Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you put your House on it?

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, this isn't meant to be a negative thread, just to get an insight of how many people would actually bet their house on wolves gaining promotion.

With all the arguments about being pant wetters and others saying their so confident. Well how confident is everyone if put to the sword.

I for one, keep quiet always have, because I've supported us for too long to know it's never easy being a wolves fan.
I wouldn't bet my house on us gaining promotion, still a long way to go.

S

Shifnal Wolf

In response to the OP, no and not in a million years. With Wolves and how things have been done and come about over the years I've been watching them I wouldn't bet my grass cuttings.

You need more faith in Nuno mate, we are going up!

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
I wouldn't, no. I won't join in with the Wolves are goin' up until mathematically possible. A great position to be in mind, form or no form!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet the lot on it. House, Mrs, Car, yearly wage. Which of course is easy to say until it came time hand ove the deeds, keys and a years money. Mrs can go cos if I lost all that she would kill me anyhow. :D:D:D

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Definite "No" from me. If we are 10 points ahead with 3 games to go I might consider it.

E

Essex Wolf

You need more faith in Nuno mate, we are going up!
Mate I really wish I had your faith. I won't say blind faith as that's insulting but I just don't get how people are so assured even though I really do try to understand it.

As things stand things look good but the last few performances have been below par, goals have dried up, certain players looked knackered and what is crystal clear to me is that another striker, and a decent one at that, is a must. The team have done exceptionally well so far and managed to get by without the need for another but likewise Wolves have been fairly lucky with injuries and suspensions. With the season now well over half way through Wolves, IMHO, need to make a couple of signings of quality to help them across the line.

After the last couple of league performances I'll be perfectly honest here mate and say I don't expect much from the next couple of games.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Mate I really wish I had your faith. I won't say blind faith as that's insulting but I just don't get how people are so assured even though I really do try to understand it.

As things stand things look good but the last few performances have been below par, goals have dried up, certain players looked knackered and what is crystal clear to me is that another striker, and a decent one at that, is a must. The team have done exceptionally well so far and managed to get by without the need for another but likewise Wolves have been fairly lucky with injuries and suspensions. With the season now well over half way through Wolves, IMHO, need to make a couple of signings of quality to help them across the line.

After the last couple of league performances I'll be perfectly honest here mate and say I don't expect much from the next couple of games.

I genuinely get your point mate, I do however believe Nuno has all the credentials to see this through and take us back to the premier.

I’ve never been fascinated with beating Readings points total and likewise 1 defeat in 14 doesn’t have me worrying about our form.

We will have many ups and downs in the remaining games, I just expect far more ups.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Of course not. Jokingly or half-jokingly, football has a way of biting you in the **** if you bet on it. That’s why most of us don’t bet on Wolves, because you put the mockers on it big time. There is still a massive amount of points to play for- injuries, suspensions, luck all play a part. I hope and pray that Wolves go up, not expect it.

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
If I was offered half decent odds yes I would!
At 1/20 on ... No I would not.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would on promotion but I doubt the odds very good. It would have to be evens at least.

So in real terms say for example who would you put your house on villa or derby ?

D

Deleted member 3573J

I'd put my life savings on it for sure. Unfortunately I'd only make a few pence on my £16.15 stake.

E

Essex Wolf

I genuinely get your point mate, I do however believe Nuno has all the credentials to see this through and take us back to the premier.

I’ve never been fascinated with beating Readings points total and likewise 1 defeat in 14 doesn’t have me worrying about our form.

We will have many ups and downs in the remaining games, I just expect far more ups.
As it stands Wolves have a 4 game lead over 3rd place if that makes sense. Cardiff still have to play Wolves as well as Derby and Villa so points by our competitors will be dropped but it whather they drop as many as Wolves.

As for Readings points total. I'm with you mate. It means absolutely sweet FA. Would it be nice to beat it, yes of course it would but does it matter as long as Wolves gain promotion, no not at all.

As you know I assume nothing and as such yesterdays defeat didn't come as a real shock. I was surprised Wolves lost but not dumb founded or gobsmacked. Likewise I feel the same about the next two games. Should Wolves dip out and the chasers fair better the gap will be much smaller.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some brave people, let's hope the Vitamin D and a couple of new signings makes me want to risk it (-;

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
As for Readings points total. I'm with you mate. It means absolutely sweet FA. Would it be nice to beat it, yes of course it would but does it matter as long as Wolves gain promotion, no not at all.
Correct. **** Reading’s record points total. We need to get it out of our minds. Matters not one iota. Finishing in that top two by the end of the season is all that matters.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wont catch readings total. They only lost two games. We might wobble a bit or even a lot more but i do think we will go up. Bet my car but not my house

M

merseawolf

Anything can happen in sport and i wouldnt put my house on us being promoted but we are in a great position and i expect us to lose now and again but i have faith in Nuno and the players.

jeb01

Reaction score

Agree with this.
The team looked really flat and tired yesterday. Maybe (hopefully?) this is our mid season "wobble" and we'll see it through, and work our way back to better form soon.
A few days training in Spain can only help I think. Slightly surprised that we haven't signed another experienced striker to help Leo and Diogo. Rafa Mir doesn't come into that category for me. I know it's not easy and we are presumably looking to buy players who are of premiership quality, which makes it more difficult, despite the Mendes connection, but surely we do need some reinforcements.
Having said that I expect us to get something from the Ipswich game, and at least Derby and Villa have tricky away games against Millwall and Sheff Utd. next time out.

E

Essex Wolf

Correct. **** Reading’s record points total. We need to get it out of our minds. Matters not one iota. Finishing in that top two by the end of the season is all that matters.
Yup. I don't care if Wolves go up with the lowest points total ever for a promted team in an auto promotion place.

Agree with this.
The team looked really flat and tired yesterday. Maybe (hopefully?) this is our mid season "wobble" and we'll see it through, and work our way back to better form soon.
A few days training in Spain can only help I think. Slightly surprised that we haven't signed another experienced striker to help Leo and Diogo. Rafa Mir doesn't come into that category for me. I know it's not easy and we are presumably looking to buy players who are of premiership quality, which makes it more difficult, despite the Mendes connection, but surely we do need some reinforcements.
Having said that I expect us to get something from the Ipswich game, and at least Derby and Villa have tricky away games against Millwall and Sheff Utd. next time out.
They say change is good as a rest so maybe a few days in Spain will revitalise things. But a striker really is a must IMV and to fail in another window to sign one could be costly.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am too old so I remember seasons in which we imploded unexpectedly towards the end, key injuries to our best players at the most crucial of times in a season and Graham Taylor telling me when he became our manager that their implosion at the end of one season when they were set to win the League was Tony Cascarino's dramatic, sudden loss of self-confidence in his crucial role for them.

So no, for me, Lady Luck and the Fat Lady have always had too much influence. Those who assume the Fat Lady is warming up her vocal chords just don't grasp that she never let's it rip until her sister gives the all-clear. Then there are Championship Refs, with their old-school views and inability / unwillingness to protect flair players against journeymen. So no way would I bet my worst plectrum, nose-pickings, soiled hanky or anything else on it. Leicester won the Premier League; within 5 years of Busby's exit, Manure were relegated; Wimbledon and Wigan have won the FA Cup. A lot of our players have won nothing of note and have yet to win anything as a group. They are incredibly young for a promotion side, so there are various things that could go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom