Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think our agreement was for €20m or about £17m. Not excessive at all when compared to other signings we have made.

Maybe not comparably but in isolation it is a lot in my own personal opinion. RAN is a good comparison I think given both arrived with similar deals on the table at the same time. I believed he played more, showed more and we then managed to negotiate the fee down also. Compared to RAN I think he would have been too expensive at that price.

But hey, we all have opinions. Looks like he'll be some player and in this case you read it better than I did!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Claims neves = 70 mil
And that Sporting want £21m for Palhinha.

Palhinha + £49m for Neves would soften the blow of him going as that would be a decent wedge towards other areas of the squad that need improvement.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that Sporting want £21m for Palhinha.

Palhinha + £49m for Neves would soften the blow of him going as that would be a decent wedge towards other areas of the squad that need improvement.
Cant see us getting 70 mil for Neves closer to 50 would be my guess,be nice to be proved wrong though :)

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing feels on a knife edge this summer, the whole of Fosun's era will be in the balance and all they have built over the last 5 years

Turning over a squad is so hard to do in this quantity... I still have faith, more than most, as I think with Mendes in our corner etc. and all we have sacrificed recently in terms of deals with him we have too much stock in our corner to let it all go south at this time... we're too well connected to just let the bottom fall out and too many are invested in our success to shaft us on transfers now

Its going to be some ride, but I'm staying calm and giving the benefit of a lot of doubt to get this recycle right and give Bruno the team he wants to change our playing style. I just don't see Mendes hanging us out to dry now... there's nothing in that for Gestifute to let it happen

A hell of a lot to do is right, biggest summer of recent times is here finally and I for one have already started my transfer therapy sessions to get me through it!
I see what your saying but clubs that tend to do it in this country are promoted clubs who sideline their players who got them there and **** them off and cause squad unrest in the process , we seem to be offloading ours first , it works in Europe time will tell if it works for us

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Vitinha - i wasnt overly impressed when hecwas here, and not worth the fee, however Nuno seemed to play him in a CAM role when he did play whereas i thought he was supposed to be a Moutinho type defensive midfielder, ie we played him out of position. If we had signed him, he still would not have played much last season as Neves and Moutinho were first choice.
With Moutinho maybe going we would at least have his replacement already here.
Its called succession planning!!!

Re Raul - not surprised we are listening to offers but if we add Raul to the list of outgoings (Saiss, Moutinho, Neves, Ruddy), added to the poorer form of Boly and Donk not exactly pulling up trees, and Traore likely to go then thats the spine gone and we have to really get lucky with every single transfer in. How likely is that?
Oh and Bruno wanted to add quality to what we have to have two decent players per position. Not going to happen is it.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good signing that and a lot cheaper than Newcastle offered in January

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Carlos was like 22!

Never seen him play but he's highly rated.

Let's hope for their sake that it isn't a repeat of Ings, Buendia and Bailey, who probably have lost 2/3 of their retail value!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not hanging around are they are they. Kamara signed as well.

Mings may be on borrowed time!

It shows Villa must have made plans for these 2 signings (and probably more) months ago. I just hope we have been the same.
Yes, that's the one thing I think Villa are much better at.

Their transfers have a hilarious ability to be useless, but they actually seem to have a plan that they enact early.

The plan has been tosh up until now, but at least they have a plan! Whenever I hear someone at Wolves telling us to trust the plan, I think of a bid for Kiefer Moore at 1030 on deadline day

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah cause their track record for successful buys is cracking aint it.
So interesting question, would you prefer Villa's owners who are prepared to continue spending big, wisely or not, or Fosun who need to sell our best player to invest, not to mention the fee for Hwang?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooohhhh. Was that him? Thought it was Kounde

100% him.

Bombscare of a defender.

Villa once again paying the asking price and throwing good money after bad, just like with Ings last year.

Never comes back to haunt them though.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rafa silva is 29 and the 20 million fee will be dead money. We are jealous of villa.
I would be surprised and a bit peeved if we sign Rafa. A 29 year old whose main attribute is his pace is never a wise buy.

The one buy Villa made of whom I was truly jealous was Digne. Think he's brilliant. I just don't think buying 7/10 29 year olds is a good strategy. If they don't hit the ground running, you're ****ed. My instinct is they will do an Everton but I thought they would be top half last season so my instincts are really right

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% him.

Bombscare of a defender.

Villa once again paying the asking price and throwing good money after bad, just like with Ings last year.

Never comes back to haunt them though.
You're absolutely right - just rewatched. What a horrible tackle....just needed to leave Traore and he'd have skied it

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So interesting question, would you prefer Villa's owners who are prepared to continue spending big, wisely or not, or Fosun who need to sell our best player to invest, not to mention the fee for Hwang?

Couldn't give a **** about big prices just to say we are splashing the cash. Id be even more annoyed with their track record and potentially have an affect on the club down the line? Nah your alright, pay within our means, if sell to buy Is the way so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom