Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess when you predict he’ll be back at Boro in the championship but he actually ends up at at a bigger club than us you’ll probably feel pretty stupid.
If he's as great as you keep making out, he likely should end up at a 'bigger club'. The few Spurs fans I know don't want him there (mind they didn't want Doc either!), personally I think should he end up there he's made a very poor decision. A move to Spurs now will likely see him ending his 'best' years there and rule out a potential Barca return.

As I said before, he's not added any value to himself, and is another three years older. Will he ever do so? Time will tell I guess but sitting on the bench ain't going to help.

Do I feel stupid? Not as much as those claiming a while back daft figures of £80 million........

Last edited:

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Marmite! Great description, I'm a lover only because he gives us excitement and disappointment, last player I felt that was Tim steele, go on trigger!! Oh he's left the ball behind!
The issue with traore is he's just not bright, you watch his positional play, you look at his decisions, woeful. The thought of him at wing back is a bit of a joke, amplified that in Doherty they had a great wing back and then chose to play 4 at the back. I can adama being less successful than nuno at spurs!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He's going to go and with less of a blessing from me than Jota, as I think he's being greedy more than ambitious. I don't think he will be a big hit there, especially not if as reported they see him as a wingback. Next time it's 0-0 after 65 mins and we look at the bench to see who will win us the game it might look a bit bare. Still, hopefully Neto will have started and we'll be 3 up anyway! Most of us will move on, less excited, less frustrated.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is gone, let's just hope there is a plan recruiting but I do not trust Sellars and shi. I'm happy for traore not to be replaced as I think we have enough cover but we really need a top class centre midfielder.
Agreed

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
He is gone, let's just hope there is a plan recruiting but I do not trust Sellars and shi. I'm happy for traore not to be replaced as I think we have enough cover but we really need a top class centre midfielder.
Yes, if he goes and we get Sanches in (for example) then it will certainly improve the balance of tbe squad. If the money sits in the bank because 'this window is so difficult to operate in' then it won't look so smart.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just wish we didn’t have to sell good players to premier league teams though.
yeah, this is arguably the biggest sickener on sales for me... but all the money is in our league. I had hoped our European connections may have had a few more clubs on the table for sales not in the PL

When it's Doc and he's rubbish its fine, when its Jota and he's great its hard to live with. **** knows which side of the fence Adama will land on!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think any club that uses him in a wide role is going to get a lot out of him. Wing back, if he sticks and it and Conte perseveres with him could see him back to his best as in reality, he excels more as an out and out wide player rather than a wide attacker. Wing back could simplify his role and i dont actually have any doubts he can be good there. If Conte does try to convert him he is going to have to be patient. Impact sub is probably the only other role i can see him thriving in.

Johnny5

Reaction score
Huge mistake, no other player in our current squad scores the 3rd goal we did against Saints his pace gets us 20 yards up the pitch and I'm sure we won't get a replacement anywhere near as good.

Another window about to end with a weaker squad.
Funnily enough nearly every other player scores the sitter he had minutes before.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What people are failing to recognise is that one club has bid, Spurs. He’s not so highly rated that clubs are queuing up to buy him. Even Newcastle who are on a trolley dash for players aren’t interested.

Even more damning is that the club who want to sign him want to try and turn him into a RWB not use him as a forward. So Spurs are spending £20m+ on a project to see whether they can turn Adama into a wing back. Of course, if or when Conte goes the next manager might not see it the same way.

There may be gnashing of teeth on here but the lack of interest in Traore, when everyone knows the position, suggests that the professional game has a different view to some members of the Mix.

You’ve also got to consider that a proportion of members do love to wallow in what is apparently bad news and use it to make over the top criticisms of the owners as they are so much better at running a football club on the internet and their bedrooms.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think any club that uses him in a wide role is going to get a lot out of him. Wing back, if he sticks and it and Conte perseveres with him could see him back to his best as in reality, he excels more as an out and out wide player rather than a wide attacker. Wing back could simplify his role and i dont actually have any doubts he can be good there. If Conte does try to convert him he is going to have to be patient. Impact sub is probably the only other role i can see him thriving in.
Wing back is a very difficult position to play so to suggest it simplifies his game is complelty wrong

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just foul him on the half way line like every other ****ing team does
Actually thinking about it, didn’t Spurs take it in turns to foul Adama a couple of seasons back? They got praised for their ‘rotational fouling’ by some biased pundit. Cheeky buggers. Not that I would want us to treat him like that.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tottenham’s off-brand rotational fouling has a special kind of purity​

Barney Ronay

This was the article in the Guardian after Spurs took it in turns to assault Adama a couple of seasons back. I wonder how ‘pure’ Barney would think it was if we returned the compliment…

I certainly hope we don’t stoop that low.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wing back is a very difficult position to play so to suggest it simplifies his game is complelty wrong

No its not. It totally simplifies his job. He has to adapt to it, but, and i'm presuming here, Conte wants him to play it the same way Moses did when he was at Chelsea. Instead of having Moses getting down the line to provide crosses for Costa, it will be Adama doing it for Kane. Its not like Moses chipped in with many goals in the premier league from wing back so goalscoring is one less thing Adama needs to worry about. Let him play to what he can do well. He wont be burndened with having the expectation of being an individual matchwinner.

The only real difficulty Adama will have is does he have the motor for it, and can he play a little bit more disciplined in terms of his positioning. What he will be asked to do is pretty simple really in the scheme of things.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Actually thinking about it, didn’t Spurs take it in turns to foul Adama a couple of seasons back? They got praised for their ‘rotational fouling’ by some biased pundit. Cheeky buggers. Not that I would want us to treat him like that.
Absolutely, Kane ended up at left back, so he could smash him. Maybe that was when they decided they wanted him. For all they talk about scouting I noticed the other day that they said Klopp had been after Jota from the first time he played for us against Liverpool.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Adama is a success at Spurs remains to be seen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go either way tbh but one thing is for sure.

IF, they play him as a winger, in a 3 with Kane and Son, then defences will have to be petrified. Surely on paper, one of the best counterattacking lineups in the prem.

IF, they play him as a wingback then I don’t see it working. You need more of an “engine” to play that role and a lot more awareness of your duties.

Semedo and RAN, get through an enormous amount of work, constantly up and down. I don’t think Adama can pace himself for that role, he’s either flat out or stood still and has a tendency to switch off, when losing the ball in the final third.

Time will tell but if Chiquinho comes in and is an overall better fit (in time), wouldn’t that seem like a good bit of business?

I personally don’t get all the slating of Fosun, from my view (and it’s only an opinion), I think they are a lot shrewder than they get credit for. Softly, softly and as I always say, be careful what you wish for.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adama is a success at Spurs remains to be seen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go either way tbh but one thing is for sure.

IF, they play him as a winger, in a 3 with Kane and Son, then defences will have to be petrified. Surely on paper, one of the best counterattacking lineups in the prem.

IF, they play him as a wingback then I don’t see it working. You need more of an “engine” to play that role and a lot more awareness of your duties.

Semedo and RAN, get through an enormous amount of work, constantly up and down. I don’t think Adama can pace himself for that role, he’s either flat out or stood still and has a tendency to switch off, when losing the ball in the final third.

Time will tell but if Chiquinho comes in and is an overall better fit (in time), wouldn’t that seem like a good bit of business?

I personally don’t get all the slating of Fosun, from my view (and it’s only an opinion), I think they are a lot shrewder than they get credit for. Softly, softly and as I always say, be careful what you wish for.

Spurs could probably carry Adama in a front 3 because Son is just so potent in that attacking wide role. 11 direct goal contributions in 17 premier league games is outstanding. Adama would be competing against Moura and Bergwijn, and neither of those 2 have been prolific this season.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tottenham’s off-brand rotational fouling has a special kind of purity​

Barney Ronay

This was the article in the Guardian after Spurs took it in turns to assault Adama a couple of seasons back. I wonder how ‘pure’ Barney would think it was if we returned the compliment…

I certainly hope we don’t stoop that low.
It’s easy we add a bit of toweling to our LWB and LF and rub off the baby oil.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs could probably carry Adama in a front 3 because Son is just so potent in that attacking wide role. 11 direct goal contributions in 17 premier league games is outstanding. Adama would be competing against Moura and Bergwijn, and neither of those 2 have been prolific this season.
Bit like Adama then.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to see a good quality incoming player to make this deal make any kind of sense.
Adama is an option and to take that away without another player coming in to the team would be odd.

Personally I dont see him at wingback. Adama is great and excitingwhen the ball is delivered to his feet and he can run with it. He doesnt do enough work off the ball / supporting midfield / defence / making runs to be an option and doesn't support attacks when its not him on the ball - i.e he is never busting his balls to get in the box to be a scoring option. I think this is why he has so few goals, the goals Adama scores are all at the end of his own work but these are few and far between.

As good as Adamas goal was last week , he was looking to pass that but had no option so had to keep going and shoot. Hes a real confidence player that will be working with Conte, one of the most demanding managers in world football. - Its going to be interesting to see how Adama reacts to this.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct. He hasn’t got the awareness to be a wingback and he’s not going to sprint up and down the pitch for 90 mins.
Hes a one trick pony, it’s a very good trick and impossible to defend against at times but he ain’t no wingback.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is box office to watch, and our squad (not necessarily first XI) is better with him in it.

A real get you off your seat player, but, his end product just hasn’t been there for about 2 years, and that is too long for a club like Wolves to carry him.

With 18 months left on his deal with him evidently not wanting to sign a new one, roughly £25m on an £18m outlay isn’t a terrible deal for us at all.

Wish him well at Spurs, he seems a nice lad, and let’s face it moving to London and playing in that shiny stadium is no doubt very attractive to a 26 year old. I’m not sure the Spurs fans will show him anywhere near the patience us Wolves fans have……

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree bod. 22.5m for Adama is very, very poor, hope that's not true.
Jack Grealish hasn't set the world on fire for City, and he cost 100m.
How can it be very poor ?When every club in Europe knows he is up for sale.
It’s the open market valuation of this man who is at this stage in his career and contract.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane ran about 5 yards, right in front of me, and took Adama out. Then ran and hid in the penalty area for the free kick. He wouldn't come to the ref. Should have been two yellows followed by a red. Not sure Kane even received a yellow.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct. He hasn’t got the awareness to be a wingback and he’s not going to sprint up and down the pitch for 90 mins.
Hes a one trick pony, it’s a very good trick and impossible to defend against at times but he ain’t no wingback.

No player on the pitch sprints up and down for 90 mins. If they dont expect great things from him defensively, its not a great deal different from playing as an out and out winger if Conte just wants him playing like Moses did with Costa. The only thing i think he may struggle with is his concentration.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.Even Newcastle who are on a trolley dash for players aren’t interested.
Newcastle already have a superior footballing version. A player with all Traore's attribute, and still smart enough to make a good final decision

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is box office to watch, and our squad (not necessarily first XI) is better with him in it.

A real get you off your seat player, but, his end product just hasn’t been there for about 2 years, and that is too long for a club like Wolves to carry him.

With 18 months left on his deal with him evidently not wanting to sign a new one, roughly £25m on an £18m outlay isn’t a terrible deal for us at all.

Wish him well at Spurs, he seems a nice lad, and let’s face it moving to London and playing in that shiny stadium is no doubt very attractive to a 26 year old. I’m not sure the Spurs fans will show him anywhere near the patience us Wolves fans have……
That’s a decent assessment I think; and if Spurs want him to be a wingback then patience is exactly what they will need.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No player on the pitch sprints up and down for 90 mins. If they dont expect great things from him defensively, its not a great deal different from playing as an out and out winger if Conte just wants him playing like Moses did with Costa. The only thing i think he may struggle with is his concentration.
Semedo does.
Traore has a sprinters physique, short sharp bursts are his thing, that’s why you don’t see distance runners with big muscles.
I agree with your point about his concentration levels.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo does.
Traore has a sprinters physique, short sharp bursts are his thing, that’s why you don’t see distance runners with big muscles.
I agree with your point about his concentration levels.

No player would be capable of sprinting up and down for 90 mins. It an impossibility. I think its more they are constantly in motion, which Adama is more than capable of. He just needs to slightly adjust his game.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No its not. It totally simplifies his job. He has to adapt to it, but, and i'm presuming here, Conte wants him to play it the same way Moses did when he was at Chelsea. Instead of having Moses getting down the line to provide crosses for Costa, it will be Adama doing it for Kane. Its not like Moses chipped in with many goals in the premier league from wing back so goalscoring is one less thing Adama needs to worry about. Let him play to what he can do well. He wont be burndened with having the expectation of being an individual matchwinner.

The only real difficulty Adama will have is does he have the motor for it, and can he play a little bit more disciplined in terms of his positioning. What he will be asked to do is pretty simple really in the scheme of things.

I get the Moses comparison however i don't think Traore has the concentration, stamina, off the ball movement, defensive or offensive positioning to carry the role out consistently to a high top standard that Conte will be looking for.
I look forward to seeing Traore crossing for Kane, it wont happen.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have Chiquino to replace him I am kind of hoping he will be turn out to be a better fit in the team. He obviously has potential otherwise we wouldn't have stepped in to get him. Probably need some nurturing and development but I am hoping he will have some of the dribbling attributes that we will miss with Adama.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Traore could cross the ball and if he could score goals he would be in the £100m bracket unfortunately he can't do either which is sad but he's way past the stage when those things can be taught.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the Moses comparison however i don't think Traore has the concentration, stamina, off the ball movement, defensive or offensive positioning to carry the role out consistently to a high top standard that Conte will be looking for.
I look forward to seeing Traore crossing for Kane, it wont happen.

Its the concentration thing i would have the biggest concern with. I dont think he is as dumb a player as some people think, but i do think he switches off too much.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got the strangest of takes? That’s hilarious.

It’s not comparable. The bloke is already on £43k a week, it’s hardly the same when I’d be happy with an extra £12k a year.

He’s already a multi millionaire and him and his family if they’re sensible will never have any money worries again.

The club have probably offered him £70k to £90k a week and that’s not enough - get real.
You know what the club offered him?

And hardly, if your employer offers you some more cash or you could get some, you telling me you would turn it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom