Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is two fold as well due to some rotten timing and luck.

Our agreement to break even is separate to the UEFA break even FFP rules, which have since been relaxed to account for Covid.

So while other clubs are continuing to spend heavily despite big losses due to Covid, we are still handcuffed by the agreement we reached as part of our punishment for breaching UEFA FFP in our European season.

This season is a one-off opportunity for wealthy owners to inject capital into a club, due to the relaxation of the rules. We will not be able to because of the separate rules we have.

Surely there must be some sort of legal challenge to enable relaxation of our separate agreement too?!

TBH I'm quietly confident that FFP is going to be radically changed or relaxed by next summer anyway. So Fosun will have more chance to invest if they wish to. Though the question of whether other clubs will have overtaken us too much by investing now is a valid concern.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People seem to think it's all down to FOSUN pulling the plug and their lack of enthusiasm - They told us all in the videos we had to be clever because of FFP and people still accuse them of lying - it's available to view in plain sight if you search for it.
This is driving me nuts. All the information is there. And it's not even hard to find. Like, it's not in a filing cabinet in a basement office with 'beware the leopard' on the door, it's in videos that the club have presented to us for free. We can all have different opinions on how the club should spend it's money and in what ways they could 'be clever', but we should all accept the reality the club are operating within.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've been cutting back long before those issues though no? We didn't have FFP issues back in summer 2019, for example, did we? We weren't under any Uefa ffp rules as we hadn't kicked a ball in Europe yet. Since that summer we've barely broken even in any window. Makes me think that it's not just FFP, and that there has been a sea change in Fosun - possibly down to politics/waning interest. As for the interview with Johnny - must admit I find it hard to trust a word Shi says these days.
Good grief! After finishing 7th, 7th, 13th in the Premier League, our best run as a club since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and you can’t trust what Jeff Shi says?
Wow!!!!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. All the information is there. And it's not even hard to find. Like, it's not in a filing cabinet in a basement office with 'beware the leopard' on the door, it's in videos that the club have presented to us for free. We can all have different opinions on how the club should spend it's money and in what ways they could 'be clever', but we should all accept the reality the club are operating within.

The same videos of Jeff saying something along the lines of "be more welcoming" or something like that.

The only reason Fosun will ever pull the plug on Wolves is because they'll be hounded out by all the negativity. It'll become a self-fulfilling prophecy and the serial moaners can then say "told you so".

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They've been cutting back long before those issues though no? We didn't have FFP issues back in summer 2019, for example, did we? We weren't under any Uefa ffp rules as we hadn't kicked a ball in Europe yet. Since that summer we've barely broken even in any window. Makes me think that it's not just FFP, and that there has been a sea change in Fosun - possibly down to politics/waning interest. As for the interview with Johnny - must admit I find it hard to trust a word Shi says these days.

You mean in the summer they spent 32 million on Jimenez, 16 million on Cutrone and 20 million on Neto and Jordao? After two summers in a row of heavy investment and needing to carry the championship loss on Premier League FFP while still needing to also try and break even for European FFP? Truth is, we have yet to have a season when we're not restricted by one FFP or another. It WOULD have been this summer if we hadn't qualified for Europe when we did. Now it's pushed on to next summer.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same videos of Jeff saying something along the lines of "be more welcoming" or something like that.

The only reason Fosun will ever pull the plug on Wolves is because they'll be hounded out by all the negativity. It'll become a self-fulfilling prophecy and the serial moaners can then say "told you so".

And I do really worry that if Fosun do not do something in the next month about ADDING to our squad, then for the first time Jeff will really, really feel what a toxic and negative place Molineux can be (and make no mistake, it will be him, his cronies (such as Vinny, Russ and Matt) and Fosun who get it in the neck - not Bruno).

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to agree. There is constant criticism of the club, Jeff, our transfers…….

Some fans are never intimidated by the truth or by logic.

Reaction score
Good grief! After finishing 7th, 7th, 13th in the Premier League, our best run as a club since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and you can’t trust what Jeff Shi says?
Wow!!!!
He does talk a bit like a politician though, And he has gone back on stadium plans, he has blamed higher ticket prices (4th most expensive in the premier league now according to some sources) on competing with the top 6 but says the club are patient on getting into the top 6.

when I listen to him now I don’t take what he says at face value, I believe his words are careful and open to interpretation (a bit vague). I’m still happy with where Fosun have brought the club and believe they have the potential to take us further. But why would you trust a corporate entity anyway?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe "Jeff" will be bothered by negativity on a moaning forum and a few voices in the crowd...Nope!
The thinking from Jeff is most likely exactly the opposite. The time to be concerned is when there is no interest shown in the club. We can call it negativity but on the whole it is concern for the club they follow.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wowzers, dont often see a player come out with that kind of statement. Wonder who the big offer was from a few weeks ago.
Al Hilal but the **** don't want to sell to them as they're offering about £12-15m when Premier League clubs would pay closer to £25m.

Be interesting to see how it plays out because those comments suggest he wants the dosh in Saudi Arabia.

Sutton

Reaction score
He’s 100% unable to play in a 4. Great leader though
Exactly this about Coady. Love him but he has real problems when a forward is pushed up against him. In a back five he can get away with it as he drops deep and lets other players mark. In a four there is no hiding and you have to be able to defend one on one - Coady will struggle with this.

If we are trying to “progress” to four at the back and give us more men forward then Coady needs replacing. If Lage is going to play it safer and stick with five at the back then Coady has a role as there are not many better at the sweeper role.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Without doubt not the reason we aren't spending"...how the hell are you so sure?

Also if you read the article in full, he accounts Fiorentina buying Cutrone into the figures he’s spouting, they never did buy him, he’s still on our books and as yet hasn’t been sold and it’s not a given a club would pay anywhere near what Fiorentina would have if they’d activated the option/obligation

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
considering that Theo has outgrown the U23 and would be in and around the first team squads im optimistic that hes only been allowed to go on a loan as someone will be coming in
I don't think he would feature anywhere near the first team or bench ATM....Raul, Fabio, Traore Trincao all ahead, MGW for a different option, Neto when fit, and still currently have Cutrone and Mir on the books. If we get rid of the last 2 and don't bring anyone in, he may scape into a match day 20....

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he would feature anywhere near the first team or bench ATM....Raul, Fabio, Traore Trincao all ahead, MGW for a different option, Neto when fit, and still currently have Cutrone and Mir on the books. If we get rid of the last 2 and don't bring anyone in, he may scape into a match day 20....
Fair comment

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll try again with less snark.

There are two different FFP's that have been affecting the club. Premier league and UEFA.

In the year before we were subject to either of them, we ran up a huge debt getting out of the championship.

In our first three seasons in the prem, we were constrained by what we could do WITHIN Premier League FFP while carrying the championship debt.

Then we qualified for Europe at the end of the first year.

So in our second season up, we were operating within both premier league and UEFA FFP. Because of the championship debt, we failed the latter. But we had a good excuse, so UEFA were reasonable, and came to a settlement agreement aimed at proving we could manage effectively over the next two seasons.

Our third year in the premier league was the last year we were affected by the championship debt, because it aged off the books as the FFP window moved on. BUT we were still under the agreement with UEFA to break even for premier league seasons three and four -last season and this season.

So this summer we no longer need to worry about the championship debt when it comes to Premier league FFP. In effect, if we hadn't qualified for Europe we could go nuts this summer and spend whatever three full seasons of premier league money would allow us to within FFP. (Villa got round this by using Villa Park to plug the hole they created through championship spending. Sure, Fosun could probably get away with a similar trick, but given how much increased focus our ownership model is under -in part down to complaints from Villa- Jeff is running the club absolutely squeaky clean and transparent.) But we still have an agreement in place with UEFA. And that is the agreement Jeff commented on during Ask Wolves when he said Wolves aren't going to 'break the rules and pay a fine.' We agreed to a settlement and we're sticking to it.

But I know mods want FFP chat to stay off this thread, so I'll leave that as my last comment on it.
Mods, please can you cut and paste this and leave it as a sticky so we can point people in the direction of it?

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Despite the numerous occasions daily just leave this thread for transfers. Ffs it really is quite simple.

Anyway to make it easier here is a thread for you to talk about it to your hearts content

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the numerous occasions daily just leave this thread for transfers. Ffs it really is quite simple.
No, no, it's spelled FFP not FFS...

... oh, wait, I see what you're saying there. ;)

EDIT: it's just occurred to me that you're probably not in the mood for this

Back
Top Bottom