Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bust up

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can certainly see Bruno getting annoyed with Raul. He's an absolute star to me, but he is frustrating as hell currently. Maybe Jonny just weighed in on his behalf. You do look a berk when you drop people and have to ask them to dig you out of a hole though.
Rauls attitude has been awful all season. Plays the big shot. Both red cards were ridiculous. All four bookings were him being stupid. Im not surprised bruno is frustrated with him

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can believe this to be honest, was unprofessional of Lage to do. You keep criticism like that behind closed doors.
I said the same last week, but was told by the Top Happy Clapper (guess. who?) that SAF did it so it must be OK. I think it's evidence of Bruno's insecurity more than anything. I think that if FOSUN don't want a full on melt down they will probably have to get rid of him. It can work wonders: look at Burnley since sacking Dyche-- 3 wins and a draw in 4 games. All the wise heads said they were mad. They have shut up now.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I said the same last week, but was told by the Top Happy Clapper (guess. who?) that SAF did it so it must be OK. I think it's evidence of Bruno's insecurity more than anything. I think that if FOSUN don't want a full on melt down they will probably have to get rid of him. It can work wonders: look at Burnley since sacking Dyche-- 3 wins and a draw in 4 games. All the wise heads said they were mad. They have shut up now.
I think the comparison with Dyche is apt. He clearly had the reigns tight on the team and the new guy has gone in there, played exactly the same system but just allowed them to attack more.

That is exactly what Lage was going to do for us but he bottled it after Brentford at home, brilliantly ****housed his way to 46 more points, but now is unable to release the reigns. In fact it looks like they are tighter than ever and strangling the life out of the players.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit early in the morning to be scrolling though all this. I see "you were the first to tell us Nuno was going" and "from a very reliable source."
Could someone summarise what's happened? Is Bruno off or not?
@top fox wolf said he’s been told most of the first team have lost belief in bruno and his team selection and tactics, and he was the one who broke the Nuno stuff last year.

@wayne-the-wanderer said many of the players (especially Moutinho and Jonny) were unhappy about Bruno calling out Hoever publicly.

@SteveBullsKnee and @JOSWolf have arranged a tea party together because they’re so in sync and want to spend more time together.

2 of those things are true and one isn’t, I’ll let you decide which. :p

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Burnley’s interim manager has got more points in 4 game than Bruno has in the last 10.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
@top fox wolf said he’s been told most of the first team have lost belief in bruno and his team selection and tactics, and he was the one who broke the Nuno stuff last year.

@wayne-the-wanderer said many of the players (especially Moutinho and Jonny) were unhappy about Bruno calling out Hoever publicly.

@SteveBullsKnee and @JOSWolf have arranged a tea party together because they’re so in sync and want to spend more time together.

2 of those things are true and one isn’t, I’ll let you decide which. :p
Top man @Chris H - thanks. And brilliant re the last one. Delighted for them. Hope there are a few pictures...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to take a breath………myself included.

Is this just a story that we Mixers created by linking rumours together?

Its, at this point all rumour.
No the guys involved wouldn’t make rumours up with top fox backing up what Ryan said I’d say it’s definitely true.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Team spirit and the players connection with the fans was one of our greatest assets. Generally built by Nuno and lost to a certain extent during the 'fanless' covid season. The players are a uniquely close bunching, as hinted at by Jose Sa recently. If that is lost then we could be in big trouble. If Bruno is even partly responsible then he is in big trouble. Such a shame and very depressing.
Id say this adds much more credit to the players being against him, they'll stick together.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
That’s not uncommon when a new manager comes in though. Honeymoon period ain’t it, new manager fresh ideas, gives the players a spark and they all wanna impress the new boss. But soon enough if the root cause is not sorted the same issues rear their head.

Edit:
But soon enough if the root cause is not sorted the same issues rear their head. Not unlike our current situation.

Last edited:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There could be truth in this as something clearly looks wrong atm.
The club will of course look to protect its image, but if the rumour is true then Bruno is in a very difficult position.
The thing for me with Bruno calling at Hoever so publicly is that Hoever is a young man learning his trade, and Bruno has not had the guts to rip into any of the senior players after many abject performances.
If the rumour is true, I’m more in the camp that player power should not be allowed to govern a football club. However, I would not be disappointed if Bruno was replaced.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there is even half a truth in what is supposed to have gone on I’m afraid the managers time is up and should be sooner rather than later. A fraction between manager and dressing room will be a one way ticket to relegation next season. If the trust is broken between “senior” players and Bruno the rift will be in all likelihood not be able to be healed.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
We’re stuck in a bit of a messy spot here where our “style” needs to evolve and so player succession becomes pretty difficult.
I’d agree.

It’s not ideal having to bring in a new manger in and at least 4 players who absolutely must be of starting quality. That would really concern me especially as we’d probably only get 2 in at best, could spell disaster.

And if Fosun are not prepared to back Bruno then I sympathise with him but what’s the point. Mediocrity, Survival? I’d like more but after how they have whipped this club into shape I guess it’s enough for me. Not many would agree though.

85E439CB-0C5B-41A8-B897-26AC8ED1404F.gif

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I always find it incredulous when people talk about players no longer playing for the manager.

How about playing for the 1,000’s who pay good money to turn up and watch you you spoilt brats.
And sadly ,the only way to punish these overpaid " spoilt brats " , with a bad attitude, ,,,,is to not let them play football.
Therefore Bruno did the right thing

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I feel bad for saying it, but what has Lage bought to the table?

He was going to change the style into a more possession based approach, but he hasn't.

He was going to bring the kids through. OK Kilman has done well, but Cundle clearly (whatever some believe) isn't ready and nobody else has really had a chance (maybe Silva but the less said the better). Maybe there are issues, but publically throwing Hoever under the bus wasn't smart.

We were going to press higher, but we simply don't have players who are mobile enough.

We were going to develop and improve, but we've got slowly worse.

We did get quite dour, deep block, but deadly on the counter. Now how do we play? Still 5 at the back, but no pace in attack?

I guess some will say that's a recruitmemt/investment issue, but the buck always stops with the manager. I think I'm convinced now he's not the man. Maybe Fosun will decide Jeff's days are up too?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi & Sellars will no doubt be aware of any rifts between Bruno and the players (If true).
Unless they’re completely blind they will not be impressed with the decline in performances and most certainly not deaf in hearing those boos at half and full time.

I guess it’s up to them to decide how much they believe they are accountable for this mess. It doesn’t help their cause as along with Clark they need to decide the timing of ST prices for next year.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just logged on to Skybet, the price for Bruno to go next was 40/1, had a cheeky fiver but the price dropped to 20/1 as I put it on, must be a few of us going for it.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like many on here have no idea if there has been a bust up or not but its always easier to believe after a non performance like today, the truth will show on the pitch over the next 4 games, because it will be difficult for them to pull together against teams like Chelsea, Liverpool and City, I dont believe in player power but its been a strength of this group of players that there togetherness has been one of the strongest points and if its been broken then it will show on the pitch.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have said before that Bruno's time at Wolves is mirroring Benfica.

He's clearly a talented coach but some of the things he says about how harsh he is on players strike me sometimes as bad people skills.

I do wonder if he lacks the man management he needs to go alongside his coaching talent.

However training ground bust ups are common so hopefully there's nothing to it.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have said before that Bruno's time at Wolves is mirroring Benfica.

He's clearly a talented coach but some of the things he says about how harsh he is on players strike me sometimes as bad people skills.

I do wonder if he lacks the man management he needs to go alongside his coaching talent.

I think he has a bad combination of poor man management skills and imposter syndrome. He's a brilliant coach though, how we got us set up and also reacted to opposition tactics in the earlier games this season was brilliant.

But at the top level man management is always going to be more important than tactical nous.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a point last season under Nuno where we were getting dragged into the relegation scrap, but got a few wins on the bounce and then didn't look threatened.

If we're going to replace Jiminez next year, as he barely looks like a premier league player now (obviously very sad) then it's all about Jonny who is a quality wing back, who could play in a back 4 if we changed. If it's only those 2 and Hoever who have fell out with Lage then not an insurmountable problem, if more then maybe terminal?
I see a good manager in Lage, pragmatic, ability to set up in different ways, but hasn't exactly been backed by Fosun......12m Hwang? And swapped keepers?

T

TheConcourse

Bruno spotted at Manchester Airpirt today.

Looks like there will be no training Sunday or Monday then!

Thought this was a bit tongue-in-cheek, just seen the picture.

Perhaps nothing in it at all, quick trip home to see the family.. interesting development though!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was awful, silva was just... Well... Silva, some lovely work on the ball on deep positions but when near the box he's a ****e, proper ****e, the effort not long before half time he just looked a Sunday league striker!
Maybe guo should remove jeff shi as he is wasting prescious money and the squad is getting weaker.
We either bring in a new director of football with total autonomy or we lean on mendes and insist we start getting his better clients for more modest fees.
The hwang signing was unnecesary at a time we thought we were in the market for a midfield enforcer.
To get back to late 2020 we will have to have a clean sweep of playing staff and loan out others too.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see them both coming on in the 2nd half if that happened
When Jonny finished his warm up I thought it was strange that he absolutely launched his bib in to the dugout. At the time I thought he looked frustrated to be coming on - I put it down to that he was supposed to be resting his knees perhaps?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s true and probably been double figures of bust ups at every club this season. Problem for me for Bruno comes from training grounds being normally such a closed shop that when it gets out it’s normally by design. Very often signalling the end of the manager/coach.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Jonny finished his warm up I thought it was strange that he absolutely launched his bib in to the dugout. At the time I thought he looked frustrated to be coming on - I put it down to that he was supposed to be resting his knees perhaps?
It was force of circumstance that Johnny was brought on due Semedo's injury.

beppe7619

Reaction score
I think Jonny preformed better on the right. He offers more goal scoring threat than semedo

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that attendance today was 31K. There were 4 empty seats behind me in the SB Upper.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they always count ST holders in the attendance even if they don’t attend.

Yes they count season ticket holders as they have bought a years supply of em. :tonguewink: Also the amount of new faces around me in the southbank,leads me to think loads are away on holibobs.Just like the players I suppose.Or they may as well have bin.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Try watching the games mate
The claim @Frank Lincoln was responding to was that we 'nearly got relegated'. We finished on 45 points, 17 clear of Fulham who were 18th. Nobody can claim that is 'nearly relegated'.

By the way this season we have 49, and realistically 52 is the most we'll get.

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst some will complain of lack of transfer activity what I saw yesterday was a demotivated team with little idea as to what to do, they jogged around, I’d be surprised if some broke sweat. A team where we gambled on playing one midfielder who was injured knowing he could only play 45 minutes. I didn’t see anything in response from the sidelines. That is down to the manager.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just logged on to Skybet, the price for Bruno to go next was 40/1, had a cheeky fiver but the price dropped to 20/1 as I put it on, must be a few of us going for it.

Managed you get my national winnings of £17.40 on it at 40/1

Can Watford screwing me here

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Him getting a red card on a one on one vs the keeper outside the box was ridiculous?
Yes it bloody was, by the ref! Totally forgive him that one.

However the general attitude, Raul, Hwang, Podence, Fabio, trying to buy fouls, exaggerating contacts, rolling around, it's frankly pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom