Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doc

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may have to if we have not got a replacement already lined up. Other teams are not generally stupid and their negotiating powers go up if they know we need certain players.
The club may have deals lined up already, maybe even completed, but its getting too near the start of the season to expect as many as we need to bed in to the side for a while.

The season is only two weeks away, so there must be a replacement lined up. If not, it is taking a big gamble letting Doherty go.

JR’s Boots

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s a very encouraging development. Attacking wise we’ve been rumbled as other teams match us up and pressed on our WBs. Doherty, in particular, struggled giving the ball away.
Since lockdown, against the better sides such as Arsenal and Chelsea, we couldn’t lay a glove on them. Sevilla gave us a lesson in movement and ball retention. Nuno’s after match presser was the clue to what is happening now when he stopped mentioning improvements and instead spoke of needing help with new players.
The fact that Shi and Nuno have sanctioned the sale as part of evolution of style of play is good to hear.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a very encouraging development. Attacking wise we’ve been rumbled as other teams match us up and pressed on our WBs. Doherty, in particular, struggled giving the ball away.
Since lockdown, against the better sides such as Arsenal and Chelsea, we couldn’t lay a glove on them. Sevilla gave us a lesson in movement and ball retention. Nuno’s after match presser was the clue to what is happening now when he stopped mentioning improvements and instead spoke of needing help with new players.
The fact that Shi and Nuno have sanctioned the sale as part of evolution of style of play is good to hear.
so do you think we will not be playing wing backs or buying better players for those positions

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then again look at Leeds and what they are spending. Of course it may not work but I have a feeling with Bielsa there they will do well. We dont have much choice but to spend some decent money now as the squad is so light on numbers. We must have the smallest current group of players by a mile in the Premier League.
They’ll need to spend to be competitive in my opinion. Think people are talking them up a little much personally but we’ll see. I don’t think they’ll do as well as we did or Sheffield United did after promotion.

We’ve spent £80m odd in each of the summer windows, I’m sure we’ll spend in this one too.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see your point but if the wages offer from Spurs was lower, the same as now or higher, that would make a difference.

I agree, if Spurs offered him lower wages, that probably would make a difference, that's very different from us offering lower wages, if we don't want him to go, he wouldn't be going.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
difference is Leeds are buying quality players who wouldn’t look out of place I. Any top 4 side

Rodrigo could easily play for Liverpool or city and compete with fimrino and jesus

where as villa and Fulham paid overpriced champ players

I'm going to assume your joking and give you the ebenfit of the doubt. Rodrigo wouldn't get in our team, he might just make the bench. He would get laughed out of town at Liverpool or City.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so do you think we will not be playing wing backs or buying better players for those positions
I can't imagine us adopting a different style of play after Nuno ingraining the WB-style for three years. I'd hope we are looking for an improvement on Doc. Who - I don't know as if AMN does come from Arsenal; I think it will be to cover for Jonny in the first instance.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, if Spurs offered him lower wages, that probably would make a difference, that's very different from us offering lower wages, if we don't want him to go, he wouldn't be going.
Even if we wanted to keep him, if Spurs offered him a substantial pay raise then his head has been turned. Yes he’s under contract but if a player really wants to leave then a club has to consider that.
Anyway, I presume we all wish him well......unless he score a winner against us.:(

D

Deleted member 5910

First off, in probably the only prediction I ever got right, I called this one back in July. For exactly the reasons stated then, going through the squad, wondering who this seasons "surprise departure" could be:

"I have an intuition that Doherty is the one who will leave. I think he's now past his "peak potential" and the owners have shown they are quite ruthless at moving players on when they think that is the case. Maximum cash in value right now."

You might say the same thing about Jimenez. Doc not a 'fashionable' player I fear, which may reflect in the readiness to get rid at peak age, and in a fee that significantly undervalues him in the modern market. I otherwise cannot fathom it.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just a hint of conjecture here

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might say the same thing about Jimenez. Doc not a 'fashionable' player I fear, which may reflect in the readiness to get rid at peak age, and in a fee that significantly undervalues him in the modern market. I otherwise cannot fathom it.

Yes, and other than Doherty, Raul appears the most likely to leave.

In what sense "unfashionable"? That Sky write up the other day was raving about how exceptional he is in his role. And even those of us who had doubts in his early years, have been totally won over by his performances since Nuno took over.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to assume your joking and give you the ebenfit of the doubt. Rodrigo wouldn't get in our team, he might just make the bench. He would get laughed out of town at Liverpool or City.

He would walk onto our bench as it stands.

D

Deleted member 5910

Yes, and other than Doherty, Raul appears the most likely to leave.

In what sense "unfashionable"? That Sky write up the other day was raving about how exceptional he is in his role. And even those of us who had doubts in his early years, have been totally won over by his performances since Nuno took over.
I suppose in as much that all the players Fosun inherited will gradually go, probably even Coady. I imagine he hasn't gone yet because of how good a captain he is, but the time will come when Nuno trusts another player enough to give him the armband, and that'll be yer lot for Conor. I sense the ultimate goal is a total root-and-stem replacement of what once was, and maybe there is a distrust of the players who were there in the bad times. I don't think there would be a situation where one of Nuno's signings is linked away and two days later, it's basically confirmed, yet Bennett, Doherty etc, seem to go out of the door in short order. I'm shocked by how quick and frictionless this deal for Doc has been, compared to the torture that is following a signing prospectively coming in.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose in as much that all the players Fosun inherited will gradually go, probably even Coady. I imagine he hasn't gone yet because of how good a captain he is, but the time will come when Nuno trusts another player enough to give him the armband, and that'll be yer lot for Conor. I sense the ultimate goal is a total root-and-stem replacement of what once was, and maybe there is a distrust of the players who were there in the bad times. I don't think there would be a situation where one of Nuno's signings is linked away and two days later, it's basically confirmed, yet Bennett, Doherty etc, seem to go out of the door in short order. I'm shocked by how quick and frictionless this deal for Doc has been, compared to the torture that is following a signing prospectively coming in.

I imagine Neves will get the armband next summer as a way of keeping him for one more year.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Then again look at Leeds and what they are spending. Of course it may not work but I have a feeling with Bielsa there they will do well. We dont have much choice but to spend some decent money now as the squad is so light on numbers. We must have the smallest current group of players by a mile in the Premier League.
Leeds have currently not spent as much ad we did in our first window in Prem.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In place of who ? Jota ? Traore ? Neto ? Podence ? If you think he’d get near our team I assume you’ve never seen him play ??

He'd get in ahead of Jota based on his form after lockdown last season or Campana. The lad hasnt won 20 odd caps for Spain for no reason.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds have currently not spent as much ad we did in our first window in Prem.

I think that will happen over the next couple of weeks looking at who they are allegedly going for. Not that it will guarantee success but the calibre of players they are being linked with look very impressive.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Didnt have a great season but has still shown quality.
Ye he is a good player but if anyone here is trying to pretend we'd be dancing around the room if we'd dropped £30M on a 29 year old who'd scored 59 in 220 over the last 6 seasons then they are being a bit dishonest.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would walk onto our bench as it stands.
I know it was a long time ago, but he scored 1 goal last he played in the prem. Also only 38 in 172 apps over 6 La liga seasons for Valencia.
it could be argued Raul stats were not too impressive either, but I wouldn’t say it’s a world class signing, and certainly not anywhere near Liverpool or city standards as someone else suggested.

D

Deleted member 4008

Rodrigo scored 4 times last year.
How many did Campana get last season and a few games he was on our bench a d then not. So Nuno doesn't think he is ready so where is the back up to Raul ? . For god sake don't say Jota or traore or podence as they can't play that role.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

How many did Campana get last season and a few games he was on our bench a d then not. So Nuno doesn't think he is ready so where is the back up to Raul ? . For god sake don't say Jota or traore or podence as they can't play that role.
Irrelevant to the discussion of him vs Jota. Do try to keep up

D

Deleted member 4008

I know it was a long time ago, but he scored 1 goal last he played in the prem. Also only 38 in 172 apps over 6 La liga seasons for Valencia.
it could be argued Raul stats were not too impressive either, but I wouldn’t say it’s a world class signing, and certainly not anywhere near Liverpool or city standards as someone else suggested.
But who is the backup to Raul then in your opinion

D

Deleted member 4008

So a Spanish international is better than Campana . Pull your head out your **** . Sorry but ****ing hell some people have rose tinted glasses on here. Rather than grasping some sort of constructive criticism and realism . If you think the bench is strong enough and backup to Raul . Where Jota did **** all after the restart and traore chipped in with the odd goal and assist then God help us next season pal . Just hope you are not on the scouting team or we will be challenging for bottom six not top six . But that is me been realistic about it and not having ( nothing said bad against my club glasses on )

D

Deleted member 4008

So you'd have been happy dropping 30M on Rodrigo, yes or no?
Yes if it is the difference between Benny Ashley seal and Campana on the bench . Wouldn't you or you happy they are better options for Spain for 22 plus games and 8 goals ?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yes if it is the difference between Benny Ashley seal and Campana on the bench . Wouldn't you or you happy they are better options for Spain for 22 plus games and 8 goals ?
No, because there are **** tons better players available. It's idiotic to throw money away to appease pant ****ing fans rather than sign good players. If you are a fan of the former Everton might be a team who interests you.

Back
Top Bottom