Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think numbers may well reduce
Probably as much due to the substantial hike in the cost of living as much as the quality of the product.

It might just be me but at the end of the day I can live with crap entertainment on the field because it's the club I love.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like Mendes did us favours to get us in the prem, and now our whole purpose is to help his other clubs as we have the TV money.

We got shafted with Adama and we'll get shafted with Neves too.
And Jota considering we still haven't been paid fully

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like Mendes did us favours to get us in the prem, and now our whole purpose is to help his other clubs as we have the TV money.

We got shafted with Adama and we'll get shafted with Neves too.

It can be argued we paid overprice for Semedo as well. Also the fee we've to pay if we don't use the option to buy Trincao is quite large, while Barca, as far as we know don't have to pay anything if they don't use the option on Adama.

It's not like deals them are necessarily only for their benefit. Semedo is a good player, and most of us thought Trincao would do well.
Its that the deals had a tendency to favour them more than us.
A deal involving Neves will no doubt be the same. They get a world class player. We'll get a bit of cash, and a few youngsters who might be talentet, but will be unproven at PL level.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Newcastle rumoured to pay £50m to sign Lukas Paqueta from Lyon. Him, Guimaraes and Joelinton in midfield…

…just like watching Brazil…

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How very interesting on that one, quite nice to know that we were doing something and he did agree to it, arsenals up turn and getting europa league may have changed his mind or a big pay packet. But can you sign something then opt out - depends on these contract terms.

Sounds like hes been wrongly advised and signed a legal framework he maybe shouldnt have if he wasnt decided

dnf14

Reaction score
How very interesting on that one, quite nice to know that we were doing something and he did agree to it, arsenals up turn and getting europa league may have changed his mind or a big pay packet. But can you sign something then opt out - depends on these contract terms.

Sounds like hes been wrongly advised and signed a legal framework he maybe shouldnt have if he wasnt decided
Sounds similar to Pape Gueye cancelling his free transfer to Watford in favour of moving to Marseille.
It says we’re filing the legal dispute with the player, not the club. Doubt we get much money out of a 19 year old kid from Brasil
Maybe so, but in the above example the offending club (Arsenal in this case) also got fined by FIFA.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds similar to Pape Gueye cancelling his free transfer to Watford in favour of moving to Marseille.

Maybe so, but in the above example the offending club (Arsenal in this case) also got fined by FIFA.

Yes liekly arsenal could get a fine if they then sign him after already a pre-agreement signed with wolves.

Doubtful he is going to come wolves suddenly instead, but may be a fine and small compensatory agreement

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers on the Talking Wolves podcast is quite interesting.

Feels we will get £50m tops for Neves.
Confirms it's still sell to buy and said it could be a problem if a suitable offer doesn't arrive until late in the window.
Hoever to leave on loan, as mentioned on his thread.
Silva's future uncertain (in terms of loan)
MGW future entirely down to him, didn't sound positive.
Still unclear on Trincao, not ruled out that he won't stay.
50 mill tops for Neves and sell to buy is a joke. So we're only going to sell Neves for 15 million more than we paid for Fabio.. christ. There is also no way on earth that the only money available to spend is what we bring in, there should be money to spend regardless. Utterly ludicrous and worrying in equal measure.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are we in a position where we have to sell to buy. It's a ridiculous strategy from the owners, surely there is money to be spent from revenue generated via TV, league sponsors etc (and the extra 900k from season ticket increase..LOL)
Exactly, it's ****ing ridiculous. There is no way we should be in such a position. Money should be available in addition to what we bring in.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully get some cash out of them

There is a similar precedent.

When John Obi Mikel moved to Chelsea, he had apparently already agreed to sign for Man United. I'm sure the details will be different, but the outcome was Chelsea paid United £12m.

He won't ever play for us, but the legal challenge might mean we get some money out of Arsenal.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

When John Obi Mikel moved to Chelsea, he had apparently agreed to sign for Man United. I'm sure the details will be different, but the outcome was Chelsea paid United £12m.

He won't ever play for us, but the legal challenge might mean we get some money out of Arsenal.

Same nearly happened with Joao Pedro at Watford but he ended up still going to Watford…

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think a number of us did want Vitinha's loan option taken up last summer. I remember Tring for one saying so. I also do not think it is fair to say "following his lack of performances for us". Nuno, by and large, did not play him apart from an occasional ten minutes at the end of a game. When he did play he frequently showed glimpses of real ability. I guess we could try to sign him this summer but there are two potential problems, 1 his value will have gone up and 2 he may not want to come back to Wolves following his loan experience.

For sure I'm not saying nobody wanted him to sign. There were many who simply thought 20m quoted looked high based on what we saw. I think from memory on here there was a lot of clamour to try and get a reduced fee like we did with RAN that would have represented a fairer reflection of the player we saw.

When I say lack of performances I'm not necessarily knocking his potential or quality. We simply didn't see enough of him hence me saying a lack of performances. May not have been his fault but clearly Nuno did not see enough.

Perhaps he is a 20m or more midfielder now but do you really think he was worth that based on what you saw back then?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When John Obi Mikel moved to Chelsea, he had apparently already agreed to sign for Man United. I'm sure the details will be different, but the outcome was Chelsea paid United £12m.

Exactly what I thought of!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same nearly happened with Joao Pedro at Watford but he ended up still going to Watford…

But that's because Watford appear to have protected their interest with a clause saying they were due £20m if for any reason, Pedro didn't join them.

Liverpool probably backed off when they knew how much it would cost them!

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nestory Irankunda 16 year old from a league in Australia is going to be some player. Worth a look in our current business mode

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For sure I'm not saying nobody wanted him to sign. There were many who simply thought 20m quoted looked high based on what we saw. I think from memory on here there was a lot of clamour to try and get a reduced fee like we did with RAN that would have represented a fairer reflection of the player we saw.

When I say lack of performances I'm not necessarily knocking his potential or quality. We simply didn't see enough of him hence me saying a lack of performances. May not have been his fault but clearly Nuno did not see enough.

Perhaps he is a 20m or more midfielder now but do you really think he was worth that based on what you saw back then?

Vitinha stats that year. i Agree we didnt see enough, just thought it would have been worth the punt if you thought of the future with Joaos eventual drop off, and us still needing midfield players that we never did get

1653574040916.png

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think our agreement was for €20m or about £17m. Not excessive at all when compared to other signings we have made.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If he's signed an agreement and we can make money out of his change of mind, especially from the Goons, why the hell should we do that? For sure Arsenal would not if the roles were reversed.
I measure it against what we are likely to receive if we are successful,probably not much ,and do we want a player who would be ‘forced’ to join us and wants to jump ship before he joins ?
However a principle is a principle I suppose

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
50 mill tops for Neves and sell to buy is a joke. So we're only going to sell Neves for 15 million more than we paid for Fabio.. christ. There is also no way on earth that the only money available to spend is what we bring in, there should be money to spend regardless. Utterly ludicrous and worrying in equal measure.
Yes but the money to spend regardless of transfers out isn’t going to be as much as selling the likes of Neves and Donk for example. Off the top of my head our Turnover is about £130m p/a. Out of that we need to pay wages and other costs so we’re likely to have £20m -£30m in any one year spare for transfers. The big 6’s turnover is over £400m+ meaning they have proportionately more to spend. It’s why we’re trying to grow our income through off field ventures.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds on verge of signing USA international midfielder Brendan Aaronson for £24million from Red Bull Salzburg.

I thought the transfer window didn’t open until 10th June. If not, get your skates on Jeff!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds on verge of signing USA international midfielder Brendan Aaronson for £24million from Red Bull Salzburg.

I thought the transfer window didn’t open until 10th June. If not, get your skates on Jeff!
You can sign in principle they just wont join till the 10th

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf Hwang scored and assisted double this lad in the Austrian Bundesliga.

I obviously know nothing about him, he could be absolutely class. Just seems a lot of money for a bit of an unknown!
Ted Lasso signing a fellow septic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom