Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK mate, I'd say his performance when he came on at Anfield wouldn't have put them off! You seem to be just assuming that someone else has a logical argument for their opinion, rather than just having a rant at a quality player. I'll leave it there for now and maybe we can rejoin the discussion in May to see if the point was correct.
And I'd say his performance against them at Molineux may well have put them off. But both of those are just isolated games. You seem to be just assuming that others are just having a rant at a player rather than having a logical argument based on watching him play nearly 20 games for Wolves, so it goes both ways. You are entitled to your opinion and others are entitled to theirs, and both are valid.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
He’s done OK - take the strong opinions at either end of the spectrum out of things and he’s been OK.

He’s yet another one who hasn’t stepped up and contributed the goals and assists we need if we are going to stay in the league. But at times he looks a class above most of the team.

Surrounded by better players he would flourish, but that’s no comfort for us now in the situation we are in.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Nunes looks better in a midfield 2.
Maybe because it gives him more space to operate in.
In fact I think the whole team generally looks better in one of the systems with a midfield 2.
4-2-3-1

Sa (still needs competition)
Semedo Collins KIlman Bueno/Ran
Neves(mouts) Nunes (Lemina)
Neto Podence Sarabia
Cunha

Cunha Podence Sarabia
NEW CF

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-2-3-1

Neto Podence Sarabia
Cunha

Cunha Podence Sarabia
NEW CF
Yep, that kinda thing.
Or 442 with 2 of RAN Traore and Neto on the wings.
Even bring Dawson in and 343.

However I suspect we’ll mostly stick with 433.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
2 players with more than 1 goal (one of them the CDM)
1 player with more than one assist (Moutinho)

I hope Podence can carry on contributing and Sarabia and Cunha can give us more of a cutting edge. For all the arguments about the defence and midfield it's pretty obvious where the real problem is.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not played very much in his best position (as a more traditional number 8), Lage played him far too high up the pitch.

Is he struggling because now he is getting the ball where he likes it but has nothing ahead of him to work with? Yesterday for example, Adama just stands there, Hwang runs round like a headless chicken and Raul is more often than not in a position that helps no one out on the wing or coming deep in to midfield.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’s shown glimpses in other games but today was the first time it came together for a full 90 minutes.

As good an all-round performance as anyone has put in this season. Quick, determined in the tackle, carries the ball superbly and genuinely two-footed.

The goal was alright as well.

I said on the other thread. With a full season under his belt here, I reckon he could be our most influential player next season.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played right wing most of the game
He did and how much more natural was he on that side of the pitch? He also tucked in a lot making it a midfield three and a lot of his best work was when he did that...

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How typical that he looks like he's found some good form then immediately gets a bad injury.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How typical that he looks like he's found some good form then immediately gets a bad injury.

Do we know he got badly injured though? I thought he may have been exhausted, was carrying something (hamstring?) but after all he was not taken on a stretcher.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best game from Nunes so far.....now he needs to show that in every game.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of Nunes. I'm hoping this isnt a false dawn with him like we saw with Trincao a few times.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Perhaps with Neves and Moutinho gone Nunes will come good next season. More central and forward, he could be a playmaker and goal scorer. Lemina the sitter and B Traore box to box.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Perhaps with Neves and Moutinho gone Nunes will come good next season. More central and forward, he could be a playmaker and goal scorer. Lemina the sitter and B Traore box to box.
Traore ahead of Pitbull after his great performance again today?…the kid is gonna be a star for us.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes looked more determined today when he came on, a few driving runs forward. Maybe hes got something to prove? I've been very critical of him, but hopefully he can be a key player for us next season.

Back
Top Bottom