Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Burnley. The verdict.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

We will be chatting here live giving our verdict,

if you wish to join us you can zoom in with us:

Meeting ID: 952 0240 0507
Passcode: 691253

or

click here to join us!

Please be patient as you are admitted into waiting room and then added to the call.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies @bod101, for starting this before Full Time occurred.

But: WHAT THE FLIPPING HELL WAS THAT?!?!

A totally and wholly unacceptable performance all round.

Sluggish in all areas; Nuno not making ANY changes at Half Time rightfully should anger us all and a Defensive display, that was one of the worst in recent decades.

Fine them all a Week's Wages and Mr Shi - I would begin, that of we really want to go forward, to seriously consider when a change is required.

And that - sadly, in my mind is soon.

Only the Baggies next week!

D

Deleted member 5276

Well, what to say about that shambles?

Far too many players playing without real passion and just going through the motions. Horrendous first half and lack luster after that.

Patricio - Must be fed up playing behind this shower. Constantly exposing him and failing to protect him. That said, he could help himself by commanding his six yard box and I also felt he could have done better with his positioning on the first goal. 5
Ait-Nouri - I'm finally seeing what he brings and that's because he has Boly behind him to help. Shows some nice touches but shouldn't be a regular starter at this stage in his career for a team that has any ambition. Not really sure we have any these days so he'll enjoy getting some experience under his belt. 6
Semedo - surprised when he came off so assume he has some sort of knock. 6
Coady - Out of form and it's affecting the whole team as defensively we are a shambles, partic. from set pieces. 4
Boly - Ugly first half, beaten far too much and responsible for the first goal. 4
Saiss - Poor distribution and responsible for the 4th goal. 4
Dendoncker - powder puff who again demonstrated he puts his own welfare above the team. Disgusted with him when he pulled out of a very winnable challenge midway through the second half. This guy is one of the reasons we are playing like we are. Lacking commitment and quality. One to bin if we are to progress. 4
Neves - Must be asking himself what future he has at the club. Far from the worse player but subbed to allow experience for Vitinha. 6
Traore - Awful day. Gave away the second goal. Lucky not to see red for his hand to the face and then constantly crossing the ball out of play thereafter. 3
Jose - Weak, awful first touch most of the time and offered nothing. Get rid.2
Podence - A shambles. Some fans like him because they think he's clever but he actually harms the team. Constantly gives the ball away and has absolutely no end product. His fake injury spoke volumes about him and his character and I don't want players like this at Wolves. Not even going to give him a mark after that. Disgusted by him.

Vitinha / Silva / Gibbs - White - just joined in with the rest of the crap.

Burnley - well deserved victory and the fact they outran us and out fought us speaks volumes about their commitment compared to ours. They ran 6km more than our players it was reported. Nuff said. 10

Ref - Gave us a break with the Traore yellow instead of red. Let the game flow, no real issues. 8

Nuno - Got some huge problems to sort out and it seems things are not well behind the scenes. These players are no longer playing for each other and seemed uninterested in representing our city today. OK, we know it's strange times, but this is completely unacceptable. Needs to ask himself if he has taken us as far as he can and come up with an honest answer because he has looked clueless and unmotivated himself at time this season.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope we can get to the end of the season, which should still be in the PL, without any more damaging defeats like this one.

There is a genuine chance we could pull a Sheff Utd next season, they had a poor time of it post project-restart and carried it into this season.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Fantastic effort, we were first to everything and played with pace and attacking intent. The defence were solid and the midfield controlled the game.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Far too many players playing without real passion and just going through the motions. Horrendous first half and lack luster after that.

Patricio - Must be fed up playing behind this shower. Constantly exposing him and failing to protect him. That said, he could help himself by commanding his six yard box and I also felt he could have done better with his positioning on the first goal. 5
Ait-Nouri - I'm finally seeing what he brings and that's because he has Boly behind him to help. Shows some nice touches but shouldn't be a regular starter at this stage in his career for a team that has any ambition. Not really sure we have any these days so he'll enjoy getting some experience under his belt. 6
Coady - Out of form and it's affecting the whole team as defensively we are a shambles, partic. from set pieces. 4
Boly - Ugly first half, beaten far too much and responsible for the first goal. 4
Dendoncker - powder puff who again demonstrated he puts his own welfare above the team. Disgusted with him when he pulled out of a very winnable challenge midway through the second half. This guy is one of the reasons we are playing like we are. Lacking commitment and quality. One to bin if we are to progress. 4
Neves - Must be asking himself what future he has at the club. Far from the worse player but subbed to allow experience for Vitinha. 6
Traore - Awful day. Gave away the second goal. Lucky not to see red for his hand to the face and then constantly crossing the ball out of play thereafter. 3
Podence - A shambles. Some fans like him because they think he's clever but he actually harms the team. Constantly gives the ball away and has absolutely no end product. His fake injury spoke volumes about him and his character and I don't want players like this at Wolves. Not even going to give him a mark after that. Disgusted by him.

Burnley - well deserved victory and the fact they outran us and out fought us speaks volumes about their commitment compared to ours. They ran 6km more than our players it was reported. Nuff said. 10

Ref - Gave us a break with the Traore yellow instead of red. Let the game flow, no real issues. 8

Nuno - Got some huge problems to sort out and it seems things are not well behind the scenes. These players are no longer playing for each other and seemed uninterested in representing our city today. OK, we know it's strange times, but this is completely unacceptable. Needs to ask himself if he has taken us as far as he can and come up with an honest answer because he has looked clueless and unmotivated himself at time this season.
Very fair. You gave more points than I would have but I think the balance was spot on. I haven’t seen every game Nuno’s managed but I’ve seen a lot, and that’s right up there amongst the worst performances.

D

Deleted member 11332

Anyone wanna play Nuno bingo. I'm gonna go, Burnley very good side, we need solutions, we go game by game.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Something needs to change. That’s as poor as we’ve been in years. Desperate to find positives but I can’t.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Embarrassing. Disgraceful.

If Nuno loses next week then we have to seriously think he should go immediately.

Either way, huge questions need to be asked. There were 5/6 players who were incredibly bad, I know we'll say they were all **** but Saiss, Boly, Dendoncker, Traore (although he at least tried) and Jose were abysmal. Absymal.

Ultimately, it comes down to the manager.

Why persist with a five in a game where we knew we would have more of the ball and would need to be braver to break them down?

Why play the CB's on their wrong sides when they need to pass more? Both actually can't kick the ball with their weaker foot, so they're turning in field and not capable of keeping the ball.

We are so weak and that has to be the worst result in years, but it's not really a surprise.

We really could go down next season.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Not one player in a Gold shirt turned up today. You can afford a few players to have an off game but not everyone.
If we play like this next season we will go down make no mistake.

What disappointed me the most was a lack of effort and tactically clueless ...we had no idea what we were doing.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict?

On the beach

Three big individual errors for three of the goals (Boly, Traore, Saiss), pulling out of tackles (Euros around the corner you know). Burnley needed it and wanted it, we want the season to end

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was following along nicely until I saw Neves with a 6. Guessing he's your favourite player? Cause he was just as awful as everyone else.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could of accepted us losing by a goal due to it ****ing the **** over but that woeful performance was ****ing disgusting. Cant see us winning another game this season with this team. Maybe a point off Brighton but that will be a big ask. Never wanted Nuno out but something needs to change because if this goes into nx season like this I have no doubt we will go down. Smash the **** nx week and all will be forgiven but think I'm wishing far to high

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barring Ait Nouri every other player was embarrassing at least he looked like a professional player in some respect today.

Every player should be ashamed losing to a team like Burnley in that manner it was a disgustingly unprofessional performance and should be punished

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know, I'm wondering if what happened to Raul has put off our players from really attacking headers? some players, such as Dendoncker really seem to chicken out of those sort of challenges at the moment, turning their back or just not putting their head in at all.

L78

Reaction score
No fight no pride nuno keeps doing the same thing over and over never changes all great managers change and adapt looks lost out there

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14 losses
3 defeats by a 4.0 scoreline
Not acceptable
Squad overhaul needed otherwise we are down next year

Some disgusting performances today, far as I'm concerned I'm done with some of them. Season filters out now.

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
Podence is awful, a waste of space. Jose is the worst signing since Paul Gladdon. The defence are absolutely woeful. Just **** poor all round.

Our third 4-0 loss this season. No effort, no creativity. Somethings got to give. This season has been so stale and pathetic.

Just how many more turgid performances before fosun react?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Disgusting, Disgraceful, Despair.

Rui - 6
Few decent saves and claims from crosses.

Ait-Nouri 6
Pick of players for me. Good going forward and getting stuck in well. Burnley got crosses in too easily though.

Boly 1
His worst performance in a Wolves shirt

Coady 2
Embarrassing for first goal, totally bullied by Wood as usual

Saiss 3
Probably the pick of a horrendous bunch I in back 3, calamity error.

Semedo 5
Not noticeable, ain't a great thing for sure a high profile transfer but not terrible.

Neves 3
Bullied, poor on ball. Been very average apart from a brief spell this year.

Dendoncker 2
Didnt win much ball, terrible in possession.

Podence 1
Disinterested, made bad decisions. Gave the ball away a million times.

Jose 1
Disgusting marking from corner, took terrible shot option and was bullied

Traore 2
Tried hard and battled but no quality.

Fabio 3
Looked lively when he came on but faded massively.

Vitinha 6
Actually passed the ball forwards and drove occasionally. Promising player.

MGW 5
No real impact but again passed ball forwards a bit

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ I’d rather listen to Dwight McNeil’s interviews on a loop than this team right now and that’s saying something

Back
Top Bottom