Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would any "neutral" mind if we went down ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not just about Lage .
I cant see many neutrals ,with our style of play and goalless entertainment, mourning our loss from this league .
We have probably produced a dozen good games to watch in two mind numbing years.
Can Shi , Sellars and Lage take us to the next level ? Or even keep us at this level ?
I really believe we cant move forward much without this matter being addressed.

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who says Fosun want us to move forward now? They signed the deal with Gestifute before they bought our football club. They wanted a solid top level football club to showcase players who could be sold on while the value of the club increased, made sustainable by TV monies. I’m sure they’d like year-on-year improvement but there’s no great rush if the player trading arrangement is working okay.

Not being cynical or angry, just remembering what happened in run-up to them buying the club.

I’d still have taken this back then, just now feels a bit ho hum.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Can Shi , Sellars and Lage take us to the next level ? Or even keep us at this level ?

The big six ( the next level) have more than double the revenues of wolves and can therefore pay much higher wages and transfer fees and that’s how they attract the best players. It’s why players like Jota and perhaps Neves cannot refuse the opportunity to move.

That is the main issue to address….can you explain to me how you feel it can be addressed and what the shortcomings of the management team are.? I should add that this same issue is why you can’t replace Lage with say Klopp…. And why Fosun have been such a disaster? Where would you source better? Saudi Arabia? Russia?And even do under FFP aren’t they limited to the clubs revenue.

So it seems to me that if the major constraint is the revenues then you need a plan to triple the revenues and thus attract the best players and management team.if you attempt it in an unsustainable manner you may end up like Everton who have been the most successful club outside the big six but not really reached the next level…like Leicester and the hammers who also are just outside the big six but have better revenues than wolves.

Could Lage take the team to the champions league with say manchester city’s squad?

A slightly different issue is that although wolves finished a respectable 10th they were not on a trajectory to the next level.. Far from it …in fact over the last 6,8, 10 and 12 Matches the form table shows them 17th.Thatis the immediate and urgent problem to solve not this mythical next level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see many neutrals ,with our style of play and goalless entertainment, mourning our loss from this league .
We have probably produced a dozen good games to watch in two mind numbing years.
Jeez any chance of any positive threads before the start of next season
Wolves aye we

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just as it’s Bruno’s job to get the best out of his players, it’s Sellars job to get the best out his manager.

As we look at the ins and outs in January whilst we consider the position we were in, can we honestly say that Bruno has been given enough opportunity to succeed here?

Bruno has won a title at Benfica he’s obviously got something about him, Jeff’s overseen (though making some mistakes) a successful period at Wolves.

Has Sellar’s proven enough within his career that he can help rebuild this squad? This isn’t rhetorical, would genuinely like to hear peoples thoughts.

I’ve defended us over previous windows, however January wasn’t good enough and our strategy in that window has resulted in us missing out on a great opportunity to qualify for Europe, which has now also put us in a position where it looks like we’re losing our best player.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only a truly happy clapper could suggest there is anything positive this season. If you think this season has been positive start a thread.
We all want better than finishing 10th when we could have comfortably finished 6th (IMO) however top 10 let’s hopefully build and go again next season. Wolves aye we

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who says Fosun want us to move forward now? They signed the deal with Gestifute before they bought our football club. They wanted a solid top level football club to showcase players who could be sold on while the value of the club increased, made sustainable by TV monies. I’m sure they’d like year-on-year improvement but there’s no great rush if the player trading arrangement is working okay.

Not being cynical or angry, just remembering what happened in run-up to them buying the club.

I’d still have taken this back then, just now feels a bit ho hum.
It would pay Fosun to have a progressive attacking style as premiums are paid for attacking players.

Even if we just hovvered around mid table, Fosun would sell players that catch the eye for more than those who don't.

Last edited:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept, I support wolves, and couldn't give a rats arsenal if any of the other 19 get relegated, the more established the club the better in my eyes.

Do we really care what opposition fans feel if wolves were to get relegated?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus side, we would all have been happy with tenth especially after another poor transfer window

Down side, we were **** after February

I don’t care if we go down I’m totally fed up of corrupt officials. And I’m now of the opinion it is corrupt, like politics, they just quickly move over stuff to avoid discussion.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
…..A slightly different issue is that although wolves finished a respectable 10th they were not on a trajectory to the next level.. Far from it …in fact over the last 6,8, 10 and 12 Matches the form table shows them 17th.Thatis the immediate and urgent problem to solve not this mythical next level.
Last 14…W3 D2 L9.

Don’t think anyone realistically thought we’d get top four but a 6th place was achievable. Our drop off in form and performances has been a real worry.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't see a challenge to the big six as a realistic ambition for us. Football is not a fair and level playing field at this level and to pretend it is would be delusional. I would however be happy to be a consistent top 10 side, with a regular chance at European football in a good year and a trophy or two every now and then. I am worried however that the margins between this and an annual wade in the mire of relegation are very fine. We really are on the cusp of those two options at the moment and who goes, who stays, who joins us in the next couple of months could decide the club's fate for some years to come.
I also don't think there is such a thing as a "neutral", amongst British football fans at least. Too much history. I don't care about the way other teams play and doubt if their fans care about how we play. I would want certain teams to be relegated / liquidated even if they played the most entertaining football in the world and I'm sure there are plenty out there who feel the same about us. I'm deeply suspicious of anyone who just likes to see an entertaining game between two top teams - sounds like an American concept of sport to me!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't see a challenge to the big six as a realistic ambition for us. Football is not a fair and level playing field at this level and to pretend it is would be delusional. I would however be happy to be a consistent top 10 side, with a regular chance at European football in a good year and a trophy or two every now and then. I am worried however that the margins between this and an annual wade in the mire of relegation are very fine. We really are on the cusp of those two options at the moment and who goes, who stays, who joins us in the next couple of months could decide the club's fate for some years to come.
I also don't think there is such a thing as a "neutral", amongst British football fans at least. Too much history. I don't care about the way other teams play and doubt if their fans care about how we play. I would want certain teams to be relegated / liquidated even if they played the most entertaining football in the world and I'm sure there are plenty out there who feel the same about us. I'm deeply suspicious of anyone who just likes to see an entertaining game between two top teams - sounds like an American concept of sport to me!
But we are a very poor watch though.

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
Last 14…W3 D2 L9.

Don’t think anyone realistically thought we’d get top four but a 6th place was achievable. Our drop off in form and performances has been a real worry.
None of those three wins in last seven games

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we are a very poor watch though.
Oh I agree, I would rather we were a more entertaining side, but for our benefit, not for any "neutrals" and I think I would still take points over entertainment if push comes to shove.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may not be the most attractive team to watch lately,but i think todays game shows how effective we can be
We cant all be Man City in fact only they can lol
Wolves make life difficult for most teams every manager you hear from says how hard it is to play against us,and when we have our best 11 out and on form i do think we are a good watch,unforunately it hasnt happened often this season
We all know we need a refresh,and if it happens who knows what it may bring
If in time we are relegated i wonder how many of these posters wishing for the Championship style will still be moaning how hard a watch it is

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t even want to contemplate this possibility.

Been there, done that.

Good news is that’s it’s not in Fosun’s interest to allow that to happen.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last 14…W3 D2 L9.

Did this drop of form coincide with the loss of Kilman and Neves?

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Still maintain that without the pandemic halting three years’ worth of momentum we’d still be in dreamland right now

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't deny I'm disappointed at finishing 10th in the table and I'm still no big fan of Bruno but I'm pretty darn proud of our performance today!
Gave it our all and had we got a forward who knew where the net was, who knows?!!!
Felt our chances today walked off the pitch when Neto did but regardless, that was a bloody good effort! Hwang is bang useless though!!! Sorry!!!

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So did Brentford. Being better than Villa should not be a benchmark.
He said there was nothing to be positive about this season, I was just mentioning a couple especially given how many on here were saying we were in a relegation battle and Brentford would finish above us after we lost to them at home. I’m not saying it wa# a positive season overall

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to take a holiday from the board again, I think. This place becomes so damn miserable and negative in the summer.

There wasn't much positivity in the autumn, either. And as for winter... always a grim time. Spring? False hopes blooming as usual. God help us if we ever actually won the league, because it would be a few weeks of happiness* (though some would insist we were awful but won it through luck) followed by years of misery, because expectations would rise even higher and anythign short of winning the World Cup would be a total failure and proof that we will be in League 1 in a year.

*" Yes, we won the league , but I just don't like that trophy, just can't take to it"

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big six ( the next level) have more than double the revenues of wolves and can therefore pay much higher wages and transfer fees and that’s how they attract the best players. It’s why players like Jota and perhaps Neves cannot refuse the opportunity to move.

That is the main issue to address….can you explain to me how you feel it can be addressed and what the shortcomings of the management team are.? I should add that this same issue is why you can’t replace Lage with say Klopp…. And why Fosun have been such a disaster? Where would you source better? Saudi Arabia? Russia?And even do under FFP aren’t they limited to the clubs revenue.

So it seems to me that if the major constraint is the revenues then you need a plan to triple the revenues and thus attract the best players and management team.if you attempt it in an unsustainable manner you may end up like Everton who have been the most successful club outside the big six but not really reached the next level…like Leicester and the hammers who also are just outside the big six but have better revenues than wolves.

Could Lage take the team to the champions league with say manchester city’s squad?

A slightly different issue is that although wolves finished a respectable 10th they were not on a trajectory to the next level.. Far from it …in fact over the last 6,8, 10 and 12 Matches the form table shows them 17th.Thatis the immediate and urgent problem to solve not this mythical next level.
We are on a rapidly declining trajectory . I am not talking top six I am talking about retaining a chance to be top 7 , there is no hope of that at present.
My belief is that we have to be cleverer than others in the recruitment of players. I thought we were for three years.
This is where you can fight best . Football Intelligence . That is definitley not Lage and Sellars .
We did this in the first three years and we now have to revert to this formula of using Mendes.
We also need to recruit a top quality manager that players will want to join.
Loetegui , Marcus Silva and Nuno were once on offer , now its the third lowest paid manager in this league.
Managers make teams better.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are on a rapidly declining trajectory . I am not talking top six I am talking about retaining a chance to be top 7 , there is no hope of that at present.
My belief is that we have to be cleverer than others in the recruitment of players. I thought we were for three years.
This is where you can fight best . Football Intelligence . That is definitley not Lage and Sellars .
We did this in the first three years and we now have to revert to this formula of using Mendes.
We also need to recruit a top quality manager that players will want to join.
Loetegui , Marcus Silva and Nuno were once on offer , now its the third lowest paid manager in this league.
Managers make teams better.

Really? We finished higher and with more points than last season. Sure we slid badly at the end of this season, having been in a position to challenge for Champions League, but it did coincide with some key injuries with disrupted the defence, midfield and attack. Our squad is not deep and when we pick up injuries we look very fragile. We were very lucky in the early Nuno seasons, but that luck has deserted us in the last two and the club have failed to respond.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept, I support wolves, and couldn't give a rats arsenal if any of the other 19 get relegated, the more established the club the better in my eyes.

Do we really care what opposition fans feel if wolves were to get relegated?
Yes , only because owning an "unloved" team is not in Fosun's interests and that is not in our interest.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? We finished higher and with more points than last season. Sure we slid badly at the end of this season, having been in a position to challenge for Champions League, but it did coincide with some key injuries with disrupted the defence, midfield and attack.
Last season was really ****e. This season was marginally less ****e as a spectacle. And our best players are on the move out . So it will get worse unless things change.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and no.

We are the golden Stoke but actually have players who can play football just mentally run down by negativity.

Back
Top Bottom