Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doc

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the top 6 in England is another league higher than the rest. It's not just one little place in the table. It's "Belonging" with clubs who don't spend decades wallowing in the Championship. Clubs who actually win things. And Spurs.
*******s is it.
Before man city came along it was the big 4, that couldn't be broken. Now it is a big 6 because tottenham gate crashed the champions league party, despite never having won anything of note.
Leicester aren't going to go away any time soon, and neither are we.
Don't let a couple of trophies get in the way of the fact Arsenal too are a club in long term decline. Too many signings they make aren't at the class required. I don't see spurs squad and think it is anything to be massively afraid of. So why can't we finish above them?

RobB

Reaction score
We struggle for goals as it is, losing one of our few players who can create and score goals is an interesting decision.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirmed gone. Good luck Doc. Time for signings Shi!

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“His departure was not something we had planned ahead of the summer, but when the offer came in, we discussed and analysed it deeply with the coaching team and the board. We also spoke to Matt who was eager to move onto a new chapter in his career.“

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Matt been a great servant
Gutted it has happened still and up to the board to do something

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“His departure was not something we had planned ahead of the summer, but when the offer came in, we discussed and analysed it deeply with the coaching team and the board. We also spoke to Matt who was eager to move onto a new chapter in his career.“
Not part of some master plan then. Great.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only think of Nuno’s end of season interview when he talked about the future.

‘Some players have been with us since the beginning’ is what he said.

That obviously included Doc.

Wasn’t he hinting about something during the interview?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doesnt look like it and what I'd like to know is why they have been so quick to sell for what seems a very low fee. Some good news from the club would be nice this week and not the latest clothes products.

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
Gutted, but this is football...
Currently we are not looking for a replacement for;
Raul
Neves
Boly
Adama
So that’s some good news.

Good luck Matt, your commitment to Wolves has never been questioned and you’ve given us some great moments.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was hoping to read somewhere that although he was flattered, he'd prefer to stay.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Good luck Matt (apart from against us).

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not happy about this one, best of luck Matt....please be kind when you come up against us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Always sad to lose a great servant to the club.

Thanks for 10 years of wonderful service Matt and best of luck for the future.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to ensure we get a quality replacement in then, the problem is that this will surely cost more than we got for Doc so that removes money from the kitty to strengthen other parts of the team.
To be fair you cannot legislate against a team coming in for a player and the player wanting the move, it just feels that we let him go too cheaply.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair you cannot legislate against a team coming in for a player and the player wanting the move, it just feels that we let him go too cheaply.

You can, he was contracted until 2023, Wolves have been happy to sell for a pretty uninspiring fee.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only think that Nuno and his team took into account that Doc missed a fair bit of the season just ended with his knee injury and we coped without him. It did take some time for him to get back to form didn’t it!

Can’t remember who played in his place during the injury.

Any thoughts?

I do wish Doc all the best. A great servant who will be welcomed back by me.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will surely start the season with Traore and Vinagre in the wing back positions, not the end if the world, but we need two new signings before the window shuts.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a bad word to say about Wolves but...moving here takes my game and career to the next level

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until window closes (and for season) I think 3-5-2 suits us better...or for all 1st halves...

So, for at least 1st 2 games, as we stand, think Traore for Doc at RWB, leaves one of Podence, Jota, Neto, Campana, Davadev (?) to partner Raul up top.

At LWB, Vinagre... or even Jota to get him deeper & more involved, like Raul goal v Spurs....and reckon Neto can do both WB positions.

See all these able do a #10 role Podence, Neto, Jordao, Mouts, with Neves and Dendonk as holding 2.
No you're wrong, we only have 2 weeks (literally), to replace him and find a defender. :rolleyes:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting comments by Shi but still no logic in letting him go with Jonny injured before having already secured at least one replacement.

We still havent got a replacement in for Jonny either.

Back
Top Bottom