Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t believe that there wasn’t a half decent ground available somewhere in the southern half of the country that as very roughly equidistant for both clubs.
The Hive, Barnet's ground (actually in Edgware), might have been a sensible option.

Edited to add: Not shooting any messengers!

SuziQ

Reaction score
Game ended 2-2. Game changed a bit for Brighouse when they brought on their no. 10.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I can’t believe that there wasn’t a half decent ground available somewhere in the southern half of the country that as very roughly equidistant for both clubs.
Might not be easy for the southern team, but for wolves it’s not bad. 1 hour 5 mins on train direct from Wolverhampton and a 2 minute walk from the station to Edgley park.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No grounds that need to hold no more than 10k available in the entire southern half of the country?

Callous treatment of fans is not solely reserved for the Premier League then
Utter BS, isn't it.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Game ended 2-2. Game changed a bit for Brighouse when they brought on their no. 10.

They fully deserved the point - their Number 7 caused HAVOC down the right wing and we should defo at look at her!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot accept that there was not a more suitable ground available. It is very unfair on Southampton fans.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot accept that there was not a more suitable ground available. It is very unfair on Southampton fans.
Have just read a piece on line which strongly suggests that we will be massive underdogs against Saints as they are much higher quality overall. Plus the Wolves ladies team manager is about to depart with the RAF for four months overseas service so won’t be around (didn’t realise he wasn’t full time at Wolves) so with all that in mind, I have changed my view - we should play the game at Molineux and pack the place out!
Bloody ridiculous that you win your league but could still not get promotion but that’s another discussion I guess.

SuziQ

Reaction score
They fully deserved the point - their Number 7 caused HAVOC down the right wing and we should defo at look at her!

She did - was very quick footed and seemed to get everywhere. Especially in the first half.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I'm surprised that there isn't a better suited ground available, it has to be understood that a lot of clubs do maintenance on the pitch as soon as the season is over.
There is a very limited amount of time for pitch maintenance, so many clubs would be unwilling to provide their facilities.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant really see what the issue is for a one off game. If either team get promoted there will be travelling required to fixtures in the Championship. It sounds like the moans of a few fans that fancy a one off jump on the bandwagon attendance at a Women's game.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I'm surprised that there isn't a better suited ground available, it has to be understood that a lot of clubs do maintenance on the pitch as soon as the season is over.
There is a very limited amount of time for pitch maintenance, so many clubs would be unwilling to provide their facilities.

You are probably correct, but had the FA contacted those clubs about the possibility of England playing at their ground, I am sure that it would have been made available.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play-Off Final at Edgley Park, Stockport against Southampton on May 21st -is to have subsidised Coach Travel!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the Club and Foundation, have just announced a joint partnership with #HerGameToo!

Over the last 11 months, HGT have gone 12 fans raising awareness to over 100 partnerships and for us to add our name to the list is excellent stuff.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Annoyed however, that City now clashes with the Birmingham County Cup Final against Albion!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play-Off Final at Edgley Park, Stockport against Southampton on May 21st -is to have subsidised Coach Travel!

That is excellent, and hopefully will encourage more people to go and support our ladies. They certainly deserve it.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably got lost due to the Citeh game (no mention on the official site) but I’m fairly sure that the Wolves women are in action tonight in the Birmingham County Cup final against the Albion “Women” (if such a thing exists!)

Back
Top Bottom