Gleeful we’ve signed a world class player?? I’m over the bloody moon!
It makes me happy to feel a little vindicated for showing some patience.
It’s not all about being miserable.
No I get that, but those who somehow feel remotely personally gleeful, I think it says more about them as individuals.

Anyway, need the announcement before I feel gleeful. A new quality midfielder!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah agreed,
Jimenez didn't really score goals until he came too us, Salah didn't early in his career either.
A lot of players start pretty slowly and developed into beasts, far more players learn it and are successful. I'd actually say poachers, especially at youth level, are the riskiest bets.

Harry Kane is a perfect example.

At the age of 20, in the 2013/14 season, he played 10 Premier League games for Spurs, scoring 3 goals that season.

The following season, at the age of 21, he scored 21 in 34 PL games and 31 goals in 51 games in all competitions.

A long way to go, but that could be Fabio Silva next season!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah. Or as others have pointed out it might be that we bring in a left sided player that can cover at centre back or full back.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah agreed,
Too right ...........if you have ever seen my attempts at poaching eggs - thst's risky. :D

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Harry Kane is a perfect example.

At the age of 20, in the 2013/14 season, he played 10 Premier League games for Spurs, scoring 3 goals that season.

The following season, at the age of 21, he scored 21 in 34 PL games and 31 goals in 51 games in all competitions.

A long way to go, but that could be Fabio Silva next season!
Lewandowski was about a 1 in 3 goalscorer in Polish 2nd/3rd divisions until he was 19/20. Only played 3 times for their U21s. Might be the best pure CF we've seen (perhaps Benzema) over the last 20 or so years.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it with some posters on here who accuse posters of daring to be critical as man babys and telling them to **** off, whilst seemingly putting on point scoring posts on this thread? Why cant we all rejoice in a potentially outstanding signing. Yes some of us, including me are critical and have been and with good reason in the last 12 months, in my opinion. At the end of the day we all want the best for the club and have different opinions or this forum would be dead.

I will happily hold my hands up and say fair play to Fosun if they pull of these level of signings. I was genuinely worried a few weeks back and yes I have been critical and if this upsets some on here I apologise but being told to **** off seems very extreme and almost a lot of pent up rage in some posts against posters who dare challenge or show any criticism or concern.
Saying 'Fair play' is a bit weak in comparison to the vitriol you've been spouting for months. It's gone far beyond criticism and concern

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right ...........if you have ever seen my attempts at poaching eggs - thst's risky. :D

Add a splash of vinegar to the water, it helps to holds the whites together more and removes any impurities.

Place the egg into the pan, in its shell, for about 10-20 seconds before cracking it into the pan. Again this helps them hold together.

Make sure the water is swirled, or on a rolling boil as you crack them in.

1 minute, then turn the pan right down/off. Another 1 and a half minutes and you'll have the perfect poached egg.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is about balance. Jeff Shi said a lot in his interview earlier this year that made a number of us on here , including me , very nervous on the back of several poor windows. I am very happy to treat the upturn with delight and hope that its a step in the right direction with regard to future strategy and ethos of how we will operate.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was me thinking this was a thread about Nunes. I must be wrong......

dnf14

Reaction score
It is about balance. Jeff Shi said a lot in his interview earlier this year that made a number of us on here , including me , very nervous on the back of several poor windows. I am very happy to treat the upturn with delight and hope that its a step in the right direction with regard to future strategy and ethos of how we will operate.
It does tickle me that we were being frugal with Jeff spouting "judge us at the end of the window" and "of course there's money available" and this year, when his language hinted towards living within our own means/tightening our belts that we spaff £100m.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Great news super excited

I wonder if the strategy has changed very quickly, rumours of additional investment

Because it’s sounded like sell to buy and now a very different strategy. So we have either got some new investment (we’ve been looking for a while) or this was always the plan and we’ve played a great game of poker.

Exciting times can’t stop refreshing Twitter

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, Hugo Bueno is a serious talent, I don't think they sign a left back, as like you say Jonny is first cover on both sides (or starts).

Apologies a little off topic as its not Nunes specific, but it was raised on this thread.

We have some very good young players that, prior to a switch to a four, would have been ideal at wing-back (Bueno & Giles). The trouble is, neither are great defensively and both excel going forward (Bueno himself was a winger/forward when he joined but we converted him to a wing back).

Not saying it can't be worked on, but I don't think a switch to a back 4 has done them any favours for imminent 1st team consideration, as much as we'd like to see it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather move on Podence than MGW to be honest but he won't fetch anywhere near the same fee.

Me, too. Forest would surely be able to afford £20M for Podence? Would be in mourning to see him go. But for Forest, well worth it , for a player so consistent, reliable and injury free. Honest!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies a little off topic as its not Nunes specific, but it was raised on this thread.

We have some very good young players that, prior to a switch to a four, would have been ideal at wing-back (Bueno & Giles). The trouble is, neither are great defensively and both excel going forward (Bueno himself was a winger/forward when he joined but we converted him to a wing back).

Not saying it can't be worked on, but I don't think a switch to a back 4 has done them any favours for imminent 1st team consideration, as much as we'd like to see it.
A fair point, but I do think Bueno has shown he can defend as well. At the end of the day he's only 19, so maybe it's a bit early to be considering him as depth, but with Jonny covering both sides it would require two full backs out injured for him to come into the side. I'm not sure there are many left backs out there that would want to just us as fourth string.

Back
Top Bottom