Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bust up

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him getting a red card on a one on one vs the keeper outside the box was ridiculous?

He was on a yellow, pulled out the challenge but still stuck his foot in and caught the keeper.

If that was a challenge on Sa we'd have all been screaming for a second yellow, don't pretend otherwise.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managed you get my national winnings of £17.40 on it at 40/1

Can Watford screwing me here
It depends on what they class Rangnick leaving at the end of the season as.

I think Bruno may well see the season out even if the rumours are true.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@top fox wolf said he’s been told most of the first team have lost belief in bruno and his team selection and tactics, and he was the one who broke the Nuno stuff last year.

@wayne-the-wanderer said many of the players (especially Moutinho and Jonny) were unhappy about Bruno calling out Hoever publicly.

@SteveBullsKnee and @JOSWolf have arranged a tea party together because they’re so in sync and want to spend more time together.

2 of those things are true and one isn’t, I’ll let you decide which. :p
You could sell spectator tickets for that tea party... Probably be more entertaining than yesterday....

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it bloody was, by the ref! Totally forgive him that one.

However the general attitude, Raul, Hwang, Podence, Fabio, trying to buy fouls, exaggerating contacts, rolling around, it's frankly pathetic.
It's showing he's making up for his loss of pace and ability to get round players, it's hard to watch. I feel sorry for him, remember that rabona earlier in the season?
But as a club we can't keep playing him as our first choice striker with what is it 1 goal all year?!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd argue the truth is somewhere between the two. Silva was crap (i.e. a Wolves player today) and so was Hwang. Hwang had a few decent moments today, Silva has some but definitely fewer. Both rubbish but Hwang probably the better player today, marginally. Basically, Hwang was the less messy poop.

They were all rubbish yesterday.I wouldn't single out any one player.Somehow I don't think they are listening to what Bruno wants.I mean all ya see is Bruno on the touch line waving his arms about trying to instruct them to attack.And they ay doing it.It's bin the same all season,so for me the players dow like Bruno's sytem.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were all rubbish yesterday.I wouldn't single out any one player.Somehow I don't think they are listening to what Bruno wants.I mean all ya see is Bruno on the touch line waving his arms about trying to instruct them to attack.And they ay doing it.It's bin the same all season,so for me the players dow like Bruno's sytem.
Weird isn’t it that Bruno is on the sidelines waving the players forward meanwhile the ball goes back to Coady over and over again.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was a bit tongue-in-cheek, just seen the picture.

Perhaps nothing in it at all, quick trip home to see the family.. interesting development though!
Strange as they had a ten day break a couple of weeks back. Players should be in today training after that shambles but maybe not by the looks of it. If they’ve all got a couple of days off that is a joke after the last few weeks.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the downturn in performances the last 3 makes it believable that something isn't right. If there was a bust up this week, feels like it's something thats been simmering for a few weeks now and boiled over this week. Think maybe Bruno tries to keep tweeking changing things a bit too much ? always talks about studying the opposition how they play and looking for weaknesses etc, seems maybe we're worrying too much about that and in doing so losing our own identity and way of playing. The difference between the first 3 games of the season and the last 3 is stark, lost all 3 without scoring in both cases, but the performances couldn't be more different

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was on a yellow, pulled out the challenge but still stuck his foot in and caught the keeper.

If that was a challenge on Sa we'd have all been screaming for a second yellow, don't pretend otherwise.
Had he given up completely on the play as you'd expect him to (according to your post), you yourself would have called him a coward, doesn't have heart, doesn't care about the team, the old Raul would have tried, etc. The whole Mix would.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him getting a red card on a one on one vs the keeper outside the box was ridiculous?
he had lost the ball and tried to engineer a foul. but he is no Jota who was/is expert at it. instead his attemopt at trying to win a foul backfired. if it was a genuine 1 on 1 i would have no problem but it wasnt

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had he given up completely on the play as you'd expect him to (according to your post), you yourself would have called him a coward, doesn't have heart, doesn't care about the team, the old Raul would have tried, etc. The whole Mix would.

And had he not given up, Leeds would've been down to 10 as the GK would've taken him out.

It was stupid of him to stick a foot out after pulling out of the challenge, and then go to ground "injured" - which is exactly what he did when he earned his first yellow.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he has a bad combination of poor man management skills and imposter syndrome. He's a brilliant coach though, how we got us set up and also reacted to opposition tactics in the earlier games this season was brilliant.

But at the top level man management is always going to be more important than tactical nous.

I agree.

Roy Keane says Fergie hardly did any coaching, but he ruled the club and the dressing room.

There's talk of him having one way glass in his office overlooking the training ground.

Some days he wasn't even watching the players train but the players didn't know.

Vinny1971

Reaction score
My opinion the following can go - Dendonker, Boly Trincao Silva Hwang - Make Neves Captain and get in 2 strikers, 2 defenders who can shoot instead of passing sideways. Get Adama back as Barcelona are having our pants down, get MGW back in squad...oh yeah and get in Potter as the new manager

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ve followed Ryan on Twitter for years and I don’t remember him ever posting anything like this which is why believe us to be true especially with @top fox wolf backing it up.
What I don’t get is If this has happened then surely main stream media would be all over it as I am sure they have got their ‘sources’ in clubs…..but nothing…anywhere???

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever the situation in the dressing room or on the training ground, there is never any excuse for professional footballers not to give 100% every time they go out on the pitch.
Yep - there’s never an excuse for performance like that - but sometimes there’s a reason.

The art of good management is to keep your players on board and fully motivated. If he’s lost that then he’s a gonna.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep - there’s never an excuse for performance like that - but sometimes there’s a reason.

The art of good management is to keep your players on board and fully motivated. If he’s lost that then he’s a gonna.

Players should never need a manager to motivate them to perform imo. Sadly, some just do. Managers for me should be there to extract that extra bit of performance out of them.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And it's the second manager they've done this to.

It's feasible that the players just want a comfy life, don't want another gruelling 60+ game season with zero squad depth to help out.

It doesn't matter if Lage stays or leaves in the summer, we need to gut this squad and replace the core.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he had lost the ball and tried to engineer a foul. but he is no Jota who was/is expert at it. instead his attemopt at trying to win a foul backfired. if it was a genuine 1 on 1 i would have no problem but it wasnt
It wasn't a genuine 1 on 1? What was it then?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it's the second manager they've done this to.

It's feasible that the players just want a comfy life, don't want another gruelling 60+ game season with zero squad depth to help out.

It doesn't matter if Lage stays or leaves in the summer, we need to gut this squad and replace the core.
Agreed. If they did indeed down tools then it must have been organised and co-ordinated.

Last edited:

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The claim @Frank Lincoln was responding to was that we 'nearly got relegated'. We finished on 45 points, 17 clear of Fulham who were 18th. Nobody can claim that is 'nearly relegated'.

By the way this season we have 49, and realistically 52 is the most we'll get.

We were the worst team in the league for 2/3rds of the season last year.
I understand if you only check the results & watch the highlights you might not have seen that…but your ignorance of the evidence doesn’t create new facts.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think it's his attitude, it's more out of frustration, he was the only forward player trying to make things happen yesterday, plus Lage has got him playing in a different role which doesn't help

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players didn't en masse down tools and they didn't do it last year either. What may have happened is a fall out with the manager, something that happens at every club and typically before a manager is fired.

I do wish people would stop laying into a squad which we know has good character.

I'm not absolving them after a string of poor performances but it really is on the manager. We can see his curious decisions and our record after going behind says an awful lot. It isn't just a squad issue - bruno simply cannot change a game and his subs are bizarre.

beppe7619

Reaction score
I understand if you only check the results & watch the highlights you might not have seen that…but your ignorance of the evidence doesn’t create new facts.
Nuno reverted back to his defensive formation to stop the rot as they was heading for a relegation scrap

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
I really hope that there hasn't been a fall out between the players and the manager as this will 'fester' and carry on into the summer, with recruitment and the new season.

As our Captain, Coady needs to get hold of the players and remind them its the club and the supporters they represent. There needs to be a significant improvement in the desire and commitment in our remaining games.

I can accept defeats but what I cannot accept is the commitment by our players who are on significant amounts of money to turn up and try to win games.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has it occurred to him that he was being booed too. Thick.....
We know you don't like the bloke (for what ever reason) but let's be clear he clearly isn't thick.... He is a Premier League manager who has won a major trophy for Benfica and had many years in coaching...While you may disagree with things he does it is far from fair and is disrespectful to call him thick..

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its true and there's been a bust up there are 3 solutions.

1. Everyone kisses and makes up - unlikely
2. Bruno goes - short term results improve, long term when things dip it happens again
3. Players go - shows the group that they don't hold the power but if the replacements aren't right then could slide down the table next season

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has it occurred to him that he was being booed too. Thick.....
I stayed around a couple of minutes after the final whistle as I was in no hurry and it was actually interesting to hear an admittedly muted chant of "Bruno! Bruno!" towards the manager. Like on the poll on the Mix, feelings towards him are, well, mixed it would seem.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Ha, brilliant, I must be an armchair fan? Well your uninformed opinion of me doesn't change the facts either. I checked, we were never below 14th, we gained 17 points in the first 1/3 of the season and 28 in the other 2/3. That's not great, but still not relegation form. I'm not saying it was a good watch (like you presumably on lockdown TV), but the idea that we've done much better this season simply isn't true. We've had some good performances and some good results, but not many of either.

Back
Top Bottom