Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Emiliano Sala

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Really sad news, your heart goes to his family and friends. Absolute tragedy.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would question why anyone, never mind a £15 million footballer, would be on a tiny single prop flying over the sea at night.
It must have been tight on fuel too going that distance. Not the time or the place perhaps.

Such sad news and my thoughts go to him, the pilot, their families and all of Nantes FC and Cardiff FC.
while we all hope and prey for some good news on this tragedy, it hurts me to say I feel exactly the same. Such a lightweight plane flying like that at night, together with the Leicester tragedy where the choice to fly by helicopter rather than chauffeur driven car puts so much unnecessary risk on people's lives.

It's all so sad, and so avoidable. Fingers crossed for good news on such a sad day.

W

WasStefan

It will be a charter and possibly be piloted by someone who is not instrument rated although that's unlikely because of insurance problems.
The plane is perfectly capable of that type of flight it's repeated every day of the week.
I know. It was more the fact 1 engine and 1 pilot increases risk of disaster infinitely

W

WasStefan

while we all hope and prey for some good news on this tragedy, it hurts me to say I feel exactly the same. Such a lightweight plane flying like that at night, together with the Leicester tragedy where the choice to fly by helicopter rather than chauffeur driven car puts so much unnecessary risk on people's lives.

It's all so sad, and so avoidable. Fingers crossed for good news on such a sad day.
Yes but on the other hand you are more likely to die by car than plane. But agree i dont see why such risks were taken. It just doesn't add up. Someone is negligible somewhere and they will have a very guilty conscience tonight.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but on the other hand you are more likely to die by car than plane. But agree i dont see why such risks were taken. It just doesn't add up. Someone is negligible somewhere and they will have a very guilty conscience tonight.
The Cardiff website says that the plane was supplied by their Chairman

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading the Cardiff City forum, nice to see fans of different clubs registering to express their condolences to them. Football comes together

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just registered on the Cardiff forum, am awaiting clearance to post from admin.
Football is important but not as important as this is right now.
Prayers to all affected by this.... God bless.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just registered on the Cardiff forum, am awaiting clearance to post from admin.
As l said earlier l did exactly that and posted this thread over there...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
There are probably thousands of small craft flights made every day.....it's tragic but you can't cover everything to perfection.

An aircraft is a machine operated by a person in environmental situations that can be seriously taxing. Mechanical failure as well as environmental hazard, not to mention human error and other factors can create a disaster situation.

What I can't understand is why a beacon transmitting device can't be utilised either mechanically in an emergency situation by the pilot or by impact on crashing as a standard....something the size of a shoebox would not be too much to have on any aircraft.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are probably thousands of small craft flights made every day.....it's tragic but you can't cover everything to perfection.

An aircraft is a machine operated by a person in environmental situations that can be seriously taxing. Mechanical failure as well as environmental hazard, not to mention human error and other factors can create a disaster situation.

What I can't understand is why a beacon transmitting device can't be utilised either mechanically in an emergency situation by the pilot or by impact on crashing as a standard....something the size of a shoebox would not be too much to have on any aircraft.
Unless the plane blows up and said device is damaged...

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Chairman uses the plan, no? I read it as it's the Chairmans plane?

Or the Chairman uses this particularly plane a lot

OK, I see what you mean

He looked distraught on an interview I saw, but if it is a plane he uses I suppose he's bound to be feeling an element of luck or relief. Survivor's guilt perhaps when all said and done

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would question why anyone, never mind a £15 million footballer, would be on a tiny single prop flying over the sea at night.
It must have been tight on fuel too going that distance. Not the time or the place perhaps.

Such sad news and my thoughts go to him, the pilot, their families and all of Nantes FC and Cardiff FC.
Wouldn't have been tight on fuel. PA 46 has a range of over 1300 nautical miles. Believe it or not it's only about 260nm from Nantes to Cardiff. As long as the pilot calculated his take-off weight correctly there would be no issue with fuel.

It's also not a small prop, it's a turboprop i.e. A jet engine with a propeller on the front, can carry up to five passengers plus two crew I believe.

I don't believe it was anything to do with the type of aircraft.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would have been advised, more than likely

The Chairman may be feeling very lucky
I may be wrong but I read it that the chairman arranged for the plane rather than actually owned it. Either way I would think he would be feeling sick to his stomach.

306NOTOUT

They reported earlier it had 3 previous attempts at taking off before getting up in the 4th

D

Deleted member 3751

It doesn't look good, what a massive blow for Cardiff

From a football perspective

Assuming the worst has happened, and it indeed looks that way. For all his faults, Warnock knows how to galvanize a team and maybe this tragedy can indirectly help to keep them up. I also think Cardiff should be granted special dispensation to bring in a forward after the window closes.

In saying all that though, hoping for a miracle and thoughts obviously with Sala, the pilot, their friends and families, and Cardiff and Nantes football clubs. This is a deeply tragic event

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So young. I hope they find his remains because without them the pain for his family will be magnified.
The pain for his parents must be awful.

W

WasStefan

These voicemails of Sala shortly before his death are chilling

Very sad

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
The waters around Alderney are always rough and doubt there is any chance of survival for more then a couple of hours as the waters are also very cold , sad sad news

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The dust hasn't settled yet, and I'm still rather dumbstruck.
The conclusion nears its horrible end though, the more time passes.
One must, as is our nature, maintain hope.
Nay, one must even voice it. Hope is the only thing that mitigates the sense of utter tragedy.

In the meantime I find myself also getting a bit angry.
I can't help it, and I realise it's still not yet time. But I can't not say it or it will eat at me.

Who the **** ordered the use of that plane? This was no fun trip by an aviation enthusiast who is ready to enjoy the thrills of flight, and readily accepts the dangers inherent in it.

This was someone going to his new job.
Shame.

W

WasStefan

Nay, one must even voice it. Hope is the only thing that mitigates the sense of utter tragedy.

I can't help it, and I realise it's still not yet time. But I can't not say it or it will eat at me.

Who the **** ordered the use of that plane? This was no fun trip by an aviation enthusiast who is ready to enjoy the thrills of flight, and readily accepts the dangers inherent in it.

Shame.
I still maintain the choice of plane is very strange

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very moving to see the scenes involving the Nantes fans and players. Emiliano is obviously a popular chap ( reluctant to use "was")

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
If and when they accept you Steve pass on the condolences of the whole of Mol Mix, thanks

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shame.

I’m sure there will be a thorough investigation and hopefully it gets to the bottom of what happened to the plane, what condition it was in, and how it was chartered (I presume) for this trip. I don’t think we can draw any conclusions at this very early stage.

Tragic for him and his family and friends.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dreadful news. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had a bid turned down for him when we were in the Championship, 4m Euros ( BBC )

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Guernsey Police have confirmed that the plane actually had a life raft on board, and they're conducting their search based on four possibilities, with the bold option the one they're prioritising:

1) They have landed elsewhere but not made contact.
2) They landed on water, have been picked up by a passing ship but not made contact.
3) They landed on water and made it into the life raft.
4) The aircraft broke up on contact with water, leaving them in the sea.

At least there's some hope for them with a life raft on board, especially if there's a small island near Alderney that they could have landed their life raft at.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Guernsey Police have confirmed that the plane actually had a life raft on board, and they're conducting their search based on four possibilities, with the bold option the one they're prioritising:

2) They landed on water, have been picked up by a passing ship but not made contact.

At least there's some hope for them with a life raft on board, especially if there's a small island near Alderney that they could have landed their life raft at.
Surely they are prioritising option 3 because sadly 1) & 2) are basically impossible to imagine, and 4) is unfortunately what probably occurred.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We continue to pray for the miracle of options 1, 2 or 3. As unlikely as it seems to be option 1 & 2.

Back
Top Bottom