Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would any "neutral" mind if we went down ?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still maintain that without the pandemic halting three years’ worth of momentum we’d still be in dreamland right now
I’m not so sure. We were pretty poor for a lot of the second season in the league. The excuse of playing in Europe masked that I think. Even in the first season we weren’t great before Christmas until Dendoncker came in. Really, we’ve only had one solid six month spell in the last four years. The midfield is a massive weakness and has never been addressed.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There wasn't much positivity in the autumn, either. And as for winter... always a grim time. Spring? False hopes blooming as usual. God help us if we ever actually won the league, because it would be a few weeks of happiness* (though some would insist we were awful but won it through luck) followed by years of misery, because expectations would rise even higher and anythign short of winning the World Cup would be a total failure and proof that we will be in League 1 in a year.

*" Yes, we won the league , but I just don't like that trophy, just can't take to it"
If you cant see where we are heading you havent been watching. Relegation form for the last 17 matches. And our best player about to leave.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season was really ****e. This season was marginally less ****e as a spectacle. And our best players are on the move out . So it will get worse unless things change.

No, **** is what Burnley fans are feeling tonight, knowing your team is going down and your club has real financial difficulties. Or, my son’s Uni mate who is a Norwich STH, now that’s really ****!

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would never want us to get relegated again! All we ask for is owners and proper management to take us forward and be ambitious. No, don't bankrupt the club and put us into debt, just show us that we are trying to improve and make gains on finishing in the top six.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you cant see where we are heading you havent been watching. Relegation form for the last 17 matches. And our best player about to leave.

Yes, that's true and is concerning. Though if we had mid table form the last 17 matches, then the negativity would still be there for some. For some the sky is always about to fall. They will be right one day, of course.

Thing is, far better to have poor form in the run in, than at the start of the season. Because we have a whole summer to rebuild the squad. The other thing is that "17 matches" is a carefully selected to put the worst possible slant on things. Why not 7 matches? Or 19 matches? Is that because 3 teams have worse form over 7 or 19 or any other number, so it doesn't look as bad?

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, that's true and is concerning. Though if we had mid table form the last 17 matches, then the negativity would still be there for some. For some the sky is always about to fall. They will be right one day, of course.

Thing is, far better to have poor form in the run in, than at the start of the season. Because we have a whole summer to rebuild the squad. The other thing is that "17 matches" is a carefully selected to put the worst possible slant on things. Why not 7 matches? Or 19 matches? Is that because 3 teams have worse form over 7 or 19 or any other number, so it doesn't look as bad?
Can`t get to away games anymore so fed up seeing only 14 home wins last 2 seasons

R

reanswolf

I get no joy or pleasure in being concerned, but our decline is notable.

Irrespective of League position, which is actually ok, if anyone thinks we haven’t regressed quite badly is in my opinion denying the truth.

More concerning is the fact that we arguably need a huge rebuild now, just where do you start? A whole new midfield is gonna be difficult to acquire, yes that’s 3 new players at minimum. Also maybe a quality CB, possibly a top quality striker tho personally I think Raul is still good enough with better service and support through midfield.

At least it’s going to be interesting, I think we will either sink or swim and this summer window is going to be defining.

Let’s see what happens but I see Neves, Donk, Traore, maybe Boly but hopefully not as he is our best CB, possibly even Coady, Jonny, and Jimenez maybe leaving.

Massive summer ahead.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, **** is what Burnley fans are feeling tonight, knowing your team is going down and your club has real financial difficulties. Or, my son’s Uni mate who is a Norwich STH, now that’s really ****!
Ok . All things are relative .
There is always someone worse off. And compared to Watford and Burnley , Man Utd have been stellar this season. Although I dont hear anyone else saying that .
But if like me you have watched every home match this season , and all matches last season on TV, how would you describe the quality of our football.
Perhaps a very poor watch with the last half being relation form. Not relative ****e .

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

17 matches is a long time , but wherever you draw a line, I am getting the feeling some posters dont watch Wolves .
They look at a distance at the table in the newspaper . The think 10th - thats OK . No more analysis .
The quality of football has been very poor, and every player seems to be on a downward trajectory. Regardless of out position of 10th, the football, the atmosphere, the players attitude is as you say worrying .

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not just about Lage .
I cant see many neutrals ,with our style of play and goalless entertainment, mourning our loss from this league .
We have probably produced a dozen good games to watch in two mind numbing years.
Can Shi , Sellars and Lage take us to the next level ? Or even keep us at this level ?
I really believe we cant move forward much without this matter being addressed.

After our first couple of seasons of being " the best promoted team ever".... " breath of fresh air " etc etc we have become to everyone else how we see the Brightons, Burnleys and Crystal Palces of the league..... boring, bland, nothing teams that all blend into beige.

I thought we'd see more goals ( for and against) under Bruno but its just more of the same,.... formation, players, lack of goals.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't see a challenge to the big six as a realistic ambition for us. Football is not a fair and level playing field at this level and to pretend it is would be delusional. I would however be happy to be a consistent top 10 side, with a regular chance at European football in a good year and a trophy or two every now and then. I am worried however that the margins between this and an annual wade in the mire of relegation are very fine. We really are on the cusp of those two options at the moment and who goes, who stays, who joins us in the next couple of months could decide the club's fate for some years to come.
I also don't think there is such a thing as a "neutral", amongst British football fans at least. Too much history. I don't care about the way other teams play and doubt if their fans care about how we play. I would want certain teams to be relegated / liquidated even if they played the most entertaining football in the world and I'm sure there are plenty out there who feel the same about us. I'm deeply suspicious of anyone who just likes to see an entertaining game between two top teams - sounds like an American concept of sport to me!
There are still many football purist out there . Often supporting lower league teams .
Believe me many loved Wolves coming up to 7th and their challenging football.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
i agree with almost everything being said on this thread.we used to be most fans and pundits second favourite team and now we are not even some of our fans favourite team to watch(joke) our performances have fallen off a cliff but in patches has been very good but not sustained.other fans would have wanted us relegated as we were a threat but not so much lately,we have reverted back to plucky Wolves

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember confident predictions of our relegation this year

Rinse and repeat

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares what neutrals think, anyway?

Why not "Does any neutral think Wolves season has been so bad they should sack Lage?". No neutral I know thinks that. The neutrals I know all say we are "fairly tedious to watch, but then you always were under Nuno, too".

Back
Top Bottom