Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t on about next season, I was on about last. See I deal in actual truth, as opposed to making things up :)
I commented about Kamara and Carlos initially.

They are two great signings IMO and that, combined with us getting worse IMO, means they will comfortably finish above us.

That's all I've said on this thread.

You argued initially but now seem to be backtracking. Last season is now irrelevant.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They are two great signings IMO and that, combined with us getting worse IMO, means they will comfortably finish above us.

You argued initially but now seem to be backtracking. Last season is now irrelevant.
How can you say we are getting worse when we haven't lost or signed anyone yet?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villas approach is the opposite of ours, older players, no resale, hope next season is "the one". So far it's failed miserably and all those on here talking up their business just ignore that. They look like a Brummie Everton to me but hey, maybe they will get top 10 next year. In 2 years they are looking at another rebuild.
Kamara looks a good buy but the others that have signed or are linked not so much.
As with the very similar comments last season we will see.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not bothered by what Villa are doing.

The age profile, resale value and wages they will be chucking at the players are setting them up to fail in my view. Early signings don’t necessarily mean good signings.
I’d always like early signings as it means they get a pre season with the squad but there’s also something to be said for hanging on for the right player and not simply acting like it’s the Boxing Day sales with limited stock.

Villa are going to end up with a glut of depreciating players whose wages they will have to subsidise to get them out of the door to other clubs if they aren’t careful.

Between us and Villa the best way to go about things probably lays somewhere in the middle.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t on about next season, I was on about last.

No backtracking here. You praised ings and buendia etc and criticised those you said they weren’t all that.

Despite these players villa were statistically worse than us in the second half of the season, as they were in the first.

There’s no backtracking, it’s what you said. You struggle to deal in facts only conjecture, then you disappear when you get it wrong, and reappear when things aren’t going so well.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One point, no one not one single person can say villa will finish above us. It’s absolutely not a forgone conclusion. Investment is not a magic wand, hence them having a mass influx of players in the last two windows and finishing lower than they did the season before.
It generally is a magic wand.

By your theory I can't say Manchester City will finish in the top four? Or above us? Of course I can.

Yes, Villa aren't at Manchester City's level but the point stands. I can say City will finish above us because they have more money and a better squad.

There's (sadly) very little unpredictability in football nowadays.

We could easily predict 7 of the top 10 next season and probably 10 of the top 14, at least. Why? Because they all have money.

Even Manchester United, at their lowest ever ebb, at the most embarrassing they've ever been, still finish top six after giving up for the final part of the season!

Money talks and we have none of it whilst Villa have a lot of it.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But in terms of Wolves against Villa it is different now because not only are they strengthening but we're getting weaker.

You also have to take into consideration that all the stats suggested we were in a false position this season.

I expect them to comfortably finish above us as their squad is (or will be) on a completely different level. The bookies odds will reflect that as well, so all you lot who are having digs can instead just post your betting slips come August :)
That's the difference. Betting on a team and supporting one. I would be bankrupt by now if I just placed bets on the Wolves, but I don't regret supporting them. I couldn't care less who Villa buy, when they do it, or what they spend. This is meant to be a Wolves transfer thread.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kamara and Carlos are great signings.

If you honestly think one person on here would be critical if we signed either then you're mad. Some might claim they wouldn't want them anyway now that they've gone to Villa, but I don't believe you to be honest.

I also find the sneering towards signings like Ings, Coutinho and Buendia a bit baffling.

The latter two were much more productive than our attacking midfielders and Ings, their second choice forward, scored more than our first choice forward. Also, all are clearly good players to anyone who watches. Bailey has admittedly been a poor signing, likewise Sanson before, but look at our recent business. Exactly like Villa, there's good, there's bad and there's average.

Despite the talk on here, everyone knows the trajectories of the two clubs right now are polar opposite and we all know we won't be singing 'Mind the Gap' again.

This isn't a criticism of us necessarily by the way, it's just acknowledging Villa are signing some excellent players and now have a very good squad.
You’ve literally said it here !!!
“Everyone knows the trajectories….”

Please don’t speak for me!!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No backtracking here. You praised ings and buendia etc and criticised those you said they weren’t all that.

Despite these players villa were statistically worse than us in the second half of the season, as they were in the first.

There’s no backtracking, it’s what you said. You struggle to deal in facts only conjecture, then you disappear when you get it wrong, and reappear when things aren’t going so well.
I said how can we criticise their signings when they've done more than ours? That doesn't mean I think they're great, it means how can we laugh at Ings when he scored more than our first-choice striker? You tell me.

How can we laugh at them signing Coutinho when he's scored more than all our AM in half the time?

The final part of the season has little to do with making a prediction about next season.

United were 11th in the last 20 games, do you think they'll finish 11th next season? Obviously not.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

By your theory I can't say Manchester City will finish in the top four? Or above us? Of course I can.

Yes, Villa aren't at Manchester City's level but the point stands. I can say City will finish above us because they have more money and a better squad.

We could easily predict 7 of the top 10 next season and probably 10 of the top 14, at least. Why? Because they all have money.

Even Manchester United, at their lowest ever ebb, at the most embarrassing they've ever been, still finish top six after giving up for the final part of the season!

So by proxy you say we will finish lower than 14th? Ill take that bet

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fwiw I think Kamara is a great signing, I thought Soumare was too.

Doubtful whether he’s ready for this league immediately all the time as well.

The CB has experience but is also a walking pen machine plus the wages and money on a short term buy is very risky for a club finishing where it does.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The latter two were much more productive than our attacking midfielders and Ings, their second choice forward, scored more than our first choice forward.

I'd hope they were more productive than our attacking midfielders, because we don't have any at the club.

Ings, recurrent knee issues, no resale value, and 30M+ transfer fee and well over 120k a week wages for 7 goals... Hardly great for "second choice" (and he wasn't second choice, he started the vast majority of games when he wasn't injured last season). Was snide in the summer while everybody on here was filling their Pampers, and I'm still snide about it now.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You said “we all know we won’t be singing mind the gap” do we all know this? Are they suddenly so vastly improved that they’re guaranteed to finish above us??

Your analogy of city is awful. It’s not what I was saying at all. City are already at a level, they’re there now. Villa are hoping to improve and no one knows how those players will perform. In the same way they’ve brought in lots of players in two windows and gone backwards.

Villa are a modern version of 90s wolves. Chucking big money at half decent players, over paying them and hoping for the best. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Gerrard is the first manager sacked next season

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hope they were more productive than our attacking midfielders, because we don't have any at the club.

Ings, recurrent knee issues, no resale value, and 30M+ transfer fee and well over 120k a week wages for 7 goals... Hardly great for "second choice" (and he wasn't second choice, he started the vast majority of games when he wasn't injured last season). Was snide in the summer while everybody on here was filling their Pampers, and I'm still snide about it now.
Very pedantic. Coutinho, Buendia can be compared to Neto, Podence etc. as similar positions and our players don't compare well.

Once again, I have not said Ings is a great signing. I have said we shouldn't be laughing at them for making a poor signing when he has scored more goals than any of our strikers. That's obvious isn't it?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said how can we criticise their signings when they've done more than ours? That doesn't mean I think they're great, it means how can we laugh at Ings when he scored more than our first-choice striker? You tell me.

How can we laugh at them signing Coutinho when he's scored more than all our AM in half the time?

The final part of the season has little to do with making a prediction about next season.

United were 11th in the last 20 games, do you think they'll finish 11th next season? Obviously not.
Because what have these signings enabled them to do?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ings is a good player ,I'd have him at wolves.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not about a big bet, it’s about having a level head, using your brain and not your emotions, and using facts to correlate your view, not your assumptions.
It is.

Stop having a go at me to such an extent for my opinion if you're not going to back it up. If you think I'm talking such **** about Villa, bet on us to finish above them. It's quite simple.

I said that to stop all these arguments as I really can't be bothered with it. So, instead of bickering, you do it. I don't believe you will bet on us to finish above Villa because I don't think you really believe it.

I have used my brain and a level head.

According to stats, which I place a big emphasis on, such as xG and so on, they were better than us this season.

So I don't think there's much between us at all for a starter.

Then you have that they've added Carlos and Kamara, two players who I think are very, very good players.

Then, I expect us to lose Neves and I don't trust our recruitment team to replace him and I don't think we've got the money to attract high calibre players - like Carlos & Kamara who would fill positions we need and improve our XI immediately.

So my view is logical to me and I have little doubt Villa will finish above us - and if I can get odds that make it worthwhile I will walk the walk and put money on it. Unfortunately I expect they will be odds on to do so :)

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
As beautiful as it is to finish above Vile, at end of day, does it really matter? Their expensive transfer dealings may just gel next season and they may push top 6. Not even a week has passed since season ended. Patience is a virtue and all that......

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's more to do with timing than money spent/ambition.

We haven't signed a CB or CM of any note for 3 or 4 years now and desperately need them them this summer and Villa are doing more early business again.
And what has this early business allowed them to achieve ? That’s the point?
I’d much rather we had five lined up right now, but if it means waiting for the right player then I’ll wait.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding of FFP is essentially that it’s purely something that can act as a shield (excuse) for owners who don’t want to spend.

Any owners who want to spend very clearly can do with zero repercussions from what I can see, Villa being a prime example.

Whether they spend wisely is irrelevant. I’m not having FFP cannot be easily evaded by premier league clubs. It’s literally happening infront of our eyes.
Premier Leagues FFP has been proven to be worthless, but UEFA’s isn’t, especially if you’re not one of their special clubs.

That’s obviously only relevant if you qualify though but surely that’s the aim for a club like Villa, and when they do then they’ll get penalised and forced in to a break even agreement which will hamstring them and ensure they’re no longer a threat to the current top table.

Unless Villa follow Evertons path and spend shedloads to still miss out on Europe in which case it’ll mean nothing anyway.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is.

Stop having a go at me to such an extent for my opinion if you're not going to back it up. If you think I'm talking such **** about Villa, bet on us to finish above them. It's quite simple.

I said that to stop all these arguments as I really can't be bothered with it. So, instead of bickering, you do it. I don't believe you will bet on us to finish above Villa because I don't think you really believe it.

I have used my brain and a level head.

According to stats, which I place a big emphasis on, such as xG and so on, they were better than us this season.

So I don't think there's much between us at all for a starter.

Then you have that they've added Carlos and Kamara, two players who I think are very, very good players.

Then, I expect us to lose Neves and I don't trust our recruitment team to replace him and I don't think we've got the money to attract high calibre players - like Carlos & Kamara who would fill positions we need and improve our XI immediately.

So my view is logical to me and I have little doubt Villa will finish above us - and if I can get odds that make it worthwhile I will walk the walk and put money on it. Unfortunately I expect they will be odds on to do so :)
The only stat that matters is the league table, and there’s your undoing. I’ll stop the bickering, it’s not fair on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom