Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't give a **** about big prices just to say we are splashing the cash. Id be even more annoyed with their track record and potentially have an affect on the club down the line? Nah your alright, pay within our means, if sell to buy Is the way so be it.
Then hopefully sign better, Neves likely to be sold for less than cost of Fabio and Hwang.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Can we sweep Fabio, Cutrone, Hwang, Hoever, Podence under the carpet.
Villa got £100 mill for greasy Jack, whilst we will struggle to get 50 mill or equivalent for Ruben.
Almost forgot the Traore to Barcelona crap - We may as well have taken 15 mill cash off spuds when they were interested.
Wonder what the final day of the window will bring us??

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So interesting question, would you prefer Villa's owners who are prepared to continue spending big, wisely or not, or Fosun who need to sell our best player to invest, not to mention the fee for Hwang?
Didn't we have a poll along these lines after the January window? It fizzled out due to lack of interest when the "ambition" of our neighbors came to very little. Who cares what they do?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are more ambitious - it isn’t even a question

Luckily they have Mings and poor management
They will struggle to offload players on good wages that will become an issue very soon

Carlos ain’t a bad player but he’s hot headed would be easy to wind up

Reactions: Ned

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we sweep Fabio, Cutrone, Hwang, Hoever, Podence under the carpet.
Villa got £100 mill for greasy Jack, whilst we will struggle to get 50 mill or equivalent for Ruben.
Almost forgot the Traore to Barcelona crap - We may as well have taken 15 mill cash off spuds when they were interested.
Wonder what the final day of the window will bring us??
You’re including Podence in that? He’s one of our most creative attacking players.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money doesn't equal ambition. They spent 100 million last summer to finish four places below us who barely spent a penny

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kamara and Carlos are great signings.

If you honestly think one person on here would be critical if we signed either then you're mad. Some might claim they wouldn't want them anyway now that they've gone to Villa, but I don't believe you to be honest.

I also find the sneering towards signings like Ings, Coutinho and Buendia a bit baffling.

The latter two were much more productive than our attacking midfielders and Ings, their second choice forward, scored more than our first choice forward. Also, all are clearly good players to anyone who watches. Bailey has admittedly been a poor signing, likewise Sanson before, but look at our recent business. Exactly like Villa, there's good, there's bad and there's average.

Despite the talk on here, everyone knows the trajectories of the two clubs right now are polar opposite and we all know we won't be singing 'Mind the Gap' again.

This isn't a criticism of us necessarily by the way, it's just acknowledging Villa are signing some excellent players and now have a very good squad.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Much as it pains me to say it - unfortunately Vile will probably get it right in one of the windows. We are left hoping that
Jeff /Scott/Vinny & Jorge can cobble together some inexperienced over-valued players from Jorge's portfolio on deadline day.
As regards Daniel - he hasn't really played consistently or delivered goals for us to justify his £17 mill fee

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if Villa had good scouts and looked past the season coming instead? They could be an actual force then.

Saying that I’m a bit jealous as to how early they get the deals done. Regardless of whether they’re good or bad deals their business people realise that the longer they faff around negotiating the more chance there is of other clubs’ interest and the more chance there is of a deal not happening.

I’d also be a little worried if I was a Villa fan as a lot of them started to hate Gerrard and now the club are backing him massively.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you honestly think one person on here would be critical if we signed either then you're mad. Some might claim they wouldn't want them anyway now that they've gone to Villa, but I don't believe you to be honest.

I also find the sneering towards signings like Ings, Coutinho and Buendia a bit baffling.

The latter two were much more productive than our attacking midfielders and Ings, their second choice forward, scored more than our first choice forward. Also, all are clearly good players to anyone who watches. Bailey has admittedly been a poor signing, likewise Sanson before, but look at our recent business. Exactly like Villa, there's good, there's bad and there's average.

Despite the talk on here, everyone knows the trajectories of the two clubs right now are polar opposite and we all know we won't be singing 'Mind the Gap' again.

This isn't a criticism of us necessarily by the way, it's just acknowledging Villa are signing some excellent players and now have a very good squad.
Not a criticism of us but 'we won't be singing mind the gap again'?

Agreed 2 good signings but let's see where the 2 squads are when the season starts though

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thing is....lots of people said this last season!

I like that Kamara and agree they will eventually get it right. But spending big money on late twenty players just doesn't strike me as the right thing to do unless they're absolutely world class. But I'm almost certainly coloured by the fact that I'm a massive wolves fan so I'm probably subconsciously biased

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't we have a poll along these lines after the January window? It fizzled out due to lack of interest when the "ambition" of our neighbors came to very little. Who cares what they do?
So why posters commenting on their signing?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if Villa had good scouts and looked past the season coming instead? They could be an actual force then.

Saying that I’m a bit jealous as to how early they get the deals done. Regardless of whether they’re good or bad deals their business people realise that the longer they faff around negotiating the more chance there is of other clubs’ interest and the more chance there is of a deal not happening.

I’d also be a little worried if I was a Villa fan as a lot of them started to hate Gerrard and now the club are backing him massively.
Also if I was a Villa fan I'd be worried about Michael Beale getting the QPR job which he has been linked with today, is very much a key aspect of Gerrard's coaching team.. Feel Gerrard would struggle more without him tbh!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also if I was a Villa fan I'd be worried about Michael Beale getting the QPR job which he has been linked with today, is very much a key aspect of Gerrard's coaching team.. Feel Gerrard would struggle more without him tbh!
I’m not convinced with Gerrard yet. He’s currently at the start of the most expensive Liverpool audition ever. He will have an element of success with Villa simply because he’s got good players but he actually has to make them play together as a team.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d do cartwheels if we looked at the season coming instead of signing players to join up with the 23s or join grasshoppers.

I know this is short term thinking but we’re paying top dollar for tickets now and I’m sick of being as bored as I have been for over 2 years now.

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d do cartwheels if we looked at the season coming instead of signing players to join up with the 23s or join grasshoppers.

I know this is short term thinking but we’re paying too dollar for tickets now and I’m sick of being as bored as I have been for over 2 years now.
We are the other end of the spectrum! We’ve gone too far towards the “one for the future” side of things and need to realise that without a good present it will all be for nothing.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is....lots of people said this last season!

I like that Kamara and agree they will eventually get it right. But spending big money on late twenty players just doesn't strike me as the right thing to do unless they're absolutely world class. But I'm almost certainly coloured by the fact that I'm a massive wolves fan so I'm probably subconsciously biased
But in terms of Wolves against Villa it is different now because not only are they strengthening but we're getting weaker.

You also have to take into consideration that all the stats suggested we were in a false position this season.

I expect them to comfortably finish above us as their squad is (or will be) on a completely different level. The bookies odds will reflect that as well, so all you lot who are having digs can instead just post your betting slips come August :)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yet their second half of the season was worse than ours statistically. With these players you wax lyrical about.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much as it pains me to say it - unfortunately Vile will probably get it right in one of the windows. We are left hoping that
Jeff /Scott/Vinny & Jorge can cobble together some inexperienced over-valued players from Jorge's portfolio on deadline day.
As regards Daniel - he hasn't really played consistently or delivered goals for us to justify his £17 mill fee
Why will they get it right though? What have they suggested so far that will be the case? Spent shed loads last two windows to finish lower than last summer

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know this is short term thinking but we’re paying too dollar for tickets now and I’m sick of being as bored as I have been for over 2 years now.
Too right mate!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But in terms of Wolves against Villa it is different now because not only are they strengthening but we're getting weaker.

You also have to take into consideration that all the stats suggested we were in a false position this season.

I expect them to comfortably finish above us as their squad is (or will be) on a completely different level. The bookies odds will reflect that as well, so all you lot who are having digs can instead just post your betting slips come August :)
Wish I'd put that bet on last year :)

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding of FFP is essentially that it’s purely something that can act as a shield (excuse) for owners who don’t want to spend.

Any owners who want to spend very clearly can do with zero repercussions from what I can see, Villa being a prime example.

Whether they spend wisely is irrelevant. I’m not having FFP cannot be easily evaded by premier league clubs. It’s literally happening infront of our eyes.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

We will finish above them.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One point, no one not one single person can say villa will finish above us. It’s absolutely not a forgone conclusion. Investment is not a magic wand, hence them having a mass influx of players in the last two windows and finishing lower than they did the season before.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FWIW we’ve been here before. Villa a few times, Everton and even Fulham. Yet here we are still looking down on them despite spending the net sum of naff all since the first transfer window back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom