Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno- stay or out?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A month is a long time in football.

From the article below.

Wolves boss Bruno Lage will not allow himself to dream of Champions League football just yet – because he knows any manager is only a couple of bad results from being sacked.
Lage takes his side to Arsenal on Thursday night within striking distance of the top four following a run of six wins from the past eight league games.

Wolves could move just three points behind fourth-placed Manchester United, and still with a match in hand, if they can record another victory at the Emirates Stadium.
Lage has transformed the team from the one which had appeared to stagnate somewhat last season under Nuno Espirito Santo.

Yet, despite all of the plaudits, the Portuguese former Benfica boss is determined to take things one game at a time.
“I will tell you why – because you can be fired the next day,” Lage said of not dreaming about the Champions League.
“How many managers come, play four or five games in Premier League and they get sacked? You have contract and you can be fired the next day.

“It is our life – even if you are dreaming about some things you want to do in your life, you need to go with solid things.

“I want to play in the UEFA Cup and the Champions League with Wolves in each year, but what I know is I go and try to win the next game.
“Because our life can change, just like this. Look for example at Nuno, he was here with fantastic work, went to Tottenham, was manager of the month – then what happened the next month?
“Look at me what happened in Benfica; manager of the year, manager of the month in January, February, March and April then after I lose a couple of games, I was sacked.
“That is why every time I have my car keys in my pocket, so I just put my bags in my car and go.”

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From the article below.

Wolves boss Bruno Lage will not allow himself to dream of Champions League football just yet – because he knows any manager is only a couple of bad results from being sacked.
Lage takes his side to Arsenal on Thursday night within striking distance of the top four following a run of six wins from the past eight league games.

Wolves could move just three points behind fourth-placed Manchester United, and still with a match in hand, if they can record another victory at the Emirates Stadium.
Lage has transformed the team from the one which had appeared to stagnate somewhat last season under Nuno Espirito Santo.

Yet, despite all of the plaudits, the Portuguese former Benfica boss is determined to take things one game at a time.
“I will tell you why – because you can be fired the next day,” Lage said of not dreaming about the Champions League.
“How many managers come, play four or five games in Premier League and they get sacked? You have contract and you can be fired the next day.

“It is our life – even if you are dreaming about some things you want to do in your life, you need to go with solid things.

“I want to play in the UEFA Cup and the Champions League with Wolves in each year, but what I know is I go and try to win the next game.
“Because our life can change, just like this. Look for example at Nuno, he was here with fantastic work, went to Tottenham, was manager of the month – then what happened the next month?
“Look at me what happened in Benfica; manager of the year, manager of the month in January, February, March and April then after I lose a couple of games, I was sacked.
“That is why every time I have my car keys in my pocket, so I just put my bags in my car and go.”

A week is a long time ...last week we was in advanced talks with Pedrinho, a player whom Bruno Lage would have specifically wanted, according to reports......and nw them getting in a 'paddy' cause there bet might not come in , that they fell for......

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been on a downward spiral for months now, if he could’ve changed it he would’ve by now I think. Great first half to season but this year will be remembered as a missed opportunity for another trip into Europe for me.

I'm not happy with the last 3 performances,well since February actually.Could it be that Bruno has given them a rollicking,and some have threw the dummy outta da pram.Perhaps Johnny coming back into the team after his long lay off has upset the other players,who wasn't playing that bad.
Perhaps it's the players who car play Bruno's sytem.Who knows ? But he was a genius when we played yanited away in january and won.And it was a great month.

Man yanited 0 wolves 1.
Wolves 3 Sheffield United 0.
Wolves 3 Southampton 1.
Brentford 1 wolves 2.

So what the hell has happened since that month.? I still think some of these players know they ay gonna be here next season,and the bust up has just compounded the situation.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From the article below.

Probably best to leave the bag in the boot Bruno....

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players not back until Wednesday! What a joke. They had ten days off 2 weeks back. Why the need for a 3 /4 day break after the last 3 shambolic performances? They should be at Compton today not off on their jollies again.

Yeah let's play ****e,we might get some time off for the beach.****ing shambles.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm afraid I've turned after the last 3 games. We've been inconsistent all season but just lately he look's out of his depth. Since we got into a position to push for Europe, we've been largely poor. It seems to me he's fine when he finds the tactics to play well but as soon as things start to look tricky his in game management appears to be naive at best. He looks a number 2 to me rather than a leader. I take all managers post match interviews with a pinch of salt but his last 3 have been dire, yesterday he had the look and demeanour of someone who has run out of ideas. Does he deserve a chance to spend money? I'm not sure he does, Trincao and Hwang look like terrible business. I'm for letting him go.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi out. Got rid of all the other decision makers at the club and the squad has gone backwards in 3 years.
Get rid of the trouble makers, get 70m reinvest it, play 4 at the back, and we goooooo again!! See what happens.
3 improved players in Saiss position, Dendonkers position, Jiminez replacement, and bring back MGW and we could play a quality Lage ball like the first few games of the season. But able to score.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jeff Shi out. Got rid of all the other decision makers at the club and the squad has gone backwards in 3 years.
Get rid of the trouble makers, get 70m reinvest it, play 4 at the back, and we goooooo again!! See what happens.
3 improved players in Saiss position, Dendonkers position, Jiminez replacement, and bring back MGW and we could play a quality Lage ball like the first few games of the season. But able to score.

Ok just some Questions on your opinion?

Jeff Shi out, ok then so Fosun likely bring in another fosun company employ to run the business? Is that not the case
Get 70 million from where? And who are buying these trouble makers, you can’t just expect to sell those players, it isn’t fifa or football manager.

I don’t think 1 cb is going to allow us to play 4 at the back

And we haven’t seen anywhere near those levels of attacking football from the first three games, yet we weren’t able to score in any other them.
Scoring has been the problem all season which stems from lack of creativity and actually getting players forward into the box. Instead of just trying to pick out a solitary forward

Finally, spending your 70 million would you trust players Bruno wants to bring in?.
Trincao and Hwang have been poor and yet he sticks with them. I don’t really have the confidence for him to identify the correct players for committee

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My opinion is I don’t think he’s a great manager, potentially a good coach however I think he doesn’t manage the game correctly. I think there could be better options available?

Sure he may have credit in the bank we are 8th after all however I believe it’s a false position based on Sa’s performances, if we subbed out Sa I think we would be on a much lower points tally

He has strange line ups and tactics asking players to play out of position or do strange roles, he also leaves subs to late or doesn’t read the flow of the game.

For all his talking to players and coaching has anyone really got better over this season?

He also seems nice enough but seems to be causing friction in the dressing room and yesterday seemed no one had confidence in him .

No that doesn’t excuse the players for their poor performances.

It also doesn’t excuse those on the transfer committee, as some strange decisions have been made which in hindsight are confusing. However without knowing the budget, the players available, the scouting reports and medical history’s of players like they may do. However I’m unsure that we will ever know the budgets or going on behind the “right player, right price” which is a good thing.

Finally, things just don’t seem right at the moment and after losing 7 out of 10 games looking at clubs elsewhere, would questions not surely be asked of the manager?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The players were on the beach at Newcastle, couldn't wait to eff off on their jollies for a few days during the break. Same yesterday.
They have a bad attitude , become too comfortable in last 3 years

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can never understand people saying,,,if it wasn't for Sa we would be in a worse position.He's part of the team.It's his job to save potential goals.Bloody hell.
Maybe the way to say it we are we’re we are because of Sa

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can never understand people saying,,,if it wasn't for Sa we would be in a worse position.He's part of the team.It's his job to save potential goals.Bloody hell.

Because Sa is performing well above expected, and saving goals that "should" go in. His stats are generally some of the best in the PL.

If we had even a "decent" keeper we'd have lost a lot more points.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Where did it come from and what gave you the impression that the source was to be trusted enough to post here if it was not your ex player mate?

I imagine some here have done away with a few dineros now on your information. I would think they are owed an explanation.

I even wrote Here we go... and now I found out we are in fact not going anywhere. Oh the horror!
I can only apologise guys as you know I pride myself on the information I get from my ex players mates .the information I got saying he was gone was supposedly sent by a friend on.my Facebook page have been in touch with him and it wasn’t him . Will be more careful going forward when I do get more information from my good sources in future will ring them to make sure its genuine. but my source was correct about players not happy with Brunos tactics as well as confirmed by Ryan's text this afternoon so that reissues that his information is spot on .he was the source who told me nuno was toast 2 weeks before it broke. So once again apologies for the misinformation and hopefully nobody has lost money. WOLVES AY WE....

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only apologise guys as you know I pride myself on the information I get from my ex players mates .the information I got saying he was gone was supposedly sent by a friend on.my Facebook page have been in touch with him and it wasn’t him . Will be more careful going forward when I do get more information from my good sources in future will ring them to make sure its genuine. but my source was correct about players not happy with Brunos tactics as well as confirmed by Ryan's text this afternoon so that reissues that his information is spot on .he was the source who told me nuno was toast 2 weeks before it broke. So once again apologies for the misinformation and hopefully nobody has lost money. WOLVES AY WE....
Most exciting match day for ages mate, no need to apologise.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is what it's Top. Me, I'm not itk, but I'm not happy with Brunos tactics either!

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
To be fair fella, I have taken horse tips from old drunks in spit & sawdust pubs. It was my choice / decision to bet them or not. Don't be hard on yerself. You thought the info was genuine. As it happens, have a gut feeling that Bruno will not be here next season. Only time, in the greatest of cliches, will tell.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we should try that reckless attacking football we were doing early in his tenure for the remainder of the season.
I wonder if he changed to a more nuno approach after realising the players couldn't play his way.
Seems like at the moment no podence no goal. All our forwards are toothless. Raul isn't the same unfortunately, silva hasn't developed a killer instinct yet, neto has only shown glimpses of what we know he can do, but is still trying to get fit, Hwang goes missing most of the time and never links up with anyone, and trincao is a football imposter (the trincao that turned up for the Leeds match is what we were expecting). Podence is our only consistently dangerous forward but is very injury prone and takes a few games to get going when he returns.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would class Jonny as one of our most professional players. His effort yesterday was abysmal - look at the third goal. During the time the ref was watching the peno to decide whether Saiss handballed it - I looked down the line and Jonny (who was warming up) was waving (I presume at his kids) and literally had no interest in whether or not it would be given. There were things happening on and off the pitch yesterday that indicated Lage is not in control of this squad. He needs a performance asap - if we lose 3 out of the next 4 (which seems likely) why would Shi keep him? The other worry is - if he does go - we get another sub optimal manager.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having voted to have him removed I was surprised to see that that the majority vote. I have had reservations about him since his appointment and was concerned we would struggle this season. In fairness we didn't but his failure to have the team kick on and possibly qualify for Europe has meant my concerns haven't been put to bed. It is less the defeats and more the manner of these defeats that has made these defeats so hard to take. I know an argument exists that he is playing with Nuno's squad but apart from Sa, the other two signings following his appointment - Hwang and Trincao have not set the season alight. I have probably done MGW to death but his release on loan when Bruno was complaining he didn't have enough players beggars belief. I expect he will remain at the helm for the moment. However if the team continues to perform as it has of late we will be starting next season with relegation form and it will be interesting to see how long he will survive with such performances. Lets hope it doesn't come to that and I can eat humble pie.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having voted to have him removed I was surprised to see that that the majority vote. I have had reservations about him since his appointment and was concerned we would struggle this season. In fairness we didn't but his failure to have the team kick on and possibly qualify for Europe has meant my concerns haven't been put to bed. It is less the defeats and more the manner of these defeats that has made these defeats so hard to take. I know an argument exists that he is playing with Nuno's squad but apart from Sa, the other two signings following his appointment - Hwang and Trincao have not set the season alight. I have probably done MGW to death but his release on loan when Bruno was complaining he didn't have enough players beggars belief. I expect he will remain at the helm for the moment. However if the team continues to perform as it has of late we will be starting next season with relegation form and it will be interesting to see how long he will survive with such performances. Lets hope it doesn't come to that and I can eat humble pie.
This, perhaps despite what some on here think, pretty much sums up where l am. However, l am, because of the performances, rather more towards "go" than you are having got there earlier. I would love to eat humble pie but sadly really can't see it happening.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to Bruno, this squad is at least 3 players light, a centre forward, a ball carrying midfielder and a proper centre back.
However, he is making some very very strange decisions and something clearly is going on in the background ,some of these players Need to take a long hard look at themselves and how many of them hand on heart could they say they are giving everything, doesn't look like it to me.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to Bruno, this squad is at least 3 players light, a centre forward, a ball carrying midfielder and a proper centre back.
However, he is making some very very strange decisions and something clearly is going on in the background ,some of these players Need to take a long hard look at themselves and how many of them hand on heart could they say they are giving everything, doesn't look like it to me.
The squad may be short but he needs to get the most out of the tools he’s got. His man management is poor and that was demonstrated on Saturday. It reminded me so much of us under Stale, they no what their supposed to do but don’t believe in it and they’re not going to run through walls for him.

The players may be a bit stale and there is a need to refresh but his job is to motivate them. He talks about how they’d talked about goals and aims. It looks like it goes through one ear and out of another. Blaming players won’t help either. Similarly, blaming injuries whilst saying it’s not to blame isn’t helpful, all teams lose players, he’s also criticised those players in the last couple of months eg. Kilman so they’re probably not busting a gut to get back.

We need a refresh but of players and, importantly manager as without the latter the former isn’t going to work. Why would you come to a team where it’s obvious that players are not up for it, the manager throws you under the bus and tactics and team selection are bizarre.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think for me it comes down to this:

- Ask Norwich who the worst team they've played all season is
- Ask Palace who the worst team they've played all season is
- Ask Brighton who the worst team they've played all season is
- Ask Burnley who the worst team they've played all season is
- Ask Newcastle who the worst team they've played all season is

Guarantee all of those say Wolves, and a few more would too - in a really poor quality season as well.

That's not sustainable. Whether that's down to Bruno / players / bigger picture is the big question, but in a way, it doesn't really matter because it's always going to be the manager who it ultimately falls upon. Especially when he's acted the way Bruno has in recent months.

I've thought he's way out of his depth since quite early on and nothing I've seen since then has convinced me otherwise, even the points haul through the turn of the year.

Back
Top Bottom