Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are you sure ?He was living in a new build near Aldersley last I heard .
Don't know where that would be. Only new(er) builds I can think of round here are off Sandy Lane and I can't see Coady in one of those.

(I live in Claregate)

I would have thought it was Tettenhall.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know where that would be. Only new(er) builds I can think of round here are off Sandy Lane and I can't see Coady in one of those.

(I live in Claregate)

I would have thought it was Tettenhall.
New build in Sandy Lane is what I was told pal

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FWIW I believe it's both. Has a property down here, and spends his summers up north closer to his extended family.

Makes sense. I don't really want to say more but my lad lives in Liverpool and a guy from another apartment saw his Wolves top, started talking to him as he does some weekly work for Coady's. My lad was a bit - yeah ok - but one day he turned up with some signed stuff.
I don't believe he was commuting from Liverpool to Wolves to do what he does.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am absolutely on board with Selling Coady, Mir, Cutrone etc as this means we'd only need 2 Signings - a CB and a CM.

If we sell Adama, we have to replace him. If we sell Neves, we have to replace him.

I disagree. We would need another striker as well.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
considering that Theo has outgrown the U23 and would be in and around the first team squads im optimistic that hes only been allowed to go on a loan as someone will be coming in

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You missed the point entirely.

It should have been spent on someone ready for the first team

Potentially, but the idea that Raul is in his prime and as you have seen with Spurs. Very hard to get a good back up when the is an undoubted number 9 at a club. Getting a lad with thought as world class Potential to be back up.

Selling Jota is our biggest mistake that window. His goals energy, drive and want to get into the box is what we missed last season and still do now

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
considering that Theo has outgrown the U23 and would be in and around the first team squads im optimistic that hes only been allowed to go on a loan as someone will be coming in

Wouldnt say that, I don't think he's close to being ready for the prem yet. Thought league 1 level loan would be his level. Suprised it's Wednesday though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about a leader who has no pace!!!
What he lacks in pace he makes up for leading and organising those around him. It was evident when he came on at the weekend and settled a defence that prior to that had looked vulnerable.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone as ready as Willian Jose?

That went well.
Potentially, but the idea that Raul is in his prime and as you have seen with Spurs. Very hard to get a good back up when the is an undoubted number 9 at a club. Getting a lad with thought as world class Potential to be back up.

Selling Jota is our biggest mistake that window. His goals energy, drive and want to get into the box is what we missed last season and still do now

No - not signing a decent centre mid since n Diaye left has been our biggest mistake

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Love Coady as a leader, not entirely convinced by him as a player (for our hopefully evolving system). If Kane manages to force his exit then Spurs are gonna have lots of money to spend. Why not wring Levy dry and get some good replacements in?

Coady is gonna leave ONE DAY, it's inevitable. Why not make that day a payday also?

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s a fair question but the club have answered it more than once. You can choose to believe he is or is not a “generational talent” or fair value, but that’s the reason he was purchased. A better question to ask is whether it made good business sense to invest in his future talent last year given other competing needs? In my view it was a gamble and Raul’s injury followed by others, probably suggests it wasn’t in hindsight.
A bit like buying your new driving gloves, but the car isn't being delivered for 5 years.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like buying your new driving gloves, but the car isn't being delivered for 5 years.
I posted a different analogy a while back. It’s like having a bit of cash in the bank. You see a car for sale which you’re confident will become a future classic worth much more in a few years. You buy it but then have no cash to repair the whole in the roof of your house which appeared in the autumn storms a few months later.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Only when he has gone will people realise how much our defence relied upon him.

Saiss isn't a reliable defender in my opinion,
Boly, for whatever reason, isn't the player he once was - whether illness or injury.
Mosqueda - We have a raw 18yr old prospect, that's not yet played a full top level game for us, that some see as the saviour.
Kilman - I like a lot, but people on here say is too weak, gets bullied and doesn't win headers

The opinion however is that we only need one centre half and the one that some people want to replace is our experienced Captain and England International defender. I don't understand the thinking.

Yeah, I think ideally it would be one new centre back to partner our captain, with Boly and Kilman as backup and Mosquera as a squad player.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are right on the edge right now and they may get stung at the end of this year, maybe why they take the 100m for grealish in truth, and rescue there finances.

If you actually look at a whole however, we spent massive in the championship.

Villa have bought in more from attendances and merch then we were, its not just spending on transfers, its wages, and business turnover.

Going off tangent here so will leave it there - when they get promoted they suffered a huge loss but sold there stadium for £56.7m.

They have to rectify it this year.
And as we know they sold their stadium to... Their owner. To balance the books and keep up their spending spree.

Insane that they are allowed to do that.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
What he lacks in pace he makes up for leading and organising those around him. It was evident when he came on at the weekend and settled a defence that prior to that had looked vulnerable.
I thought when he came on we resorted to type and everyone dropped deeper.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barring a £30m plus bid from possibly Spurs it is highly unlikely we will sell Coady. The big question remains as to whether he is capable enough to operate in a four at the back or whether his lack of pace and poor aerial ability will expose us again and again. We all know the positives he brings and especially in the dressing room. Lage wants to play a high defensive line and that means opponents will be floating balls over the top for fast strikers to exploit. Coady could be very vulnerable.

As always it would depend on how much we got and how well it was invested. But I think Coady will stay. Whether he can keep his place in the light of Mosquera and Kilman'.s obvious progress, not to mention the possibility of another CB being signed, is quite another matter.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the guy that wasn't even a starting player for most the time he was here and since then signed Joao Moutinho....

Not signing a Centre half is the bigger issue we had under Nuno.
Both are issues but centre midfield has been poor since n diaye left .

Moutinho was great in year 1, but him and neves haven’t played well together since this time .

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barring a £30m plus bid from possibly Spurs it is highly unlikely we will sell Coady. The big question remains as to whether he is capable enough to operate in a four at the back or whether his lack of pace and poor aerial ability will expose us again and again. We all know the positives he brings and especially in the dressing room. Lage wants to play a high defensive line and that means opponents will be floating balls over the top for fast strikers to exploit. Coady could be very vulnerable.

As always it would depend on how much we got and how well it was invested. But I think Coady will stay. Whether he can keep his place in the light of Mosquera and Kilman'.s obvious progress, not to mention the possibility of another CB being signed, is quite another matter.

I have seen with fosun that actually if a bid is made we usually do inevitably sell, like we did with Jota. A bid of 20m plus for Coady and he will be off with then Lage free to get a CB in for his 4 alongside a fit boly with mosquera as a squad alt.

Neves to get armband which will mean he stays then moutinho to see how his last years at wolves returning to Portugal for a coaching career perhaps

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am confused.

Boly hasn't been at the races due to illness, injury or mid game brain farts for a while now.
Kilman (who I rate) gets criticised for being bullied / not a good header of the ball
Mosquera is an entirely unknown quantity in top flight English football
Saiss is a midfielder playing centre half with no great pace (like Coady) but doesn't read the game as well and is more of a liability

One centre half though and we will be ok? and the centre half we replace is Coady, the most experienced, best communicator and proven defender / England International.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There needs to be a sticky thread at the top of the forum to be honest of the explanations above. I read one more post claiming we are ran by lying dodgy supervillains because we aren’t spending £100 million this year like Villa I’m going to scream
Drives me bonkers too.
They seem to think Guo plucked Jeff from a McDonalds joint in some backwater place and gave him the job of managing Wolves. They seem to think he’s stupid, a liar, naive, untrustworthy, inexperienced and Mendes puppet.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s 100% unable to play in a 4. Great leader though

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 decent cb is fine by me the big issue is centre mid. With the way we play we are better off having a dominant midfield and pressing than a strong defence that keeps getting over run because of a press game that doesn’t suit them.

Back
Top Bottom