Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Emiliano Sala

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to these two guys, and there families. I guess while they dont find any Debris there is still hope that they are out there alive..

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Surely they are prioritising option 3 because sadly 1) & 2) are basically impossible to imagine, and 4) is unfortunately what probably occurred.

Yes, but also there's not much point searching for them if they landed elsewhere or were picked up by a passing ship as they won't be in danger, and not much point searching for them if 4) happened as there's zero chance they would have survived in the water for this long. Option 3), if it happened, would mean they're in the middle of a busy shipping lane in an inflatable and in serious danger, but may still be alive.

wolfjoy_uk

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes, but also there's not much point searching for them if they landed elsewhere or were picked up by a passing ship as they won't be in danger, and not much point searching for them if 4) happened as there's zero chance they would have survived in the water for this long. Option 3), if it happened, would mean they're in the middle of a busy shipping lane in an inflatable and in serious danger, but may still be alive.

I am hoping it's option 3 but I have serious doubts it is - they would be in a life raft (presumably with flares etc and brightly coloured to make it easier to spot) in the middle of a relatively small piece of water that also happens to be the busiest shipping lanes in the world.

As I say - hopefully they are and there is a happy end to this - thought and prayers are with his and the pilots families as well as Nantes and Cardiff

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the worst case scenario has indeed happened then it is a tragic event for the two men and their families. I really hope that the bodies are recovered for the sake of their loved ones.
Many years ago some good friends lost their young son when his fishing boat went down suddenly and sadly his body was never recovered. It tormented a lovely couple for many years.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrific that he told people he seemed to be on a plane that was going to fall apart.

Sylarwolf

Reaction score
The channel isnt too deep (250ft-500ft) but the currents are strong at all depths. Chance of being found at all is minimal I'm afraid. RIP.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wishing to detract from the condolences message, but if I were a relative I would be angry and asking questions why such a high risk mode of transportation was chosen when much lower risk and certainly higher comfort level methods are available. Was the saving of a few hours that critical?

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am hoping it's option 3 but I have serious doubts it is - they would be in a life raft (presumably with flares etc and brightly coloured to make it easier to spot) in the middle of a relatively small piece of water that also happens to be the busiest shipping lanes in the world.

As I say - hopefully they are and there is a happy end to this - thought and prayers are with his and the pilots families as well as Nantes and Cardiff
Even in a brightly coloured life raft they would have been nigh on impossible to see from the bridge of a ship at night.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So tragic to be cut down in the prime of your life like that with such exciting times ahead of you. Life is truly ****ed up sometimes. Whatevers gone before and my personal feelings on the club, I hope Cardiff can rally and stay up in tribute to him.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC saying sala made his own arrangements of transport

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I am by no means suggesting any negligence or impropriety but I must admit any involvement of McKay doesn't sit to well.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
McKay the worst agent in football. Hopefully that’s the end of him in football.

P

paddy

Sad. Sad.
But shows these people are just pieces of meat to agents alike who see only££s perhaps .
I wouldn’t send my worst enemy so far in such a plane

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sad. Sad.
But shows these people are just pieces of meat to agents alike who see only££s perhaps .
I wouldn’t send my worst enemy so far in such a plane
From experience we know McKay is a **** but in this case we don’t know anything about his involvement and in which case it is wrong to implicate him or imply he is at fault.
It is probably a tragic accident and wrong to make false accusations.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wishing to detract from the condolences message, but if I were a relative I would be angry and asking questions why such a high risk mode of transportation was chosen when much lower risk and certainly higher comfort level methods are available. Was the saving of a few hours that critical?
Totally agree with this. So, so unecessary mode of transport.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emiliano sounds to be a smashing fella, the Nantes president said he is "polite, nice, an adorable boy, adored by everyone".

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emiliano sounds to be a smashing fella, the Nantes president said he is "polite, nice, an adorable boy, adored by everyone".

Everyone is ‘polite, friendly and loved by everyone’ when they die. no one is ever a piece of ****, rude or disliked etc

Now I’m not saying sala wasn’t a nice guy I’m sure he was, I’m just making a point

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
Didn’t le tissier used to fly to soton from Guernsey ?
Yeah on Flybe used to comeback on the same flight as him on a Sunday morning, he used to have a Flybe plane named after him don’t know if he still has though

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
With only one pilot, what happens if that person suddenly falls ill? It’s not inconceivable that a middle-aged man could have a heart attack in a stressful situation - which leaves the aircraft and passenger doomed. It doesn’t bear thinking about. So why only one pilot?

The whole event is tragic and heart-breaking on so many levels. Poor souls, may they rest in peace.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
With only one pilot, what happens if that person suddenly falls ill? It’s not inconceivable that a middle-aged man could have a heart attack in a stressful situation - which leaves the aircraft and passenger doomed. It doesn’t bear thinking about. So why only one pilot?

The whole event is tragic and heart-breaking on so many levels. Poor souls, may they rest in peace.
I said the same today

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Caught a bit of an interview on the radio with one of the Cardiff officials. He said Cardiff had told Sala they would make the flight arrangements for him on a commercial basis but he declined and said he would organise it himself.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The whole event is tragic and heart-breaking on so many levels. Poor souls, may they rest in peace. /QUOTE]
In the summer of 1994 I was working in the Dominican Republic and had to fly from Punts Cana to Santo Domingo to attend a meeting. I refused to fly I the single engined plane provided insisting on a twin engine plane. I attended the meeting and there was a terrible rain deluge. I eventually got the airport for the return journey to be told my flight was delayed. I asked how long before the runway was usable but was told that was not the reason. My pilot had suffered a heart attack and was in intensive care. It was ok as they had seatched his clothes and found the keys and a new pilot was taking me back. Absolutely true.

My thoughts are with the families of the missing.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In the summer of 1994 I was working in the Dominican Republic and had to fly from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo to attend a meeting. I refused to fly in the single engined plane provided insisting on a twin engine plane. I attended the meeting and there was a terrible rain deluge. I eventually got the airport for the return journey to be told my flight was delayed. I asked how long before the runway was usable but was told that was not the reason. My pilot had suffered a heart attack and was in intensive care. It was ok as they had searched his clothes and found the keys and a new pilot was taking me back. Absolutely true.

My thoughts are with the families of the missing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Certainly not a form of flying that I would choose, and I fly to/from the UK every week. While flying on a commercial airliner is statistically one of the safest forms of travel, flying in a private or light plane, is at best no safer than driving a car in the US, and depending on how you process the stats, significantly more dangerous. To be fair, you’re still very unlikely to die flying in a light plane, it’s just that it’s much safer flying in a commercial airliner. His agent confirmed today that he arranged the travel.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Sala.
Just a terrible accident.
Playing the blame game will not help anybody.
Sincere condolences to families involved as well as to Cardiff and their fans.
I'm sorry astral, but pointing out the risks could help someone else to mitigate them. The company I work for fly employees all over the world and there are specific rules when traveling on company business. Commercial airlines where ever possible, even some airlines are banned, those with poor safety records.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read that there’s a small island 1.5 miles off the Alderney coast called Burhou. Apparently there were flares being fired from it yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom