Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take 7th?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Insomnia does funny things to people....including starting 3 am polls!

7th is very very likely to equal Europe conference league. Obviously it would mean we missed out on the premier European competitions, but it would mean a return to European football.

Would you?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Still think it unlikely but its great to be involved at least. Personally I just find it irritating that the league is very poor right now at the top end and any semblance of even mediocre strengthening and we could genuinely have been favourites for fourth.
I think we would be rank outsiders even if we had spent 200 mil to be honest! But we - like Arsenal - are in the running only if we keep key players fit.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
I suspect people will get confused between the Europa league and the Europa conference league. The conference league is the third tier of European football and do we really want to be involved with that and the subsequent Thursday - Sunday issues. I said weeks ago let’s go for fourth position - next three games are Leicester, arsenal and West Ham - let’s see where we after these 3 games.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say no just because 7th would mean the Conference League and while I'd love us to be in Europe again I can see that competition being a big distraction with very little reward. If you were to offer me a coin toss though where Euro qualification is guaranteed and it's Europa if I win and Conference if I lose, I'd take that

If that makes sense!

GV Wolf

Reaction score
I'd say no just because 7th would mean the Conference League and while I'd love us to be in Europe again I can see that competition being a big distraction with very little reward. If you were to offer me a coin toss though where Euro qualification is guaranteed and it's Europa if I win and Conference if I lose, I'd take that

If that makes sense!
That’s what I was trying to say - you’ve said it better:)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7th would equal our best finish in the Prem, so no shame in that. The European thing, I can take or leave, but the kudos of finishing that high, coupled with the prize money is more of an interest to me. Best of the rest behind the Sky 6 is not to be sniffed at. Obviously I'd love higher, but with this current Wolves, I think 7th would give us a great platform to build on, should Fosun wish to. They/we failed to build on it the first time and the second time. Third time lucky?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I prefer our chances to Spurs, so I don't think we'll finish worse than 7th. Or higher than 5th.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Europa Conference football i think would be great. Its the fact a lot of us were resigned that competitive european football was just that one season wonder. To achieve something similar again would be amazing. The only worry then comes with the Thursday/Sunday games again, as well as a very depleted squad to play all the games and the toll that can take. But no club should turn their nose up at competitive european football, even if its not the top 2 competitions.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as the question from the OP has intrigued me, no, I wouldn’t take 7th. right now…….( would have before Xmass).

I really have to see how this season plays out for Wolves, as the race is on for Europa. Wouldn’t miss this for the world.
Todays win makes upcoming games even more interesting that usual.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most of us would have taken 7th at the start of the the season. However when you look at the improvement in players such as Saiss and Podence, plus the exciting emergence of Kilman, Toti and Cundle together with the usual excellence of Coady, Moutinho and the brilliant Ruben Neves, I think that top six is not impossible. It will be very tough, but not impossible.

PS - looking at some of the times people posted on this thread, insomnia must be a common thing... :)

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football is about memories. Thousands of Wolves fans taking over a square somewhere in Europe, beers flowing, singing, having an amazing time. I don’t care what the competition is, I would take that all day long.

We would also have a great chance of winning it too.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take 7th over 8th

Even if we put the u23s into the EC competition

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say no (not out of entitlement, put the pitchforks down) - but because there’s so many games to go. May as well roll the dice! **** I thought we were going to get relegated so it’s all gravy.

SuziQ

Reaction score
If we manage to beat Leicester next weekend and one of Arsenal or Wet Spam then I think we could get higher but at the start of the season if you'd offered me 7th I'd have been very happy indeed.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really fear the Europa slog again. It is a slog fest!
Great for fans but seriously tiring for the team!!
Yes our small squad contributes to that, but it almost ruined us before and proved to be the beginning of the end for Nuno and his exhausted squad

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd say no. The offer isn't 7th or nothing.

You have to weight it up against what is possible. 4th is in reach if unlikely and could be monumental for the club.

If you had a dice with 8, 7, 6, 5 and 4 on it

8 is nothing
7 conference
6 europa
5 europa
4 UCL

If you rolled a 7 and you got offered to roll again........YOU'D roll again

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would I take European football.

Struggling to see how anyone could say no to this.

Well, 7th is Europa Conference. I quite fancy our chances of 6th for Europa League again.

I think EL is a big enough improvement on the EC that it's worth the gamble.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be over the moon with 7th, personally.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say no. The offer isn't 7th or nothing.

You have to weight it up against what is possible. 4th is in reach if unlikely and could be monumental for the club.

If you had a dice with 8, 7, 6, 5 and 4 on it

8 is nothing
7 conference
6 europa
5 europa
4 UCL

If you rolled a 7 and you got offered to roll again........YOU'D roll again
Errrrm six sides to a dice..? ;)

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if the Europa conference is worth the stress that will be put on a small squad with the added amount of games.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Insomnia does funny things to people....including starting 3 am polls!

7th is very very likely to equal Europe conference league. Obviously it would mean we missed out on the premier European competitions, but it would mean a return to European football.

Would you?
Insomnia bringing out your inner JayJay.... ???

I'd love us to be back in European competition but ideally not the Conference League.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need 4th or Neves and Kilman are gone, so no.

I don’t think we will finish 4th thanks to the complete incompetence of Shi, but if we do, Lage deserves a statue to be commissioned with the Traore loan fee.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8th gets us Conference league if a good team wins the FA cup?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On all available evidence we are absolutely good enough to get 4th and have seriously good players coming back. No pressure on Bruno and the lads but 7th would be a disappointment at this point

Imagine being ****ed off at 7th at the start of the season, especially after those first three results. Phenomenal job from Bruno

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

On all available evidence we are absolutely good enough to get 4th and have seriously good players coming back. No pressure on Bruno and the lads but 7th would be a disappointment at this point

Imagine being ****ed off at 7th at the start of the season, especially after those first three results. Phenomenal job from Bruno
7th absolutely wouldn't be a disappointment in any form imo

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

If that makes sense!
It does. What worries me though, is you need a big enough prem level squad to cope with all the extra Europa games on top of the normal league programme, or hectic programme, if we do well in the domestic cups.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
7th would be great. Now we are 7th, lets aim higher. Best to take each game as it comes, and see where we end up come the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom