Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doc

D

Deleted member 4008

If he had plans they were not on buying players in time so they gel . Like Doc going to sours he will train with his teammates. Our signings the invisible man will do well to get to know his teammates.

Not impressed this preseason at all. Should have had players lined up to come and quickly to improve the squad . So far we have not improved any area of the squad and weakened it with 2 weeks until season starts .

Wait for Nuno not signing a new deal and walking out next . Any manager will want to win things and not just the odd manager of the month . So you don't back him expect Nuno to say like doc **** you I'm off. Its not rocket science . Yes FFP but over half the teams in the prem are in the same boat but managing to spend money .

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the fee has to do with the pandemic. It wouldn’t surprise me to see that ‘normal’ transfer fees are lower and only the mega star transfers stay at the same levels.

I could be talking *******s though :)

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't plan for every eventuality. How many on here thought Doc would be wanted by Spurs? The club are either desperate for money or have considered the move and feel it's best for all parties. If your a pessimist its probably option A.
Let's hope there's some incoming next week or Nuno signs to lighten the mood a little.
It just slightly concerns me that it wasn’t part of a strategy. Pretty much everyone has dismissed it that it was all part of Nuno’s plans for moving forwards and improving the team, which is fine, but this confirms otherwise, which raises questions to me.

It’s not so much this move in isolation, but combine it with everything else that also has questions right now and we could do with some communication from the club.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to ensure we get a quality replacement in then, the problem is that this will surely cost more than we got for Doc so that removes money from the kitty to strengthen other parts of the team.
To be fair you cannot legislate against a team coming in for a player and the player wanting the move, it just feels that we let him go too cheaply.
Sounds like we took the low offer as an alternative to asking for more, having the deal fall through and being left with an unsettled player. J wonder if he was no longer convinced we were moving forward and jumped af the chance to move on.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just slightly concerns me that it wasn’t part of a strategy. Pretty much everyone has dismissed it that it was all part of Nuno’s plans for moving forwards and improving the team, which is fine, but this confirms otherwise, which raises questions to me.

It’s not so much this move in isolation, but combine it with everything else that also has questions right now and we could do with some communication from the club.
Exactly. I made similar comments on the 'Who do you put your trust in?' thread. Something isn't right, and hasn't been for a while

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he had plans they were not on buying players in time so they gel . Like Doc going to sours he will train with his teammates. Our signings the invisible man will do well to get to know his teammates.

Not impressed this preseason at all. Should have had players lined up to come and quickly to improve the squad . So far we have not improved any area of the squad and weakened it with 2 weeks until season starts .

Wait for Nuno not signing a new deal and walking out next . Any manager will want to win things and not just the odd manager of the month . So you don't back him expect Nuno to say like doc **** you I'm off. Its not rocket science . Yes FFP but over half the teams in the prem are in the same boat but managing to spend money .
It's not exactly a typical pre-season though is it? We're not even back training, there's an international break and we play our first game in two weeks.

Doc is off with Ireland now so won't get any training with Spurs in for over a week. We're all in the same boat.

Will be the exact same scenario if AML signs for us now he's been called up.

I can see the first few weeks of the season offering up a right mixed bag of results across the league.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand Doc leaving but am puzzled by how little we sold him for and him going before we have a replacement.
Agree the fee seems low. Hope it's a top up to the club funds, seen as being enough to ensure our targets in. Hope.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like we took the low offer as an alternative to asking for more, having the deal fall through and being left with an unsettled player. J wonder if he was no longer convinced we were moving forward and jumped af the chance to move on.
or maybe he knows who we might be bringing in and that he would he moving down the pecking order for a first team place, until we see who all the incomings are as well as outgoings it's difficult to make any judgement

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That last comment by doc is a kick in the *******s if u ask me
No need to get bent out of shape really. Players say whatever they think the audience wants to hear, and he is now speaking to a Spurs audience. He is hardly likely to say, “ Arhh, it’s a sideways move or a step down” is he.
Let’s face it, Spurs have probably significantly increased his wages, have been in the top flight and towards the top of that for a long time and have a multiple title winning manager.
He goes with my blessing and I look forward to finishing above them next season!

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know he's got to say all that crap re. joining Spurs, but what a load of crap. No Matt, no you can't play in midfield, or in a back 4 or in a back 3. You are a wing back and Nuno made you. As for the rest of the comments, you're soon forgotten you wee snake.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t understand why replacement not secured before we let him go........may have , hope so

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Interesting that everyone says the fee is low, yet neither Wolves nor Tottenham have confirmed what the fee actually is. Reminds me of that great moment in the Royle Family:

Barbara: "She's looking her age, that Judith Chalmers, isn't she Jim?"
Jim: "I don't know, how old is she?"
Barbara: "Oh, I don't know."

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or maybe he knows who we might be bringing in and that he would he moving down the pecking order for a first team place, until we see who all the incomings are as well as outgoings it's difficult to make any judgement
Maybe so. Something doesnt feel right though.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I know he's got to say all that crap re. joining Spurs, but what a load of crap. No Matt, no you can't play in midfield, or in a back 4 or in a back 3. You are a wing back and Nuno made you. As for the rest of the comments, you're soon forgotten you wee snake.
Didn’t take long. :(

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Doc isnt convinced then others wont be, surely if thats the case then higher rated players like Neves, Raul etc would be pushing for a move too.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's see how the money is spent. As I have said in other posts we will end up with someone 5 years younger and they may take a year or two before we see their true potential. But as long as who ever comes in has the potential to be better that's fine.

Time will tell.

Thanks Matt for all your contributions. I genuinely wish him well.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish fee, rubbish interview, I’m well and truly ****ed off. I would wish Matt good luck after all the things he’s done at Wolves, but reading that interview and given the fee likely means he was being a **** about the opportunity to move, then good ****ing riddance.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Fee is low, the club need 3 signings before the season starts. Maitland-Niles ideal as he can cover both fullbacks, with a starting right back and cover striker priority. A centre back is also needed but can wait until later in window as we know Saiss is a decent player we can rely on for time being.

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve been able to look on this fairly subjectively up til this morning. You know, it’s all part of the circle of life, well football anyway. Then I’ve just seen Doc smiling in his Spurs shirt. I’m not happy, but I’m sure I’ll get over it. Probably.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Doc isnt convinced then others wont be, surely if thats the case then higher rated players like Neves, Raul etc would be pushing for a move too.
That's the worry. If the wheels are coming off they will be picked off.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the saying that there is no loyalty in football comes to mind. Didnt expect Doc to take a metaphorical dump on the club on the way out though.
This interview is to please his new club and fan base. Give it a couple of hours and there’ll be the Twitter/Instagram post from him thanking Wolves.

Part and parcel of football now. It’s just a job to them.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally unnecessary.
Why do people have to be so bitter towards a player who has been a tremendous servant and seemingly just wants to try and better himself. He owes us nothing and I say good luck to him.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no problem with his interview with Spurs. He's speaking to Spurs fans. It's what every player does. They do have a better training ground, a better stadium, and a manager who has won multiple titles in European leagues even if he isn't the manager he once was. It's a great move for him.

It's something we should be aspiring to be, just with trophies to go along with it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally unnecessary.
why do people have to be so bitter towards a player who has been a tremendous servant and seemingly just wants to try and better himself. He owes us nothing and I say good luck to him.

You have to be joking. He owes us nothing? Where was he before he signed for Wolves? What was he like as a player before Nuno worked with him? I don’t begrudge someone seeking to better himself, but when you read the interview and look at the low fee, it’s clear he was itching to leave. So stuff him.

Benny78

Reaction score
How is that a graceless interview? He’s excited to be heading to a big club in London- what’s the problem? Sour grapes much?? Was he supposed to talk about Wolves the whole time and “The Project”

Seriously so sad... good luck to Matt for mine. A great of our club and I wish him all the best for him and his family in the future.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player moves to new club; player praises new club... it's hardly headline news. If it had been the other way around and he was joining us the scripted words would have gone something like "... joining an ambitious club... feels like I've moved somewhere with a plan... so excited and honoured... Nuno sold me the project so I jumped at the chance to move... blah" ... and it would have been immature Spurs fans calling him names and getting over excited on message boards.

Put your dummies back in and move on.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no problem with his interview with Spurs. He's speaking to Spurs fans. It's what every player does. They do have a better training ground, a better stadium, and a manager who has won multiple titles in European leagues even if he isn't the manager he once was. It's a great move for him.

It's something we should be aspiring to be, just with trophies to go along with it.
Wonder if people said the same about Leicester when they sold Kante, Mahrez and Drinkwater after winning the league?

Players aren't idiots, just the fans tend to be.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to be joking. He owes us nothing? Where was he before he signed for Wolves? What was he like as a player before Nuno worked with him? I don’t begrudge someone seeking to better himself, but when you read the interview and look at the low fee, it’s clear he was itching to leave. So stuff him.
He owes us **** all, he got where he got with his own endeavour and hard work. Move on, acting like an entitled man child.

Back
Top Bottom